Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: goal and a point on November 04, 2009, 10:06:03 AM
county board dealt with it pretty quickly and at least things will not be dragged out. cant see anyone appealing as will not affect them in any more football after saturday

who were the officals on both side? any word?

I have heard of none on Errigal's side but strictly speaking Emmet Mc Ginley was not on the subs but was water carrying and has been suspended so I guess that is one.

DCR

Were any fines" handed down to either Club and what offences merit fines instead of (or as well as) suspensions?. Again just asking for info.

EC Unique

Quote from: DCR on November 04, 2009, 10:16:43 AM
Were any fines" handed down to either Club and what offences merit fines instead of (or as well as) suspensions?. Again just asking for info.

500euros each I am hearing. (A few handy bob for Garvaghy ::))

saffron sam2

Quote from: DCR on November 04, 2009, 08:42:40 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 04, 2009, 12:52:59 AM
Just a thought re Ardboe's £500 fine. Who provides the match day stewards? If it's Omagh, will they be fined for failing to protect the ref?

Just wondering. Not stirring.

It's a good question - I think that the Co Board provide the stewards - I saw non-Omagh stewards on the field.  And what was Ardboe's responsibility for stewarding?.

Still no response to the question I posed earlier. How can the Co Board suspend people who are not members of any GAA Club? (which they have allegedly done in Ardboe's case).

I heard a rumour of a similar scenario arose involving a high profile GAA figure. Having been reported for verbal abuse of the referee, his defence was that he wasn't a member of any GAA club and couldn't be punished under GAA rules. He was promptly told that the GAA does have the authority to impose certain limitations they consider necessary for the proper conduct of games and that he was to be banned from enter the playing enclosure of any ground hosting a game for a specified period.

The said decision allegedly was taken pursuant to Railach (3), (71), (73), (145), (146), (147) and (160) T.O. 2008. 

I hope this clears things up.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

MR99

Quote from: EC Unique on November 04, 2009, 11:18:12 AM
Quote from: DCR on November 04, 2009, 10:16:43 AM

500euros each I am hearing. (A few handy bob for Garvaghy ::))

That's a lot of pixels  :D

DCR

Quote from: saffron sam2 on November 04, 2009, 11:50:08 AM
Quote from: DCR on November 04, 2009, 08:42:40 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 04, 2009, 12:52:59 AM
Just a thought re Ardboe's £500 fine. Who provides the match day stewards? If it's Omagh, will they be fined for failing to protect the ref?

Just wondering. Not stirring.

It's a good question - I think that the Co Board provide the stewards - I saw non-Omagh stewards on the field.  And what was Ardboe's responsibility for stewarding?.

Still no response to the question I posed earlier. How can the Co Board suspend people who are not members of any GAA Club? (which they have allegedly done in Ardboe's case).

I heard a rumour of a similar scenario arose involving a high profile GAA figure. Having been reported for verbal abuse of the referee, his defence was that he wasn't a member of any GAA club and couldn't be punished under GAA rules. He was promptly told that the GAA does have the authority to impose certain limitations they consider necessary for the proper conduct of games and that he was to be banned from enter the playing enclosure of any ground hosting a game for a specified period.

The said decision allegedly was taken pursuant to Railach (3), (71), (73), (145), (146), (147) and (160) T.O. 2008. 

I hope this clears things up.
Many thanks Sam.
Can't help wondering if these bans are ever enforced though.
But that's another story.

goal and a point

Huge bans for brawl clubs
04 November 2009

Tyrone clubs Carrickmore and Errigal Ciaran have received bans totalling almost two-and-a-half years following the mass brawl which marred last weekend's Division 1 league final.

Fifteen individual suspensions, ranging from four weeks to 48 weeks, have been proposed by the Tyrone Competitions Control Committee. The teams are due to meet again on Saturday in the replay after finishing level after extra-time last Friday night, but will be severely depleted by the bans.

The clubs have 72 hours to appeal the sanctions, with any appeal likely to be heard on Thursday night. Should any appeal be taken to the Ulster Council or a higher body, the replay could be postponed.

Carrickmore supporter Damien McCallan, who jumped over the fence at Healy Park to get involved in the fracas, has been hit with a massive 48-week ban, while Ronan McRory (Errigal Ciaran) and Peadar McMahon (Carrickmore) received the heaviest player suspensions at 12 weeks. An eight-week ban has been proposed for Errigal's Emmett McGinley.

Carrickmore manager Adrian Clarke received a four-week touchline ban, which prevents him from having any contact with his team in Saturday's replay. Four-week suspensions have been proposed for players Adrian O'Donnell, Brian Mullin, Cahir Tierney and Enda McGinley who will, however, be eligible to line out for Ulster in Sunday's M Donnelly Inter-provincial final against Munster in Ruislip.

glencullrule

Francy Mooney is loving this, naming everybody in the paper as if they had done something very wrong. A few bands of brothers got hit, does anybody think one was standing up for other and vice versa?
Its a wonder that Daly and Neil Loughran didnt get suspended.

Wee Roddy

Glenculle, why them 2 guys?
About the band of borthers, thats crap. Rows in football occur because people are standing up for other. An Ice Hockey type sceanrio were the 3rd man in get the book threw at him is the answer because he is the man who starts the melee.
Carrickmores suspended players are all experienced lads who lived by the sword who now die by it. If you take an edge out of some men they fail to spark.
What is strange is how some people who were clearly seen striking got away with it.

new devil

redhandloo

Tough times don't last, tough people do!

EC Unique

redhandloo

Quote from: EC Unique on November 04, 2009, 03:20:03 PM
Quote from: mick the master on November 04, 2009, 03:03:08 PM
Peter the Great!!

PTG would never get involved in such!!! :o
Absolutely, would be sure to be found in a quiet corner mediating between the perpatrators ;D ;D
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

amigo

Quote from: EC Unique on November 04, 2009, 03:20:03 PM
Quote from: mick the master on November 04, 2009, 03:03:08 PM
Peter the Great!!

PTG would never get involved in such!!! :o

He was commended by the Tyrone County Board for doing his best to diffuse the situation!! :D :D