AIQF Tyrone v ?

Started by ONeill, July 22, 2009, 05:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

you're feeling was correct fuzzman, Kildare it is. Wouldn't be easy but it's certainly a novelty tie

Jinxy

Whichever team has to change their jersies will lose.
Always happens.  8)
If you were any use you'd be playing.

sam03/05

tyrone will wear red and will win by 10

Donnellys Hollow

Sure we won't be able to keep the ball kicked out to yee northern boyos.  ;)

I can't recall us ever being beaten wearing the green rag below so bring it on! (One of them matches was a win over Waterford though)

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

omagh_gael

so with the game being against Kildare will this affect our line up? Who will lose their place or will enda have to start his one on the bench? Will sean start on Early and run him from the start? How do the Kildare lads see the midfield battle?

Karl Kennedy

rite with the quarter finals sorted?
what way do the semis work as potential pairings and what could be a potential All Ireland Final 2009?

Archie Mitchell

Semi-Final 1 - Cork/Donegal v Tyrone/Kildare
Semi-Final 2 - Dublin/Kerry v Mayo/Meath/Limerick

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 26, 2009, 07:46:05 PM
so with the game being against Kildare will this affect our line up? Who will lose their place or will enda have to start his one on the bench? Will sean start on Early and run him from the start? How do the Kildare lads see the midfield battle?

Hard one to call really. Dermot is absolutely flying at the moment. His fielding has always been second to none but he's really added to his all round game despite all his injuries and health problems down the years. That said, he's been breaking the ball a lot more this year compared to previous years. I don't think McGinley (Presuming Cavanagh starts full-forward) or Kevin Hughes are better high fielders of the ball but they have nullified the likes of Darragh Ó Sé over the years by simply surrounding him when he comes down with the ball. The breaks are going to be crucial then and that's where I think Mikey Conway will be missed. He's been hoovering up the breaking ball all year and driving forward but he looked in a bad way when he went down last night and I can't see him making it. The likes of Flynn, Flan, Roli, Paudie O'Neill and Morgan Flaherty are all going to have to work till the arses are hanging out of them to stop Dooher, Harte and Jordan winning all the breaks. We'll have to be a lot cuter with our kickouts as well and I imagine Geezer will be working with Tom Corley this week to get this right.

We're in the perfect position going into this match. Nobody will give us a prayer but we're battle hardened and we already have a big game at Croke Park under our belts this year. If Tyrone are to be bate this year, next weekend might be when they're at their most vulnerable. They haven't been put to the pin of their collar this year and if we can get a bit of a run on them, who knows?

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 26, 2009, 08:56:22 PM

Hard one to call really. Dermot is absolutely flying at the moment. His fielding has always been second to none but he's really added to his all round game despite all his injuries and health problems down the years. That said, he's been breaking the ball a lot more this year compared to previous years. I don't think McGinley (Presuming Cavanagh starts full-forward) or Kevin Hughes are better high fielders of the ball but they have nullified the likes of Darragh Ó Sé over the years by simply surrounding him when he comes down with the ball. The breaks are going to be crucial then and that's where I think Mikey Conway will be missed. He's been hoovering up the breaking ball all year and driving forward but he looked in a bad way when he went down last night and I can't see him making it. The likes of Flynn, Flan, Roli, Paudie O'Neill and Morgan Flaherty are all going to have to work till the arses are hanging out of them to stop Dooher, Harte and Jordan winning all the breaks. We'll have to be a lot cuter with our kickouts as well and I imagine Geezer will be working with Tom Corley this week to get this right.

We're in the perfect position going into this match. Nobody will give us a prayer but we're battle hardened and we already have a big game at Croke Park under our belts this year. If Tyrone are to be bate this year, next weekend might be when they're at their most vulnerable. They haven't been put to the pin of their collar this year and if we can get a bit of a run on them, who knows?
I think that's overstating it a bit. I wouldnt say Kildare have no chance, far from it. Would be wary enuff of this game   

Archie Mitchell

John Devine ruled out for 2 months with a dislocated shoulder which happened in training on Sunday.

QuoteTyrone meet Kildare in last eight

Tyrone will face Kieran McGeeney's Kildare in the quarter-finals of the All-Ireland Football Championship.

The other last-eight ties will see Donegal tackling Cork, Mayo up against either Limerick or Meath and Dublin meeting Kerry in the tie of the round.

Tyrone will be without keeper John Devine against Kildare and probably the rest of the season after he suffered a dislocated shoulder on Sunday.

The last-eight ties will be played at Croke Park over the next two weekends.

Tyrone manager Mickey Harte told BBC Sport that Devine is likely to be out of action for another two months after he suffered the injury in training which means that he is likely to miss the remainder of the championship.

"He was stretching for a ball in stopping a shot when the injury occurred," Harte told BBC Sport.

"It's very disappointing and we hope that he recovers as quickly as possible."

It's desperately bad luck for Devine who missed last year's All-Ireland final after his father died on the eve of the game.

Pascal McConnell and Johnny Curran will now be in contention to take the goalkeeping jersey for the rest of the Championship.

The speculation is that Dublin will face Kerry at headquarters next Saturday with the Cork v Donegal and Tyrone v Kildare clashes taking place a day later.

There is also the possibility that a Sunday double-bill involving the Ulster counties could start the quarter-finals with the Dubs facing Kerry on the Bank Holiday Monday in the Republic.

Limerick will take on Meath in the remaining fourth-round qualifier next weekend with the winners facing Mayo at Croke Park a week later.

Tyrone are All-Ireland favourites but Kildare look capable of presenting Mickey Harte's side with a tough test.

Harte was philosophical after learning of his quarter-final opponents.

"It's at the stage of the Championship where they are no easy draws and where there usually is some kind of connection between the teams," added Harte.

"The link between Kieran McGeeney and ourselves is something that will be focused on but we know that it's going to be a tough test.

"They looked very impressive in the Leinster Final and did well to carve out a result against Wicklow on Saturday night."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/8169733.stm

clarshack

you would imagine that tyrone v kildare and Cork v Donegal will be a double header on sunday.

kildare impressed me against dublin so it will be a very tough encounter.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: longrunsthefox on July 26, 2009, 09:00:51 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 26, 2009, 08:56:22 PM

I think that's overstating it a bit. I wouldnt say Kildare have no chance, far from it. Would be wary enuff of this game  

I don't think it is overstating it to be honest. Tyrone are 13/8 favourites for the All-Ireland, we are 28/1 outsiders with five teams ahead of us in the betting. Doubt many pundits in the meeejia will be giving us much of a prayer. Probably right as well but sure no lose situation, give it a lash and all that!!

Cill Dara Abú

Archie Mitchell

Hopefully. They will get a bigger attendance by having Cork v Donegal and Tyrone v Kildare on the Sunday rather than the Saturday. Doesn't matter when the Dublin v Kerry game is on as will be a sell-out regardless.

orangeman

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 26, 2009, 09:21:44 PM
Hopefully. They will get a bigger attendance by having Cork v Donegal and Tyrone v Kildare on the Sunday rather than the Saturday. Doesn't matter when the Dublin v Kerry game is on as will be a sell-out regardless.

Have heard that Dublin v Kerry is Saturday and double header on Sunday.

Might they play Dublin and Kerry on the Monday ( bank holiday ).

Donnellys Hollow

I'd say Saturday for a Kildare-Tyrone/Cork-Donegal double header is more likely with Kerry-Dublin on Sunday or Monday. Kerry will be given an extra day or twos break after playing today and rightly so.