Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: C_Berg_316 on September 01, 2009, 04:15:46 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on September 01, 2009, 01:46:44 PM
Quote from: orangeman on August 31, 2009, 10:32:11 PM
Quote from: DCR on August 31, 2009, 10:25:21 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on August 31, 2009, 12:19:32 AM
Wasnt at the game due to prior engagement. However I heard SoN was well contained my Edan Clarke. Most, if not all, scores came from frees.
Now there's a big man and a handy enough footballer. McKenna Cup material??

Was Enda tried before ? Did he attend trials before ? I thought he had.

His brother Enda was tried, not Edan.

Edan was in the Omagh CBS team that won the Hogan Cup in 2007 and that famous Greencastle team of the same year ;)

id make a case for Aidan McElroy from augher then to be given a trial in mckenna cup seeing he kicked 1-4 from play off Edan  ;)

Realistically, there will be few if any retirements from the team. Plus he's going to bring in a few minors - that's definite - so that leaves no room on the panel for anybody else new. If anything, there'll have to be few lads let go off the panel.

C_Berg_316

Yip - heard from a good source that collie holmes wont be back next year - be good to see who harte calls in for the mckenna cip panel - looking forward to 2010 already.... :)
thats the crack she said with one leg up above on the table

bigfrank

Aiden Mc elroy,think u have had a little too much c berg cberg :P Ur a little biased tho

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: ziggysego on September 01, 2009, 02:50:57 PM
Quote from: rrhf on September 01, 2009, 01:59:20 PM
Ziggy if you had to call it now,  will greencastle make it to division 1 next year?

Can't see them winning the league now, especially since Tyrone is out of the All-Ireland and Mulligan is back with Cookstown. Still, one slip up by Cookstown and we're back in the running.

If we get a good run in the Championship, we'll not be far away and I'd say we could take it.

As for Cookstown doing the double, teams finishing 2-5 go into a play-off for promotion (I think).
If Cookstown do the double and Greencastle finish 2nd then they will gain aotomatic promotion-play-offs will be for the next 4 in the league

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: Tommo2 on September 01, 2009, 12:32:14 PM
Carrickmore & Ardboe also need the points to remain in the top 4. However, it is unlikely that they would both lose their last 2 league games. Clonoe are 4 points behind them and 1 point behind Omagh.

Are Clonoe putting a big push in to get into the top 4?
think management are trying to encourage a big push, but most players not in championship at this time of year would prefer the year to end anytime. Also a few players due home from states so god only knows
First on the field and last to leave

DCR

Heard that Coalisland failed to fulfill their League Cup match with Ardboe this evening. Not much respect around Coalisland for the memory of their former "great" the late Jim Devlin whose family donated the Jim Devlin Cup. But maybe we expect too much!!

orangeman

Quote from: DCR on September 01, 2009, 09:00:37 PM
Heard that Coalisland failed to fulfill their League Cup match with Ardboe this evening. Not much respect around Coalisland for the memory of their former "great" the late Jim Devlin whose family donated the Jim Devlin Cup. But maybe we expect too much!!

Game called off alright. Apparently Coalisland have an under 21 engagement with Errigal on this Thursday night.

ziggysego

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on September 01, 2009, 05:36:19 PM
Ziggy if you had to call it now,  will greencastle make it to division 1 next year?

Can't see them winning the league now, especially since Tyrone is out of the All-Ireland and Mulligan is back with Cookstown. Still, one slip up by Cookstown and we're back in the running.

If we get a good run in the Championship, we'll not be far away and I'd say we could take it.

As for Cookstown doing the double, teams finishing 2-5 go into a play-off for promotion (I think).
If Cookstown do the double and Greencastle finish 2nd then they will gain aotomatic promotion-play-offs will be for the next 4 in the league

You sure about that?
Testing Accessibility

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: ziggysego on September 01, 2009, 09:21:54 PM

You sure about that?
yeah, i think hes correct ziggy
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Whats it all about

Quote from: DCR on September 01, 2009, 09:00:37 PM

they did not but with 7's tournament on sat, league match Vs Eglish on sun, Jim Devlin fixture through in on the Tue, under 21 match Vs Errigal on Thursday and finally errigal seniors on sat!!!! Realistically 5 games in 8 Days don't imply the Fianna did not show respect you should be laying that on the county board DCR :(

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 01, 2009, 09:28:37 PM

You sure about that?

Yip... that's the way it works Zig. The Castle are up, up, up....
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 01, 2009, 09:28:37 PM
You sure about that?

Correct, from the 2009 Tyrone CCC Regulations, Paragraph 14:

14.   In Div 2 the team finishing top will be automatically promoted. Should the Championship winners finish top in the League then the second placed League team will be promoted. Teams placed 2 to 5* will play-off 2 v 5 and 3 v 4 (2 and 3 at home). The winners will play-off, at a neutral venue, with winners playing-off against Div 1 Relegation play-off winning team.  In Div 2 the bottom placed team will be relegated. A play-off will take place between teams second and third bottom with the second bottom team at home. The losers will be relegated. The winners will play the play-off winner from Division 3 to stay in Division 2. 
*excluding Championship winners

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ziggysego

Thanks guys.

Greencastle up up up Norf? Hope so, but I won't be making any bold statements :)
Testing Accessibility

viiv

What do we think of the proposals of a 'back door' club championship to be discussed at the next CCC meeting? Would it work in Tyrone? How does the Derry system serve their clubs.

viiv

SFC example using teams in 2009 SFC

WEEK 1

8 losers from Rd 1

Loughmacrory

Eglish

Aghyaran

Clonoe

Coalisland

Kildress

Moy

Donaghmore

Are drawn against each other to produce 4 ties 

And these games take place on same weekend as Q/F's

Trillick v An Charraig Mhor   

Galbally v Killyclogher             

Ardboe v  Omagh   

Dromore v Errigal Ciaran           

WEEK 2

The following week the 4 winners of the Rd 1 qualifers play the beaten Q/finalists

WEEK 3

The following week we get to the Q/F's: with the teams who qualified through the direct route at home to those back door teams; Advantage is they have home advantage for winning through the direct route and also do NOT have to play 3 consecutive weeks in FC.

Format summarised

Winning teams     Losing teams

Rd 1 16 teams     Rd 1 16 teams

Rd 2 Q/Finals     Rd 2 8 losers play-off

Rd 3 Q'Finals WITH HOME advantage Rd 3 4 winners of Rd 2 play

4 losers of Q/F's

Rd 4 S/F's  Rd 4 Q/Finals – AWAY to teams winning through on direct route

Rd 5 Final       Rd 5 S/F's

Rd 6 Final   

Provided clubs retain the starred games these games could be worked into the schedule