Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Personally I was really looking forward to the club championship far more than Tyrone's championship this year. It is like the whole world is put on hold for 30 players and then no doubt at the end of it we will get  a lecture about county players filling Croke Park and should be getting paid. Fuxache-give us our club championship. The whole world does not begin and end with the Sunday Game.
Certainly the county players are not to blame for any of this as they are for the most part totally committed to their clubs. It's the hierarchy in the GAA who only care about the big carnival days in Clones, Croke Park and Thurles.   

viiv

From what I hear is that the CCC will meet tonight to re-consider when the championship games will be played or if the orginal fixtures will stand, after recieving a request from the County Committee.

It appears MH already meet with the CCC and didnt get his way, went to the County Committee and has got them to put pressure on the CCC.

So tonight we should know.

the goal was on

the last club game involving county men was 3 weeks ago. Fast forward 3 weeks and thats 1 game in 6 weeks for those who played against antrim and none for the other sitting squad. Has mickey not learnt lesson of last year when cork ran all over us. they by the way played championship 2 weeks before playing tyrone and another round a week after 3 weeks before an all ireland. Absolute disgrace. I thought croker were going to stamp this s**te out. On another point could we not have just appointed a nodding dog as chairman. The sponsor fiasco and now this. Keep up the good work!

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: EC Unique on May 26, 2010, 04:34:33 PM
Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on May 26, 2010, 02:29:24 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 26, 2010, 12:37:38 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on May 26, 2010, 12:29:27 PM
It creates a two-tier system within the GAA in Tyrone, something which I'm not happy about. I'm as big a Tyrone supporter you'll get, but in no way club football should be compromised or devalued. Club level is the real GAA and some high up within the GAA forget that. Not just a Tyrone problem, but a nationwide notion.

I take it your game is going ahead on Friday Ziggy?

I fancy Greencastle to get their first win of the season.
Quote from: ziggysego on May 26, 2010, 01:47:13 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 26, 2010, 12:37:38 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on May 26, 2010, 12:29:27 PM
It creates a two-tier system within the GAA in Tyrone, something which I'm not happy about. I'm as big a Tyrone supporter you'll get, but in no way club football should be compromised or devalued. Club level is the real GAA and some high up within the GAA forget that. Not just a Tyrone problem, but a nationwide notion.

I take it your game is going ahead on Friday Ziggy?

I fancy Greencastle to get their first win of the season.

I'm hearing conflicting stories as to whether the game is going ahead or not on Friday. Nothing confirmed, just heresay.

I fancy a first win for us too, if the game does go ahead. As they say, you never know what happens in football.

That unfair to Galbally who have been a seasoned senior Club.
its cheap talk coming on here and saying they expect to win. greencastle shouldnt be expected ta win nothing In Div1,You's have been the nearly men the past few games and past few seasons u's still hvent won a game in senior football so until u's do u's will start as underdogs.
not long out of junior and i was there in edendork when moortown put paid to another hyped up team from the castle that was turned over, not to mention in augher when trillick put you's away after 20 minutes.
Cookstown last year in the rain at pomeroy showed me nothing that id need to fear either.either did the game in dungannon when u's needed the help of a referee against moortown to get yourselves an underserved replay?????
respect is all i ask.....
What is unfair?

Where have you been disrespected?

I said I fancy Greencastle to win, am I not entitled to my opinion?

With statements like yours I am starting to hope Greencastle win..

surprized you had time to even quote anything you were that far up davy harte and the beard's ass to say anything!!!

im not childish enough to say id love cookstown to beat you's. thats just been pathetic.
Errigal will get their fill of it come championship time they've choked before and they'l choke again. IMO their an average team and are only getting the favourites tag cause of other teams injury problems.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

longrunsthefox

If the senior club games are put back to after Tyrone's semi-final on the 19th, we may pray they win or the senoir club will never be played. Back door game for beaten semi-finalists is July 10th. They tell us county players can't book holidays in the summer  ::), neither it seems can club players. 
I expect tonight ALL senior champioship games will be postponed. A shameful episode were the CCC were walked over.   

up tyrone

I`ve a few points,

1,I believe the county board are as much to blame as harte,they wanted to maximise money they were going to make over two weekends instead of one,which is the way it should have been done.
2.Harte is every right to think of his own team preparations he would have had two weeks of squad training instead of three had  they be run of in one weekend.
3.My club was beat in the first week of may last year your season is fuc..d early in the year then boys piss of for theirs nothing to play for,i`d agree with the way it is in armagh no chship to at the earliest end of july keeps the season going for everybody.
4,All chship matches should be called of.

Tyrone Dreamer

Although I agree the club championship games should go ahead there has been some over the top reaction here from the usual anti Harte anti Tyrone suspects. Harte has been reasonable enough over the years in terms of club football.

There arent many of the big counties were club players are available for 2/3 of the league games (compare it to Armagh) and very few were club c'ship games have been run off just over a few weeks before c'ship games as has happened in past. Harte has also released players to train with their clubs in the run up to champsionship games which again I suspect wouldn't happen in many other counties.

As has been pointed out it won't be the end of the world if games are postponed a few weeks as some are portraying. It will help extend the interest for many clubs if nothing else. The games will still be played and everyone will still have an equal chance of winning.

Harte for some reason obviously wants the next few weeks to step up county preperations. He's the county boss and takes responsibility for results. He obviously feels this is whats best for the team. When you consider the reaction to defeats in recent years and the abuse Harte has taken over them then its a bit ironic that's he's been slated for looking after the teams interests. Considering what he has did for football in the county and the interest he has generated its amazing how some are so quick to stick the boot into him. People are throwing out personal insults before they even know the games are off.

It probably would be best if all or none games are called off and may have been better if all had been fixed for next weekend. I understand the annoyance at club games being called off but it doesn't justify some of the personal criticism thrown at Harte and the over the top reaction. A bit of balance is needed.

LeoMc

Quote from: up tyrone on May 26, 2010, 09:27:26 PM
I`ve a few points,

1,I believe the county board are as much to blame as harte,they wanted to maximise money they were going to make over two weekends instead of one,which is the way it should have been done.
2.Harte is every right to think of his own team preparations he would have had two weeks of squad training instead of three had  they be run of in one weekend.
3.My club was beat in the first week of may last year your season is f**..d early in the year then boys piss of for theirs nothing to play for,i`d agree with the way it is in armagh no chship to at the earliest end of july keeps the season going for everybody.
4,All chship matches should be called of.

Close but I would change Number 4.
4. No club games should be called off

Mickey is entitled to ask for dancing bears and and juggling clowns if he thinks it will help his team. It doesn't mean the County committee should give it to him.
Maybe they are thinking of their junkets to Croke Park and being centre of attention while everyone scrambles for tickets rather than their own clubs ::)

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on May 26, 2010, 09:42:34 PM
Although I agree the club championship games should go ahead there has been some over the top reaction here from the usual anti Harte anti Tyrone suspects. Harte has been reasonable enough over the years in terms of club football.

There arent many of the big counties were club players are available for 2/3 of the league games (compare it to Armagh) and very few were club c'ship games have been run off just over a few weeks before c'ship games as has happened in past. Harte has also released players to train with their clubs in the run up to champsionship games which again I suspect wouldn't happen in many other counties.

As has been pointed out it won't be the end of the world if games are postponed a few weeks as some are portraying. It will help extend the interest for many clubs if nothing else. The games will still be played and everyone will still have an equal chance of winning.

Harte for some reason obviously wants the next few weeks to step up county preperations. He's the county boss and takes responsibility for results. He obviously feels this is whats best for the team. When you consider the reaction to defeats in recent years and the abuse Harte has taken over them then its a bit ironic that's he's been slated for looking after the teams interests. Considering what he has did for football in the county and the interest he has generated its amazing how some are so quick to stick the boot into him. People are throwing out personal insults before they even know the games are off.

It probably would be best if all or none games are called off and may have been better if all had been fixed for next weekend. I understand the annoyance at club games being called off but it doesn't justify some of the personal criticism thrown at Harte and the over the top reaction. A bit of balance is needed.

He was given the 13 days. Brian Cody lets the players go and play in the club championship and they run it through in Kerry as well. Wonder how those teams do in the All Ireland series... Granted Harte has worked wonders for Tyrone but the GAA is not all about the county team.

ONeill

Let me get this right - the other first round games, not played this weekend, will be played straight after the semi final?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Any craic

EC Unique

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on May 26, 2010, 08:34:22 PM

im not childish

From what short reading of your posts that I have done I would say you are extremely childish!

Aaron Boone

Can the anti-Harte brigade summarize their demands?

ziggysego

Quote from: Aaron Boone on May 26, 2010, 10:37:59 PM
Can the anti-Harte brigade summarize their demands?

I'm not anti-Harte. I'm a big Harte fan. I just think more respect should be given to clubs, as it seems the county is the most important in some people's eyes.
Testing Accessibility

EC Unique

I see on the Tyrone site the official fixtures are only the ones for this weekend :-\

http://www.tyronegaa.ie/2010/05/target-express-club-championships-continue/