Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

Just watched the County final again.That was a mighty game of football!!!

It's great to be able to watch it with no worries as to the result. You see so much more.

LeoMc

Quote from: EC Unique on November 03, 2009, 09:05:37 PM
Quote from: MR99 on November 03, 2009, 05:51:19 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 03, 2009, 05:25:10 PM
I hear Ardboe got a 500 euro fine and 2 people (not club members) got 96 week suspensions for the incidents at the end of the county final

The suspensions are grand and justified, hopefully Ardboe will enforce these suspesnions as people like these 2 are not doing any club any favours.  I think the fine is a bit harsh as after all, you cannot hold a club responsible for their supporters.  Every club has idiots that dont come near matches all year until they reach a final, come out of the woodwork and all of a sudden be experts on the game, shouting obscenities etc...  A club cannot control these type of people or thier actions. It is hard enough for a club to keep things tiding over financially nowadays without fines being imposed.

I take it this also applies to the 500yoyo fines on Carmen an Errigal?

According to the news the names of the suspended were not being published. Are the names out in general circulation?

I will assume the straight reds are out so Errigal missing a Mid-fielder, CHF and FF while Carmen missing a Midfielder and WHB through suspension. Any others?

In addition Paul McGurk Paul Hughes and Cormac McGinley out through injury. Is it going to be a virtual reserve match this weekend wherever it is played?

quit yo jibbajabba

yup seamus, my post reinforces your point perfectly.........
you make me laugh ;D

anyway, on a different note, you tyrone wans would need to take a look at yourselves; first 7 men sent off in the wan match; now yer painting sheep green and orange up round arboe;

ye's would need to take a look at yourselves afore its too late

;D

LeoMc

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 03, 2009, 10:38:48 PM
yup seamus, my post reinforces your point perfectly.........
you make me laugh ;D

anyway, on a different note, you tyrone wans would need to take a look at yourselves; first 7 men sent off in the wan match; now yer painting sheep green and orange up round arboe;

ye's would need to take a look at yourselves afore its too late

;D

Beats putting make-up on the sheep like they do on further up the Lough :'(

KIDDO 4

The Tyrone County Committee would like to confirm that Mickey Harte has been granted a further two year extension to his term as Tyrone Senior Football Manager following a meetinglast night  . The three time All Ireland Senior Championship winning manager has been in charge of the senior team since 2003.  His current term as manager was due to be completed at the end of the 2010 season however the board are happy to endorse his request to stay on to at least the end of the 2012 season.

--

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: LeoMc on November 03, 2009, 10:35:53 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on November 03, 2009, 09:05:37 PM
Quote from: MR99 on November 03, 2009, 05:51:19 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 03, 2009, 05:25:10 PM
I hear Ardboe got a 500 euro fine and 2 people (not club members) got 96 week suspensions for the incidents at the end of the county final

The suspensions are grand and justified, hopefully Ardboe will enforce these suspesnions as people like these 2 are not doing any club any favours.  I think the fine is a bit harsh as after all, you cannot hold a club responsible for their supporters.  Every club has idiots that dont come near matches all year until they reach a final, come out of the woodwork and all of a sudden be experts on the game, shouting obscenities etc...  A club cannot control these type of people or thier actions. It is hard enough for a club to keep things tiding over financially nowadays without fines being imposed.

I take it this also applies to the 500yoyo fines on Carmen an Errigal?

According to the news the names of the suspended were not being published. Are the names out in general circulation?

I will assume the straight reds are out so Errigal missing a Mid-fielder, CHF and FF while Carmen missing a Midfielder and WHB through suspension. Any others?

In addition Paul McGurk Paul Hughes and Cormac McGinley out through injury. Is it going to be a virtual reserve match this weekend wherever it is played?

Carrickmores keeper is suspended aswell.
and i cant see why cormac mcginley will be out he walked of the field looking like he had enough and jus pulled up looking2 be taken off as donnelly was given him the run around!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Archie Mitchell

Good news on Mickey being at the helm for another 3 years at least. I think the job is his for as long as we wants it.

ONeill

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on November 04, 2009, 12:03:24 AM
The Tyrone County Committee would like to confirm that Mickey Harte has been granted a further two year extension to his term as Tyrone Senior Football Manager following a meetinglast night  . The three time All Ireland Senior Championship winning manager has been in charge of the senior team since 2003.  His current term as manager was due to be completed at the end of the 2010 season however the board are happy to endorse his request to stay on to at least the end of the 2012 season.

--

2 more books then.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

Just a thought re Ardboe's £500 fine. Who provides the match day stewards? If it's Omagh, will they be fined for failing to protect the ref?

Just wondering. Not stirring.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Archie Mitchell

So much for the county board not releasing the suspended players names to the public if they are being reported on the RTE website.

DCR

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 04, 2009, 12:52:59 AM
Just a thought re Ardboe's £500 fine. Who provides the match day stewards? If it's Omagh, will they be fined for failing to protect the ref?

It's a good question - I think that the Co Board provide the stewards - I saw non-Omagh stewards on the field.  And what was Ardboe's responsibility for stewarding?.

Still no response to the question I posed earlier. How can the Co Board suspend people who are not members of any GAA Club? (which they have allegedly done in Ardboe's case).

Zapatista

Quote from: DCR on November 04, 2009, 08:42:40 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 04, 2009, 12:52:59 AM

It's a good question - I think that the Co Board provide the stewards - I saw non-Omagh stewards on the field.  And what was Ardboe's responsibility for stewarding?.

Still no response to the question I posed earlier. How can the Co Board suspend people who are not members of any GAA Club? (which they have allegedly done in Ardboe's case).

They can be suspended from future membership or GAA grounds I suppose?

LeoMc

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on November 04, 2009, 08:37:03 AM
So much for the county board not releasing the suspended players names to the public if they are being reported on the RTE website.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2009/1104/tyrone.html

Tyrone GAA officials have handed down heavy suspensions to players and members of Carrickmore and Errigal Ciaran as a result of fighting which marred last Friday's Division One league final.

The drawn final saw seven players sent off and a mass brawl at the end of the match resulting in a total of 15 suspensions being recommended by the Competitions Control Committee.

Five Carrickmore players - according to the Irish Independent they are Plunkett Daly, Gabriel McCallan, both of whom received straight red cards, Plunkett McCallan, Ciaran McAleer and Conor McAleer - were given bans of four weeks.

On the Errigal side, the number of players who have received bans is also five. Ronan McCrory, who received a straight red card, was handed a 12-week ban. Adrian O'Donnell, Brian Mullin, Cahir Tierney and Enda McGinley have been hit with four-week suspension recommendations.

Several non-playing individuals ranging from water carriers to club members have received suspensions. The heaviest was handed to a Carrickmore supporter who received a ban of 48 weeks. Carrickmore manager Adrian Clarke was handed a four-week suspension.

The clubs were given a 72-hour deadline for any appeal. They are due to meet again on Saturday in a replay after the match finished level after extra time.

EC Unique

Quote from: LeoMc on November 04, 2009, 09:24:30 AM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on November 04, 2009, 08:37:03 AM

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2009/1104/tyrone.html

Tyrone GAA officials have handed down heavy suspensions to players and members of Carrickmore and Errigal Ciaran as a result of fighting which marred last Friday's Division One league final.

The drawn final saw seven players sent off and a mass brawl at the end of the match resulting in a total of 15 suspensions being recommended by the Competitions Control Committee.

Five Carrickmore players - according to the Irish Independent they are Plunkett Daly, Gabriel McCallan, both of whom received straight red cards, Plunkett McCallan, Ciaran McAleer and Conor McAleer - were given bans of four weeks.

On the Errigal side, the number of players who have received bans is also five. Ronan McCrory, who received a straight red card, was handed a 12-week ban. Adrian O'Donnell, Brian Mullin, Cahir Tierney and Enda McGinley have been hit with four-week suspension recommendations.

Several non-playing individuals ranging from water carriers to club members have received suspensions. The heaviest was handed to a Carrickmore supporter who received a ban of 48 weeks. Carrickmore manager Adrian Clarke was handed a four-week suspension.

The clubs were given a 72-hour deadline for any appeal. They are due to meet again on Saturday in a replay after the match finished level after extra time.

Same as what I heard yesterday. Seems fair enough. When will somebody who gets a 3 month suspension be able to play again with the winter break considered?

goal and a point

county board dealt with it pretty quickly and at least things will not be dragged out. cant see anyone appealing as will not affect them in any more football after saturday

who were the officals on both side? any word?