AIQF Tyrone v ?

Started by ONeill, July 22, 2009, 05:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Some big decisions for Mickey. With McGinley back and Dooher nearing full fitness, will Sean return to FF even though he has just played his best football at MF? Does that mean Penrose loses out or will we need his pace in CP? Will PJ Quinn be under threat?

Who would you like to avoid/draw from Kerry, Galway, Donegal, Kildare, Meath, Wicklow, Roscommon or Limerick?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

NaomhBridAbú

wouldnt say I'm not bothered, but would be interesting to get Kerry at this point - i think the big threat will come from the west...Mayo or Galway...not too sure about Dublin, flattering to decieve yet again...

McGinley should be straight back into midfield with Cavanagh moving back to/or between the full forward line - after that the team is sorted? C Cavanagh has been given an awful lot of time and plenty of opportunity to show his class...maybe wait until next year, just incase he costs us...
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

longball

The team:

1. Packie

2. Gourley               3. Justin                  6. Gormley

5. Harte                  7. Jordan                4. Ricy

8. McGinley             9. Hub

10. Dooher             14. Cavanagh           12. Joey

13. Penrose            11. Tommy              15. Mugsy

O'Neill and PJ to miss out.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

orangeman

Team will inevitably depend on the opposition.

omagh_gael

I think we're destined to meet Kerry next, would be some game and prob be better to face them now without star. Would Kerry like to face us now though? Could be the game to fire them up big time (provided they get the length!) mickey has a lot of big calls to make, although I'm sure he'll not complain. I think sean has to play out round the middle but would that leave us too light near the posts if mc ginley was to come back in at the expense of penrose for example?

longball

Quote from: orangeman on July 22, 2009, 05:22:13 PM

Why?
No matter who Tyrone are playing they will put out their strongest team. Plus as mentioned many times before any Tyrone player can play anywhere on any given day.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

ONeill

That's not Mickey's style at all. He played the exact same team v Armagh and Derry and only changed for Antrim because of McGinley's injury.

I think it'll be same 1-7

Then Hub and Enda

Dooher - Tommy - Joe
O'Neill - Sean - Mugsy

orangeman

Quote from: ONeill on July 22, 2009, 05:27:28 PM

That's not Mickey's style at all. He played the exact same team v Armagh and Derry and only changed for Antrim because of McGinley's injury.

I think it'll be same 1-7

Then Hub and Enda

Dooher - Tommy - Joe
O'Neill - Sean - Mugsy

So you think even if it was kerry that he'd play the exact same players ?.

ONeill

Definitely. Last year the Donaghy/Walsh threat was exceptional. With Donaghy out I cannot see anything changing. Positional changes perhaps during the game but sure that's Harte's forte.

EC Unique

Is this game on Sunday week?

omagh_gael

Quote from: EC Unique on July 22, 2009, 05:43:42 PM
Is this game on Sunday week?

Depends on the draw which is this Sunday at 6.15pm

chatchampionship

Quote from: longball on July 22, 2009, 05:18:17 PM
The team:

1. Packie

2. Gourley               3. Justin                  6. Gormley

5. Harte                  7. Jordan                4. Ricy

8. McGinley             9. Hub

10. Dooher             14. Cavanagh           12. Joey

13. Penrose            11. Tommy              15. Mugsy

O'Neill and PJ to miss out.

very harsh on PJ who was outstanding against Derry and Armagh
I dont think Stephen O' Neill can be dropped he is the best forward in Ireland and his last display at Croke Park v Dublin
was awesome.

Rois

I hope it's Sunday week, otherwise I'll miss it. 

I'd like Meath, they stopped us in 07 when we were Ulster champs, it would be fairly satisfying to get past them. 
Otherwise, a team that hasn't played us in the championship - Wicklow/Limerick. 

longrunsthefox

Would like to get Meath as well as Tyrone really need to beat them. Kildare would be a novelty and could be a good game  Am tired of the Kerry saga... nothing to prove there anymore.   

drici

Aye might be good say if Kildare whack Wicklow 6-18 to 0-04 and then get drawn with Tyrone and TV3 get the match and Peter Canavan would get to do it then and the presenter could say "Peter, you would have an insight into the thinking of Micky Harte having played for Tyrone..." and then ask him some question based on that premise and then the presenter could say, "Peter, you've played against Kieran McGeeney..." and then ask him some question based on that premise and Peter could say "How come we have to stand up on TV3 so much, you don't see that on RTÉ at all, youse are just copying this lark off them dopey sateillite channels where they stand up to read the news and all and people are starting to think I'm like Willie Carson who has to stand on a box so he is nearer to the height of the co-presenter when he's on Goals Will Come/Bloody Mary/Independent Video man for the Ulster Council's oul channel" and there would be decent betting in the Bookies because Kildare had beat Wicklow 6-18 to 0-04.