Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: Zapatista on May 26, 2010, 02:51:53 PM
Quote from: loughshore lad on May 26, 2010, 02:30:22 PM
Has there been any official confirmation yet as to what is happening with repsect to championship

Don't be asking that. What would we have to give out about if they were all going ahead ??? ;)

we could give out about you, giving out about us, giving out about having nothing to give out about  :P ;D ;D :D ;)
First on the field and last to leave

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: loughshore lad on May 26, 2010, 02:30:22 PM
Has there been any official confirmation yet as to what is happening with repsect to championship games or are clubs still in limbo? 

If there has been no confirmation yet then why not if Harte has been (allegedly) able to tell the county players the games are off?

Is there any need for a county board, why not let Harte make all the fixtures?

Clubs have every right to be cross at this. The only way to voice their concern is to hit the county board where it really hurts and in their coffers.  As far as I know all clubs are expected to contribute to both club Tyrone and Garvaghey, they should pull all support to these organisations - 95% of the club members get no benefit from them anyway.

I couldn't agree with you more i think its time to make a stand and withdrawing money from garvaghy now would be the kick in the goullys the county board need to stand up to Harte (I CAN'T EXPLAIN HOW ANGRY I AM ABOUT THIS ALL AND THE FACT MICKYS ON THE VERGE OF DOIN A JOHN LENNON - HE'LL SOON BE QUOTED 'BIGGER THAN JESUS'

longrunsthefox

I can see all the senior championhsip games being put back. There is a lot of bad feeling over this..  a number of managers are furious.

on the sideline

Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 26, 2010, 03:47:59 PM
I can see all the senior championhsip games being put back. There is a lot of bad feeling over this..  a number of managers are furious.

what about intermediate?

rrhf

Listen play the full first round the choice of the clubs
or delay the full first round -  unacceptable to the clubs but at least its an evenhanded approach.
The half way house solution that Im hearing about will not make anyone happy.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 26, 2010, 03:47:59 PM

Just heard from a very reliable source that there is going to absolute mutiny over this and Micky might have went one step too far this time.
Lets just say there could be a few free seats on the cccc empty and higher - also there could be a headquarters intervention!

Rocky Mc Guigan

Hard to fathom how one man can cause so much disruption to so many people- I suppose history is littered with such people

EC Unique

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on May 26, 2010, 02:29:24 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 26, 2010, 12:37:38 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on May 26, 2010, 12:29:27 PM
It creates a two-tier system within the GAA in Tyrone, something which I'm not happy about. I'm as big a Tyrone supporter you'll get, but in no way club football should be compromised or devalued. Club level is the real GAA and some high up within the GAA forget that. Not just a Tyrone problem, but a nationwide notion.

I take it your game is going ahead on Friday Ziggy?

I fancy Greencastle to get their first win of the season.
Quote from: ziggysego on May 26, 2010, 01:47:13 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 26, 2010, 12:37:38 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on May 26, 2010, 12:29:27 PM
It creates a two-tier system within the GAA in Tyrone, something which I'm not happy about. I'm as big a Tyrone supporter you'll get, but in no way club football should be compromised or devalued. Club level is the real GAA and some high up within the GAA forget that. Not just a Tyrone problem, but a nationwide notion.

I take it your game is going ahead on Friday Ziggy?

I fancy Greencastle to get their first win of the season.

I'm hearing conflicting stories as to whether the game is going ahead or not on Friday. Nothing confirmed, just heresay.

I fancy a first win for us too, if the game does go ahead. As they say, you never know what happens in football.

That unfair to Galbally who have been a seasoned senior Club.
its cheap talk coming on here and saying they expect to win. greencastle shouldnt be expected ta win nothing In Div1,You's have been the nearly men the past few games and past few seasons u's still hvent won a game in senior football so until u's do u's will start as underdogs.
not long out of junior and i was there in edendork when moortown put paid to another hyped up team from the castle that was turned over, not to mention in augher when trillick put you's away after 20 minutes.
Cookstown last year in the rain at pomeroy showed me nothing that id need to fear either.either did the game in dungannon when u's needed the help of a referee against moortown to get yourselves an underserved replay?????
respect is all i ask.....
What is unfair?

Where have you been disrespected?

I said I fancy Greencastle to win, am I not entitled to my opinion?

With statements like yours I am starting to hope Greencastle win..

EC Unique

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on May 26, 2010, 04:34:15 PM
Hard to fathom how one man can cause so much disruption to so many people- I suppose history is littered with such people

Just to bring things into perspective... He brought untold amounts of joy to the same people..

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: EC Unique on May 26, 2010, 04:35:43 PM

Just to bring things into perspective... He brought untold amounts of joy to the same people..
Fair enough- but does it still warrant riding roughshod over so many club footballers. After all- there wouldn't be a county team if it wasn't for club football. Undoubtedly you will stick up for your clubman no matter what. As a matter of interest which side were you on in the Ballygawley civil war

randomtask

I really hope to f**k there is something done about this and croke park get involved, really starting to dislike mickey Harte hes getting to big for his boots. Does he have to question every decision whether it is about the new rules, or the compromise rules or the changing of fixtures already published! The county board is just as bad if they roll over and let mickey tickle their belly.

I am a firm believer that the beard and other county representatives read this board on a regular basis, you have gone to fair this time mickey!

fairshoulder

Bearded Micky and County Board Bellies. I'd pay to watch that.

EC Unique

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on May 26, 2010, 04:58:40 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 26, 2010, 04:35:43 PM

Fair enough- but does it still warrant riding roughshod over so many club footballers. After all- there wouldn't be a county team if it wasn't for club football. Undoubtedly you will stick up for your clubman no matter what. As a matter of interest which side were you on in the Ballygawley civil war

I agree with you Rocky and I think all first round fixtures should go ahead as fixed but people should remember 7 years ago we had no All-Ireland titles!!! He will always do what he thinks is right for the team in which he is involved. Anything else does not matter. That is one of the reasons why he is so good at winning!

As for the 'Civil war'.... Sure I'm way too young to have sides in that ;)

longrunsthefox

No Sam Maguire is worth the destruction of club football.

EC Unique

Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 26, 2010, 05:31:11 PM
No Sam Maguire is worth the destruction of club football.

I agree.. I would put club first every time but I just think people are loosing the run of themselves a bit.

By the way people saying that if they are not played it will be run off in a hurry in September/October!

Do people think Tyrone are that good?