Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fairhead

Quote from: The Memory Man on September 04, 2013, 12:46:17 PM
Typical North Antrim response!  Never worry about the bog ballers!! ;)  The sooner we embrace all GAA activity in the county and give up the self promotion, selfishness and work for the greater good we're going nowhere.  I would like to think even a handful of North Antrim Gaels (sorry hurling people!) might have a passing interest in the All Ireland Football Finals?  Maybe I'm just being naive?

Have a look at the fixtures in the IN yesterday. Theres plenty of football fixtures in Tyrone this Sunday and some in other counties too so get on to those counties and ask them to embrace all GAA activity  :o !!!

btdtgtt

Ulster Hurling Final

Antrim V Down

Celtic Park, Derry

4 November

NAG1

Where are the Camogie semi finals being played surely they wouldnt fix both them and the hurling for the same day / time / venue?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Dunloys is set for sat 21st at 3.30. Not site of the venue, think those two semi finals are double headers like last year.
hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 04, 2013, 03:18:48 PM
Ulster Hurling Final

Antrim V Down

Celtic Park, Derry

4 November

Ha Ha, brilliant....

The Ulster council couldn't run the proverbial piss up in brewery when it comes to hurling.

Minder

Quote from: johnneycool on September 04, 2013, 04:30:44 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on September 04, 2013, 03:18:48 PM
Ulster Hurling Final

Antrim V Down

Celtic Park, Derry

4 November

Ha Ha, brilliant....

The Ulster council couldn't run the proverbial piss up in brewery when it comes to hurling.

There will be a real carnival atmosphere at it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

btdtgtt

I still haven't managed to put words together to describe this fixture making!
That's it!
I won't try - the fixture date & venue says everything about it better than I can!

CastleCamog

Quote from: NAG1 on September 04, 2013, 03:38:36 PM
Where are the Camogie semi finals being played surely they wouldnt fix both them and the hurling for the same day / time / venue?

Senior camogie semi finals are fixed as follows:

Ballycastle v Rossa (2pm)

Dunloy v Portglenone (3.30pm)

Both matches are being played in Loughgiel on Saturday 21st September 2013

This will be nightmare for supporters and camogs if hurling & camogie clashes!

Glensman

Quote from: CastleCamog on September 04, 2013, 06:58:33 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 04, 2013, 03:38:36 PM

Senior camogie semi finals are fixed as follows:

Ballycastle v Rossa (2pm)

Dunloy v Portglenone (3.30pm)

Both matches are being played in Loughgiel on Saturday 21st September 2013

This will be nightmare for supporters and camogs if hurling & camogie clashes!

Could Loughgiel host a third game that day with the Dunloy v Cushendall after?

Make them earlier 1pm, 2.30pm, 4pm...then to Dunloy for Loughgiel Ballycastle at 6pm (would it be too dark? If so bring forward 30/45 mins?

A festival of Antrim hurling 4/5 miles apart!

Na Glinntí Glasa

I was thinking the same myself. I actually was thinking they would play the two camogie games at lgiel then ours after it.

God only knows!
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

Two different bodies DR aren't gonna share a gate. That would only work if the camogie was played in Fr Barret and the hurling in Fr Healy. Would be a wise solution.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Glensman

Quote from: theskull1 on September 04, 2013, 11:03:26 PM
Two different bodies DR aren't gonna share a gate. That would only work if the camogie was played in Fr Barret and the hurling in Fr Healy. Would be a wise solution.

Makes sense!

CastleCamog

Quote from: Glensman on September 04, 2013, 11:19:22 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on September 04, 2013, 11:03:26 PM

Makes sense!

So it makes sense for McQuillans to play Loughgiel hurlers in their own backyard in the semi final of senior championship...........I don't think so!!

Understand what ur saying with regards to the finances but just ain't going to happen. Camogie matches could be pulled forward in the day

manballandall

Camogie is for women and hurling for boys, lets keep it that way. The sooner women are barred from attending matches the better .

CastleCamog

Quote from: manballandall on September 05, 2013, 08:04:45 AM
Camogie is for women and hurling for boys, lets keep it that way. The sooner women are barred from attending matches the better .

Not even biting  :-X