Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oneillcup2007

you are right.  Its a pity to lose Galbally at such an early stage.  Will their league form fall apart if they go out tonight is the big question?
Prediction: the 2 teams that lose tonight will be relegated by the end of the season to division 2 football. 

Gabriel_Hurl

Cookstown 2-8
Ardboe 1-10

Mulligan scored a goal with a few minutes left

Louper

just home from the ardboe / cookstown match entertaining was that the final by any chance? going by cookstowns "celebrations" after it u wud hav thought so! they wont go too much further got both goals by two hit and hope high-in ball. credit where credits due but cant see them bein serious contenders. of course mugsy will steal the headlines with his winnin goal even tho he was shite the whole match, quite annoyin.

Francie

Quote from: neutral on May 25, 2007, 03:10:24 PM
Dromore V Galbally - Draw real cracker on the cards here.  Can the hillmen really pull this off!
Ardboe V Cookstown - kicking in match for the bo.  Cookstown are a sham, a real pity too.
Clonoe V Donaghmore - draw second decent match of the weekend.  Clonoe are in a false position in Dvision 1b football should be in division 1. Donaghmore - a league team with it all to prove.   
Loughmacrory V Coalisland - Coalisland by a cricket score.
Moy V Kildress - battle of division, 2 quality teams.  Moy by 1.
Errigal V Killeeshill: Errigal to recapture last years form and home in on the big prize.  Plucky 50 minutes to be expected from Killeeshill, Packie to thump hub before game is over. All preplanned as usual.

Cookstown are a sham.  My £100 at 5/2 was some sham.  What a silly silly set of predictions.

Louper

Quote from: Francie on May 26, 2007, 12:28:22 AM
Cookstown are a sham.  My £100 at 5/2 was some sham.  What a silly silly set of predictions.

i wudnt bother puttin any more money on them, goin nowhere.

sam03/05

Cookstown at last lived up to their potential. Any teams with players like Mulgrew, Mulligan,Barry Mulligan, Murray, Gilmore, McGurk in their ranks will do OK. I believe they will take great confidence from their victory and could really make a big impact on the championship.
As a neutral it was great to see a team win and really celebrate afterwards thats what its all about!!!

oneillcup2007

Went up to watch Dromore and Galbally and despite being hard to watch I believe Dromore have everything it takes to trouble the Fianna and errigal in the latter stages of the championship.  How Galbally made it to the top of the league you would wonder about the quality of league football this year they looked disinterested, lightweight and devoid of ideas.  What was wrong Quarterback? Missed obviously the game of the weekend.  Humble pie from all thse who wrote Cookstown off including myself - they must have improved something shocking from when the county u21 manager was roaded.  Thats team spirit for you.  I actually heard louper that Mulligan was impressive, so maybe you are a little blinkered there.  They are in the last 8 so they are now a contender, no matter what anyone thinks.   Fair play to them for celebrating with great joy they deserve to, fair play to them for bringing pride back into their club, Can Dungannon Clarkes do the same next week?  I was told last night  that the big money is on an east Tyrone double tonight.  Will Colum Cavanagh play for the Moy V Kildress on Sunday - a huge loss for them if he dosent. 

ONeill

Was it an injury free night for our county players?

Good to hear Fr Rocks making progress. Could be the year of the townies in a Coalisland v Cookstown final!!!!!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

oneillcup2007

I think that would be a cracker, I was so disappointed because I was supporting Galbally on the night.  Men against boys.  How good Drmore are is difficult to say, their forward line kicked more wides than Galbally had touches.  I expect a power show from the Fianna tonight and have a feeling Clonoe are the best placed of the rest for  the title dark horse.     A division 1b team beating Carmen on half gas - scary. 

Louper

Quote from: oneillcup2007 on May 26, 2007, 10:42:37 AM
  I actually heard louper that Mulligan was impressive, so maybe you are a little blinkered there. 

im not bein biased in any way i honestly thought he was poor. put it like this i wudnt have picked him out as a county man from the game. much like mcguigan i suppose who was quiet, and mulgrew as well! a few of the other lads on both teams stepped up to the plate and im sure the cookstown management was happy with bringin gilmore on, 1-1 from play and set mulligans goal up!

oneillcup2007

Finally may I just congratulate Clogher Club on the state of their facilites last night, got a much better chance to show them last night after the row last year.  Beautiful setting.  Mc Menamin done very little last night I though Mc Cullagh a little more both came through unscaved.  The dromore no 3 is a better no 3 than our county man a number of people commented after.  They had a good no 2, Collins was immense and their midfield and h/b line were superb, forwards like Donegal in the late 80s.. couldnt shoot fish in a barrel.. their achilles heel methinks.

"somebody open that door and let the smoke in"

Louper

Quote from: hardstation on May 26, 2007, 12:15:28 PM
They did celebrate after it but having been written off all week, why shouldn't they? I also heard people say that Cargin thought it was their final after beating St. Galls in the 1st round of the Antrim championship last year. They went on to win the championship.

i can see where ure coming from but to me they werent the better team. both of their goals tho well taken were very lucky. hot and hope balls. these dont happen in every match. personally i cant see them bein much of a threat, unless mulligan and raymond mulgrew get their fingers out. marty murray probably stood out more than them both.

EC Unique

Quote from: neutral on May 25, 2007, 03:33:18 PM
sure hes still suspended thats right from championship footbal Balinderry Game.  Sorry about that. 

No he is not suspended. That applied to the first Championship match!!  :-\  your not too good at this neutral are you?? :D ;D ;)

oneillcup2007

Commentry on the games from Coalisland on q106

tyroneboi

anyone listening to the games? could someone send the link please.