Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: TyronePhilly on May 22, 2007, 06:15:24 PM
Ziggysego, ONeill and Fear ón Srath Bán....thanks for the comments on the old team photos and the new jerseys.

Who would you like Tyrone to face next? I think I would hold off on my opinion until I see this Armagh team with all of the Crossmaglen men.
I wouldn't be using their National League performances as any sort of gauge.

AN CUMANN LÚTHCHLEAS GAEL
TÍR EOGHAIN PHILADELPHIA

http://tyrone.philadelphia.gaa.ie

http://tyronephiladelphia.bebo.com

Tá Fáilte romhat TyronePhilly  ;)

Hard to say who be preferable next, we have to up for either possibility equally, and both should bring the best out of Tyrone (we'd hope).  You're right to ignore Armagh's NFL form, though, and it will have little or no bearing for either team on Sunday.  We've scores to settle with either team  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

loughshore lad

Quote from: orangeman on May 22, 2007, 04:52:22 PM
I dont really know enough about them - they have a few injuries I hear like Marty and Cathal Mc Keown, John Cummins (none of these boys played last week against Kileeshil ) - I think christy cassidy could do a job in midfield - not sure about horse in a dooher role - ronan mc gurk is a good player who is not on your team who could play half back and has been playing half back - big john could play a target man in full forward - tommy could play middle of field - ?? Big C has a good engine - you think that paul coney could play full back ? 

Ronan McGurk is very good at driving forward, not so good defending, his kick passing is poor and the better teams exploit his size on kickouts so I would try someone else there.
Tommy could easily play midfield and in an ideal world he and Mickey would probably be your midfield pairing but the lack of inside forwards means he is needed up front.
Think Paul Coney could definitely play full back. He has played his best football over the past 2-4 seasons when he was in the full back line. He is very composed in there.

Fuzzman

What height and age is Tommy MCGuigan?

Saw on Aertel last night that they say
Despite reports to the contrary Brian McGuigan will not take any part in this years Ulster championship.

Does Brian have a nickname by the way?

loughshore lad

Tommy would be about 23/24 years old and would probably be over 6ft.
Will be very surprised if Brian plays any football this year, his nickname is snout.

ugliragman

lots of underage success largley due to superior numbers, failure to translate it into senior success !! Thats the pc version

Take the biggest towns in the county. Omagh, Dungannon,Cookstown, Strabane.    i think  the lack of silverware speaks for itself !!

I agree that the big town teams in the county are lacking in silverware, however with the exception of Carrickmore, Errigal and Dromore, how many 'country' teams have an over abundance of silverware at Division 1 senior level in Tyrone over the past 10 years?????

tyroneboi

Is that not because Errigal, Carrickmore and to a lesser extent Dromore have dominated both league and championship. Your kinda answering your own question there in my opinion.

ugliragman

Sorry Tyroneboi, but the 1st half of my last post was taken from Mr. Bensars!!! I was only replying to his post. Sorry for the confusion!!!!!

Muzz

QuoteHow then do we explain Cookstown who appear to have held on to a lot of these Tyrone representatives but still are not setting the world alight.

The current Cookstown team has very few of the lads that won U-14 and U-16 tyrone league and Championships 8/9 years ago.  If you are looking for them you will find them down at the Conway inn or the Gaslight on a friday nite.

Also can I just say...Fionntamhnach you are totally correct in your analysis of the Cookstown team not carrying forward to Senior.  Most of the guys that represented Tyrone at the Feile in donegal 8 years ago play soccer for Tobermore/Cookstown Athletic etc.

sam03/05

To be fair that is simply not true of the current Cookstown team. The senior team is made up mostly of players like Ray Mulgrew, Murray, Gilmore, Cummings,  O Hare, Eastwood these are players who won under14, 16, minor championships within the last seven years. They also have had a few Feile survivors from their all ireland winning team Conor Mullan, Barry Mulligan and a few others. My point is that in the main their youth teams have stayed together and have made it through to senior ranks. Many of them have represented Tyrone. Indeed I would say that their senior team has more players who have player for the county than most other clubs with the exception of maybe Errigal.
There must be something fundamentaly wrong with this club at senior level to be performing so poorly.

tyroneboi

Coalisland also have a county man of some description past or present in every position. Without knowing for sure but i would think 13/14 of their starting line up this saturday evening will have played minor, U-21 or senior at some stage.

sam03/05

that is probably a fair analysis. They did do very well in 1b under mcguigan
and did nothing under Coyle

Mr. Nakata

Town syndrome me hole. Coalisland is a town and they produced a display of fantasy football in augher to dispatch a woeful Omagh team 2 or 3 weeks ago. Maybe I'm overstepping the mark because Omagh were embarrassingly bad that night, but what I saw from the fianna was quality from start to finish. Of course there wasn't one hard hit the whole game and a more aggressive team will be a much bigger test, but I expect Coalisland to be there or thereabouts.

amigo

Thats because the rest of the teams in Fermanagh are pretty poor.

snappiered

On the matter of Coalisland will they have any bother with Loughmacrory this weekend? Can anyone tell me anything about Urney they seem to be doing well in Division 2 at the minute?

oneillcup2007

Do not be silly snappiered my son.  Do not expect any shocks this weekend.  Fianna to kickass Loughmacrory, Dromore to humiliate Galbally, Ardboe to maul Cookstown, Clonoe to torpedo Donaghmore; moy to whup Kildress, Errigal to annhilate Killeeshill.
regards
/oneillcup2007