Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Look I totally agree that the ladies should get wider support - the main point for me lies in that the ladies' association is not integrated with the wide association, and efforts should be put into that so that the ladies can share more fully in money from HQ as well as County Boards.  It's not just a Tyrone problem - Down Ladies don't get support from Club Down nor the wider county board, that's the only other example I know of.  But if you have examples where other counties' "Club Tyrone" programmes fund their respective ladies team specifically, then throw them out in the public domain and it could be addressed. 

Your point that Club Tyrone money "in effect" goes to running the team - there are many other sources of funds that the County Board has, and in turn many other outgoings - without Club Tyrone money the men would still be funded (as will be the case when CT money is more or less ring-fenced for Garvaghey), so it's not as simple as saying that the Club Tyrone money supports the county team solely.

goal and a point

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 11, 2010, 11:13:08 AM
Quote from: Rois on February 11, 2010, 11:06:48 AM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 11, 2010, 10:07:05 AM
There was a proposal that Tyrone Ladies team pay for training, meals, transport to games and their kits. This was defeated. Now they are out trying to fundraise for themselves.
Irish News today says Club Tyrone contributed £268,000 to men's county teams last year bringing it donation for the decade  to £2million.
Club Tyrone gives nothing to help the ladies. Do you think they should? Even £20,000 out of that £268,000 would be a great help. I think they should.   

Aaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I have repeated myself many times on this point.  Club Tyrone does not give money to the men's teams, Club Tyrone gives money to the County Board.  If the County Board gifts some of the money to the ladies team (outside of the general association) then it is the County Board's perogative, NOT Club Tyrone's. 

Re Garvaghey MR99, you should realise that nothing has been finalised, that there are experts within the working group who can be trusted to make sensible decisions re design and layout, and that there is careful scrutiny at all levels to ensure no money is being wasted.

Ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... same difference. Then should Club Tyrone give some money to Ladies County Board?... which in effect goes to running of the team as in case of the men.

I agree with them contibuting to ladies football - but people involved in the ladies board and the way ladies football is run in tyrone wouldnt inspire any confidence to give £20k too. I just observe what goes on within our local ladies clubs and the way they are treated in regard to fixtures amongst other issues - makes you question what goes on.

longrunsthefox

To be honest I don't know all the ins and outs but I chat to some of the players and they really want to give their all to play for and represent their county. Does seem they are very much second class citizens in the GAA. 

WeeDonns

QuoteTo be honest I don't know all the ins and outs but I chat to some of the players and they really want to give their all to play for and represent their county. Does seem they are very much second class citizens in the GAA.

If they had joined the GAA a couple of years ago when they were given the opportunity, and were now being asked to fund themselves, then it would be fair to say they are "second class citizens in the GAA"
The FACT is that we are talking about the The Ladies Gaelic Football Association of Ireland and not the Gaelic Athletic Association.

Does anyone know why the LGFA and Camogie Association didn't join up with the GAA? Surely it would have made more sense and meant that players would have been treated equally to their male counterparts

longrunsthefox

Fair point... I must ask them. You know what women are like  ::)... although it still doesn't expalin why Club Tyrone won't give money to their county board as it is for Gaelic players. 

Silky

What's the story with Naomb Colm Cille from Tyrone who play in the All Ireland Junior hurling final on Saturday? Where are they from and how long are they on the go?

There wouldn't be many hurling clubs in Tyrone would there? Great achievement to get to an All Ireland final but the LImerick team will be hard to beat. Good luck to hem anyway.

longrunsthefox

They were formed in1986 and went to 1988. Then broke up a while and reformed in 1993. Recently bought their own field and have teams from under 8 through to adult and had two players on Tyrone team that won Lory Meagher Cup. Was another 5 players on the subs. Seven or eight O'Neills on the team. Probably will have their work cut out on Saturday but are going from strength to strength as a team and a club. Will be great for them to run out on Croke Park and for all the people who worked so hard to establish the club and keep it going.

Silky

Thanks. They must be handy enough to get to the final. Good luck to them anyway.

Rois

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 11, 2010, 12:14:30 PM
Fair point... I must ask them. You know what women are like  ::)... although it still doesn't expalin why Club Tyrone won't give money to their county board as it is for Gaelic players.

If you as a Club Tyrone member have an issue with how your money is being spent, then please, put it in writing to the chairman of the committee (details on www.clubtyrone.com).

Carmen Stateside

I heard Club Tyrone is heading to the states now looking money! How will they sell this to the people over here? What benefits will the familys living in New York and Philly get out of it?

Zapatista

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on February 11, 2010, 01:09:13 PM
I heard Club Tyrone is heading to the states now looking money! How will they sell this to the people over here? What benefits will the familys living in New York and Philly get out of it?

They'll get to help Tyrone GAA, the same as everyone else.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Rois on February 11, 2010, 12:33:24 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 11, 2010, 12:14:30 PM

If you as a Club Tyrone member have an issue with how your money is being spent, then please, put it in writing to the chairman of the committee (details on www.clubtyrone.com).

Like I could afford to give my hard earned money to Club Tyrone when I am more interested in giving to my club  :o

Carmen Stateside

And that's it, not even a t-shirt ? Lol you may tell them to stay at home. We have our own clubs out here trying to survive from year to year, now club tyrone want to come over and take money of the people we be depending on to support us! Thanks.

orangeman

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on February 11, 2010, 01:29:41 PM
And that's it, not even a t-shirt ? Lol you may tell them to stay at home. We have our own clubs out here trying to survive from year to year, now club tyrone want to come over and take money of the people we be depending on to support us! Thanks.

Sure you'se are all loaded over there !  ;)

Carmen Stateside

Club Tyrone must think so! Maybe they could try help get a decent radio link on the internet so the people in the states could get even to listen to the games they will be helping out with.