Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sambackamongstthebushes

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 15, 2010, 04:01:49 PM
I am happy for them but will be very suspicious if they get relegated again and win All Ireland in 2011-12  ???

you have obviously never played the game. no team i played on or no one i ever knew that played for other teams ever went out to get relegated regardless of what their chances were next year

longrunsthefox

I didn't say they went out to be relegated but ironically that failure gave them did give them the opportunity for an All Ireland title.
With a tag name like Sambackamongthebushes obviously your GAA knowledge is limited. Did no-one tell you?...   ::)

trileacman

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 15, 2010, 02:00:13 PM
Not one to rain on anyone's parade but I have my reservations about Cookstown's All Ireland win.
Was relegation from senior football such a bad thing after all? This team reached the senior championship a few years ago and now an Intermediate title makes history.  Might be a good move for other strong senior team to get relegated. Did Trillick not win Ulster after getting relegated as well? Much of the reason they went down was loss of Mugsy and Mulgrew for all of 2008. Is good win but let's not go overboard...  shouldn't have been there in the first place.
To be honest fox that's a load of shite. Senior football is the pinicle of Tyrone football, Cookstown set out this year to be promoted, everything after that is just a bonus. From expereince I would say I'd rather play senior football and be where we are than Ulster champions again. Cookstown are AI champions, but at a weaker level. Senior football is were they feel they belong and that's were they aim to be.
I'll put it this way would your team rather be competing in the A competition or the B competition. It's A every time for me and I would say every player in Senior/intermediate football.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

longrunsthefox

Trillick man ...  Tell the truth... would you rather have finished senior mid table or won Ulster Intermediate title 2008-09 season? 

Archie Mitchell

That's a load of bullshit Fox. There is about 4-6 teams who can think about challenging for the Senior Championship. The rest don't go out with the attitude of saying "f**k it, were not good enough to win it. Lets get relegated so we can win the Intermediate next year, Ulster and maybe the All-Ireland." Cookstown were poor the years they have been in Senior and rightly so were in Intermediate. This success will have benefited them in future years to establish themselves as a team in a higher league. Same for Trillick and Greencastle in the past years.

trileacman

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 15, 2010, 05:39:45 PM
Trillick man ...  Tell the truth... would you rather have finished senior mid table or won Ulster Intermediate title 2008-09 season?
Truthfully . . . . . senior mid table.
Nice to have silverware.
Nice to play in Croke Park.
Novel to be playing against Greenlough or St Michael's.
But all in all I'd rather be up there competing with the best than be playing under the "B" banner. Trillick have 6 senior championships, (from our prespective) we should be in the senior division, we want to be in the senior division. I argued with Dromore men that our Ulster title was a greater accolade than being Tyrone champions or being a senior team. It was half-hearted as I knew it was for a lower league and a lesser division.

Where you from fox? Dromore isn't it? I'll put it to you this way, would you rather ply your trade in division two whilst the neighbours were playing division one football?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

longrunsthefox

Quote from: trileacman on February 15, 2010, 09:14:45 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 15, 2010, 05:39:45 PM
Truthfully . . . . . senior mid table.
Nice to have silverware.
Nice to play in Croke Park.
Novel to be playing against Greenlough or St Michael's.
But all in all I'd rather be up there competing with the best than be playing under the "B" banner. Trillick have 6 senior championships, (from our prespective) we should be in the senior division, we want to be in the senior division. I argued with Dromore men that our Ulster title was a greater accolade than being Tyrone champions or being a senior team. It was half-hearted as I knew it was for a lower league and a lesser division.

Where you from fox? Dromore isn't it? I'll put it to you this way, would you rather ply your trade in division two whilst the neighbours were playing division one football?

I'm a Fox, I don't have neighbours. I wander through fields and try to get food for my cubs. Sometimes I see GAA games as I move through the long grass and wonder is it better to be  a big fish in a small pool than a nobody in the ocean... if you get my drift  8)   

ziggysego

You're an idiot fox. I seen the fox family yesterday. The wee cubs are cheeky brat and the grandfather fox a racist bigot.
Testing Accessibility

Whats it all about

All I can say is very little mentioned about cookstown letting Tyrone folk down !! When two players had to be removed from croke park field the week before for streaking across the field real classy!!! ??? Shown round our headquarters and disrespected our county

new devil

Yea thats what i was talking about last week..there was talk off them being kicked out
Cant say i was surprised to hear  about it!

Zapatista

Quote from: Whats it all about on February 16, 2010, 12:14:53 AM
All I can say is very little mentioned about cookstown letting Tyrone folk down !! When two players had to be removed from croke park field the week before for streaking across the field real classy!!! ??? Shown round our headquarters and disrespected our county

:D :D

Class

sambackamongstthebushes

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 15, 2010, 04:24:54 PM
I didn't say they went out to be relegated but ironically that failure gave them did give them the opportunity for an All Ireland title.
With a tag name like Sambackamongthebushes obviously your GAA knowledge is limited. Did no-one tell you?...   ::)

fox if you wanted to deflect argument to my tag you should have checked my profile first and you would have seen the date it was registered. i have been reading this board for quite a while now but never felt moved to post anything until i read the "foxshite" you were spreading yesterday about a fellow tyrone club (and just so you are straight on this i have no association what so ever with cookstown)

orangeman

Turt, tut - such bare faced cheek (s) !!!!   :D ;D

Pharoch Phantom

disrespected our county??  A couple of lads had a bit of craic with a grumpy steward who had a problem our boys walking on the pitch.  No kick about for our club players but no problem with two hour training sessions for our Rugby 'volunteer' friends.  Disrespect?  Points throwing and made up results relegated us in 2008.  We probably deserved to go down anyway.  In the same way deserve to be All Ireland Intermediate Club Champions in 2010.  Don't try to and use this disrespect nonsense to deflect our celebrations.  Our county men continue to serve our county with honour and success! We did our county proud on Sunday!

Whats it all about

Quote from: Pharoch Phantom on February 16, 2010, 10:15:43 AM

disrespected our county??  A couple of lads had a bit of craic with a grumpy steward who had a problem our boys walking on the pitch.  No kick about for our club players but no problem with two hour training sessions for our Rugby 'volunteer' friends.  Disrespect?  Points throwing and made up results relegated us in 2008.  We probably deserved to go down anyway.  In the same way deserve to be All Ireland Intermediate Club Champions in 2010.  Don't try to and use this disrespect nonsense to deflect our celebrations.  Our county men continue to serve our county with honour and success! We did our county proud on Sunday!

No problem I agree your club did our county proud on sun but not last Monday simple.  Do not make light of the damage and total lack of respect shown by these obviously highly intelligent naked commandos, we are a proud county but Tyrone bashing is a very enjoyable sport elsewhere and this does not help.  You cannot shrug this off as a bit of craic !! Or was cricko happy enough I Doubt it