Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on February 11, 2010, 01:39:39 PM
Club Tyrone must think so! Maybe they could try help get a decent radio link on the internet so the people in the states could get even to listen to the games they will be helping out with.

I'd say they raised a good few quid on taking Sam out too. Clubs in America prob made a few quid too.

Rois

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 11, 2010, 01:19:23 PM
Like I could afford to give my hard earned money to Club Tyrone when I am more interested in giving to my club  :o

Ah.  But you are calling for other people's money to be spent on a county team.  I am confused by your motivations for complaining.     

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on February 11, 2010, 01:29:41 PM
And that's it, not even a t-shirt ? Lol you may tell them to stay at home. We have our own clubs out here trying to survive from year to year, now club tyrone want to come over and take money of the people we be depending on to support us! Thanks.
It's primarily to attract new Patrons for the Garvaghey scheme, in which case you would get a tshirt and your name on a wall plaque forever in the building in Tyrone.  Might not mean much to you but hopefully it will to others in NY and Philadelphia.  I wouldn't imagine that the people that sign up as patrons will stop their support for their club out stateside.  Anyway, sure it means a wee visit from Mickey Harte if nothing else. 

Now, anyone else want to take a bash at a group of voluntary subscribers who have contributed over £2m towards summer camps for kids, Healy Park stand, 3 All Ireland successes...

orangeman

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on February 11, 2010, 01:39:39 PM
Club Tyrone must think so! Maybe they could try help get a decent radio link on the internet so the people in the states could get even to listen to the games they will be helping out with.

I'd say that they would give it serious consideration if it was put to them.

I know that there is a very good communications committee in place here together with an excellent PRO Damian Harvey, Cookstown and I'd say before long, there will be new developments in this field.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 11, 2010, 12:14:30 PM
Fair point... I must ask them. You know what women are like  ::)... although it still doesn't expalin why Club Tyrone won't give money to their county board as it is for Gaelic players.

I think goal and a point's point is the key one here. The ladies county board would- perception wise at least- not be as slick as the Tyrone CB. Maybe behind that there is a warning sign, that casuses CT to hold their donation back.

If I started a Tyrone rounders association tomorrow, and immediately asked CT for £10K to fund me, I am sure there would be some fit-for-purpose criteria to meet firstly.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Carmen Stateside

How much does the plaque and T-shirt cost then?No doubt this will attract a few fools but not this one.  By the way didn't know Harte was the main man in Club Tyrone aswell.

Rois

Go to www.clubtyrone.com for the details of levels of involvement.

Now don't be petty about Mickey Harte - he isn't involved in Club Tyrone directly but he's someone who has more than a passing interest in the development of Garvaghey given that he has coached school, club and intercounty teams and is well equipped (probably better than most) to discuss the provision of facilities for all these groups in Tyrone. 

You may not be interested in it, but there are some "fools" who are. 

Carmen Stateside

Maybe Mickey might throw in a free book if we sign up?

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Rois on February 11, 2010, 02:17:43 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 11, 2010, 01:19:23 PM
Like I could afford to give my hard earned money to Club Tyrone when I am more interested in giving to my club  :o

Ah.  But you are calling for other people's money to be spent on a county team.  I am confused by your motivations for complaining.     
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on February 11, 2010, 01:29:41 PM
And that's it, not even a t-shirt ? Lol you may tell them to stay at home. We have our own clubs out here trying to survive from year to year, now club tyrone want to come over and take money of the people we be depending on to support us! Thanks.
It's primarily to attract new Patrons for the Garvaghey scheme, in which case you would get a tshirt and your name on a wall plaque forever in the building in Tyrone.  Might not mean much to you but hopefully it will to others in NY and Philadelphia.  I wouldn't imagine that the people that sign up as patrons will stop their support for their club out stateside.  Anyway, sure it means a wee visit from Mickey Harte if nothing else. 

Now, anyone else want to take a bash at a group of voluntary subscribers who have contributed over £2m towards summer camps for kids, Healy Park stand, 3 All Ireland successes...

Because I am tired going to club committee meetings and listening to letters from Tyrone GAA-Club Tyrone demanding we give so much money to this Gervaghy project and Club Tyrone won't support the ladies... so it is my money and money from our club go to it as well.

Rois

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 11, 2010, 04:24:38 PM

Because I am tired going to club committee meetings and listening to letters from Tyrone GAA-Club Tyrone demanding we give so much money to this Gervaghy project and Club Tyrone won't support the ladies... so it is my money and money from our club go to it as well.

Accepted that (assuming your club has for example 150 members) £3.33 of your money goes to Club Tyrone per annum. 
Garvaghey patronage is a completely separate fixed term scheme. 
No one from the ladies' County Board has asked Club Tyrone for money.  Therefore it is inaccurate to say that Club Tyrone "won't support the ladies".   

longrunsthefox

Well Rois, you sure know the workings of Club Tyrone. Can't say I see much in the Gervaghy project for the clubs. Seems to be really for the county teams tho we ain't much choice but to sign up...   

tyronefan

Club Tyrone is going to the states to raise money for the Garvaghy project. These grounds are not just for the County team but for any person or club in Tyrone to use.

No one is forcing anyone in the States to pay money to Club Tyrone but there is a lot of people in the States who support and enjoy the Gaa in Tyrone and who are not concerned what is in it for them when they contribute money to Club Tyrone.

Club Tyrone and Mickey Harte were invited to the States

new devil

Quote from: tyronefan on February 11, 2010, 05:19:59 PM
Club Tyrone is going to the states to raise money for the Garvaghy project. These grounds are not just for the County team but for any person or club in Tyrone to use.

No one is forcing anyone in the States to pay money to Club Tyrone but there is a lot of people in the States who support and enjoy the Gaa in Tyrone and who are not concerned what is in it for them when they contribute money to Club Tyrone.

No they weren't invited...and i think carmen is right it is going to take away from the clubs here who are trying to raise money for the coming season

blewuporstuffed

my understanding of the garvaghy project was that this wouldnt be the case, thet the facilitieswouldnt be able to be used by the clubs
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Zapatista

It's accurate to say they 'don't support the ladies' though. In fairness, throwing money at something to fix it can often do more harm than good.

tyronefan

Quote from: new devil on February 11, 2010, 05:27:43 PM

No they weren't invited...and i think carmen is right it is going to take away from the clubs here who are trying to raise money for the coming season

They were invited to Philly for a function on Friday the26th Feb  and are stopping off in NY on the Sat night for a function which is being organised by the Tyrone board in NY who were happy to organize a function when contacted by Club Tyrone 
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 11, 2010, 05:28:01 PM

my understanding of the garvaghy project was that this wouldnt be the case, thet the facilitieswouldnt be able to be used by the clubs

according to the Tyrone chairman Ciaran Mc Laughlin it is for the use of all Facets of the Gaa in Tyrone  (last paragraph)
http://www.nwipp-newspapers.com/UH/free/306374338581718.php