Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

To listen to some of you on here you'd swear that Club Tyrone were a Kerry outfit!  :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

new devil

Quote from: tyronefan on February 11, 2010, 05:47:13 PM
Quote from: new devil on February 11, 2010, 05:27:43 PM
Quote from: tyronefan on February 11, 2010, 05:19:59 PM
Club Tyrone is going to the states to raise money for the Garvaghy project. These grounds are not just for the County team but for any person or club in Tyrone to use.

No one is forcing anyone in the States to pay money to Club Tyrone but there is a lot of people in the States who support and enjoy the Gaa in Tyrone and who are not concerned what is in it for them when they contribute money to Club Tyrone.

Club Tyrone and Mickey Harte were invited to the States

No they weren't invited...and i think carmen is right it is going to take away from the clubs here who are trying to raise money for the coming season

They were invited to Philly for a function on Friday the26th Feb  and are stopping off in NY on the Sat night for a function which is being organised by the Tyrone board in NY who were happy to organize a function when contacted by Club Tyrone 
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 11, 2010, 05:28:01 PM
Club Tyrone is going to the states to raise money for the Garvaghy project. These grounds are not just for the County team but for any person or club in Tyrone to use.

No one is forcing anyone in the States to pay money to Club Tyrone but there is a lot of people in the States who support and enjoy the Gaa in Tyrone and who are not concerned what is in it for them when they contribute money to Club Tyrone.

my understanding of the garvaghy project was that this wouldnt be the case, thet the facilitieswouldnt be able to be used by the clubs

according to the Tyrone chairman Ciaran Mc Laughlin it is for the use of all Facets of the Gaa in Tyrone  (last paragraph)
http://www.nwipp-newspapers.com/UH/free/306374338581718.php

Not sure about philly but i do know they weren't invited to NY..Iam not saying they aren't welcome because thats certainly not the case..i hope they do well  and we will do all we can to help them when they are here... just hope its not at the expense of the club over here

tyronefan

would certainly hope it is not at the expense of the club also new devil and i am sure it is not the intention of club tyrone to hurt in any way the good work that the tyrone board do in NY

This is something that they would hope people could do along with whatever  other commitments they have for the club as is the case here

there is several different schemes available so they would hope to get people to pick one that they comfortably contribute to and not conflict with other commitments they have

longrunsthefox

Club Tyrone is going to the states to raise money for the Garvaghy project. These grounds are not just for the County team but for any person or club in Tyrone to use.No one is forcing anyone in the States to pay money to Club Tyrone but there is a lot of people in the States who support and enjoy the Gaa in Tyrone and who are not concerned what is in it for them when they contribute money to Club Tyrone.

It ain't for any person or clubs to use, unless they may be in a county squad which is not much benefit to players from Derrytresk, Urney etc... vast majority of club players won't be using it...   

sandwiches_in_the_boot

I think there's an issue for many of us in that there are so many charities around and very often it's the same people who get hit up for cash all the time. But as regards CT, it's up to individuals I suppose to sign up. Tyrone men's senior success, as well as the success of the ladies, hurling, and handball teams is of immense pride for all of us and there's definately a serious strategy for the future at every level of football in Tyrone.

On the other hand I can imagine for example some GAA families being hit up, and feeling obliged to fund the schools version of CT (thinking of the CBS here), CT itself, county games, and I suppose the many ticket sellers at the door. It can be a lot to in such tight times. Especially with the infinite charities around from Haiti to cancer.

I do hope they adopt a sensible approach to Garvaghey. I'm assuming the curved changing rooms are due to the huge 'T' shape of the building (from the sketches I saw). If anyone has seen the changing rooms in Anfield, then they know it doesn't take the extraordinary to create success (taking about the hey day lads and lassies). LFC spends hundreds of grand on a non slip floor so a £30m player won't slip on his studs and break a leg, but the rest is spartan, only right IMO.
Investing in excellence does pay dividends though, look at Crossmaglen's 'professional' approach (lockers etc). But the point is, with so little money about, whatever is raised MUST not be spent needlessly.

I thought the trad. engraved brick was a tried and tested idea that never gets old. Not a fan of cead mile pixel, tho I can see why they went for it. Rois, since you seem to be on the inside, have they picked the plaque, is it a framed cert or glass brick or which prototype did they go for?
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

tyronefan

The Tyrone chairman added, "It is not just for the benefit of Tyrone senior team. It is for all our teams, men, women, camogie, handball and all facets of the GAA. As well there will be a museum at the site. It is for everybody from Tyrone and as it will be a regional centre it will be available to schools throughout Ulster to come and play as it is a central location for teams to play throughout the province.

quoted in the Ulster Herald 18 Jan 2010

where you getting your info fox

longrunsthefox

Quote from: tyronefan on February 11, 2010, 09:46:25 PM
The Tyrone chairman added, "It is not just for the benefit of Tyrone senior team. It is for all our teams, men, women, camogie, handball and all facets of the GAA. As well there will be a museum at the site. It is for everybody from Tyrone and as it will be a regional centre it will be available to schools throughout Ulster to come and play as it is a central location for teams to play throughout the province.

quoted in the Ulster Herald 18 Jan 2010

where you getting your info fox

Guess we'll have to wait and see then. Is 'all our teams' not mean Tyrone U21, minor and underage development squads. If you are right, I am looking forward to our club squads going up there to use the facilities. However that is not my understanding of it. The benefit to club players is that they will obviously come from clubs but that is if they reach county level.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

I'd be assuming if clubs were to use it, they'd have to pay to do so as they'd do for the brother's pitch in Omagh, no?
H. L. Mencken

longrunsthefox

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on February 11, 2010, 10:06:24 PM
I'd be assuming if clubs were to use it, they'd have to pay to do so as they'd do for the brother's pitch in Omagh, no?

Help pay to put it there and pay to use it  :o  I hope not as Tyrone squads wouldn't be charged to use it. While I enjoyed every minute of Tyrone's successes, the clubs should not fall any further behind in priority here. Am absolutely not anti-Tyrone county sides, it is just that at club level is such a struggle financially at the moment.   

tyronefan

jez lads a lot of assumptions being made here,   why not wait to see or at least ask whats happening before you knock it

loughshore lad

Whats the story with respect to clubs contributing to the Garvaghey project?

I had heard that clubs would be expected to pay £500 per year for 5 years toward Garvaghey, is this correct?

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Not knocking it, just firing useless speculation about! 

Thought that's what boards were for.  :P

Just thinking supply and demand. There'll be huge demand and not enough 4G pitch to go around.

Just to be frank, think this place is gonna be the tits! When you think how far the GAA in Tyrone has come, i'm glad there's the vision for such future investment and heritage preservation. Just hope that the 'T' building is for press though! Can't see anyone other than pilots benefiting from it.
H. L. Mencken

ziggysego

Good Luck to Cookstown Father Rocks & Naomh Colum Cille in your All-Ireland Finals this weekend.
Testing Accessibility

cookstownblue

Quote from: ziggysego on February 12, 2010, 02:36:01 AM
Good Luck to Cookstown Father Rocks & Naomh Colum Cille in your All-Ireland Finals this weekend.

Thanks Zig, real good buzz around the town, hope we do it- and good luck to Naomh Colum Cille as well, it would be great to meet the lads in the town on Sunday night, hopefully with two cups!

C'mon Tyrone!

Zapatista

Quote from: cookstownblue on February 12, 2010, 09:15:28 AM

Thanks Zig, real good buzz around the town, hope we do it- and good luck to Naomh Colum Cille as well, it would be great to meet the lads in the town on Sunday night, hopefully with two cups!

C'mon Tyrone!

ye can head off to a strip bar ;)

And goodluck too.