AIQF Tyrone v ?

Started by ONeill, July 22, 2009, 05:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longball

So fear but UR giant BALLS on the line who are you dropping for McGinley!
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Final Whistle

not simple, but Dooher. the man is class yes, but is his trademark strong running is wearing thin?

play a triumphat in the middle, no defence could cope with the anchorage hughes provides to the strong running mcginley and cavanagh.

or drop penrose/mugsy and keep dooher. id keep SON in no matter what. he frees the room up for the rest, plus his handling is out of this world. qwer hands on thon boy!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: longball on July 24, 2009, 03:06:34 PM
So fear but UR giant BALLS on the line who are you dropping for McGinley!

Waiting until we know the opponents lb, but it won't be S O'N (he never stole my ice-cream)  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

longball

cheeky he didnt steal my ice cream either.....

cant see how anyone could consider dropping Mugsy he has done very well this year and is workig his balls off for the team, something he may not have done in the past. He has earned his spot

Im still sticking by my notion. Think its between Penrose and O'Neill for Corner forward.

Cant see Dooher being left off. Cant see him finishing as many games this year but he will be on from the start.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

ONeill

I think it's Jarlath Burns in today's GL who argues for McGinley back at 15 in his 03 role, keeping Sean and Hub as 8&9..
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tyrone Dreamer

Can't believe how quick some posters are to question Dooher and O'Neill starting. Dooher has started one county game all year and that was an ulster final. Off course its going to take him a game or 2 to get up to his usually excellent standards. I actually thought he did rightly on Sunday and covered a good bit of ground. Would be slightly concerned about O'Neill's form but again he has had very little football. He has still been involved in a lot of scores and I have no doubt he will come good if injury free - expect a big performance in the next game if fit.

As said previoulsy I would probably leave Penrose of the starting team. He's one of the best players around at getting out in front for a ball and would make must county teams but just has a habbit of wasting possession - can often be to greedy. I'd go with this from midfield up:
Hughes
Cavanagh
Dooher
McGuigan (Brian if close to top form, Tommy if not)
Joe McMahon
McGinley
O'Neill
Mulligan

McGinley would come out deep a bit like 03 as suggested above. Cavanagh could also switch at times and if needed could operate at full forward. Penrose and Tommy/Brian McGuigan would be excellent options as would Mellon,McCullagh etc.

Tyrone Dreamer

Anyone know how many of Tyrones scores have come from free's in this years championship? Wouls imagine its low like last year.

omagh_gael

Done a bit of research on BBC archives and so far this year Tyrone have scored 9 frees and 1 '45':

v Armagh 2-10: 4 frees 1 '45'
v Derry 0-15: 4 frees
v Antrim 1-18: 1 free
Scorers so far:

Ricey - 0-01
Davy - 0-02
Jordan - 0-01
Block - 1-00
Sean o neill - 0-01
Hub - 0-04
Sean - 1-07
Dooher - 0-02
Joey - 0-03
Penrose - 0-03
Tommy - 0-09
Mugsy - 0-04
Brian - 0-02
SoN - 1-04

Tyrone Dreamer

So thats 10 scores from placed balls out of 46 scores. I'd say thats a very low ratio.

Archie Mitchell

So Kerry, Kildare, Donegal and Limerick/Meath in the hat to draw Tyrone tonight. Who do use want to draw or avoid? At this stage of the season I don't care who we get. If we are to win the All-Ireland then will have to beat who is put in front of us. Won't be suprised if we get Kerry. Just need to be wary of an ambush similar to when Kerry ambushed Armagh in 2006.

orangeman

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 26, 2009, 03:43:29 PM
So Kerry, Kildare, Donegal and Limerick/Meath in the hat to draw Tyrone tonight. Who do use want to draw or avoid? At this stage of the season I don't care who we get. If we are to win the All-Ireland then will have to beat who is put in front of us. Won't be suprised if we get Kerry. Just need to be wary of an ambush similar to when Kerry ambushed Armagh in 2006.

I'd prefer to avoid Kerry to be honest.

magickingdom

please please please please tyrone v kerry. its an ideal time for kerry to meet tyrone, nothing expected of kerry...

ps.... how will ye tyrone boys sleep tonight if ye get kerry? and as for cork it would be a night of nightmares ;)

orangeman

Quote from: magickingdom on July 26, 2009, 04:05:51 PM
please please please please tyrone v kerry. its an ideal time for kerry to meet tyrone, nothing expected of kerry...

ps.... how will ye tyrone boys sleep tonight if ye get kerry? and as for cork it would be a night of nightmares ;)

Cork v Kerry would be another great tussle. Wouldn't mind seeing that draw.

Fuzzman

I've a feeling we'll get Kildare.

Don't think we've ever met them b4 in the championship.

The wife's family all want Donegal to get Tyrone.

Archie Mitchell

Tough test in meeting Kildare. Geezer will have Kildare fired up for facing Tyrone. Most likely will be next weekend.