Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Credible

Quote from: tyrone86 on August 30, 2009, 04:37:06 PM
Clann na Gael beat Greencastle 1-7 to 0-9 - Stevie O'Neill kicked 5 top quality points outside the 50.

:o Are the wheels coming off for Greencaslte?

MR99

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on August 30, 2009, 03:47:42 PM
Dromore 0.15 , Trillick 0.6 , in the all county league this afternoon in Trillick.

Was anyone at this game?  What happened to Trillick, thought they would be too strong for Dromore given their good home record and Dromore not going well in league?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: tyrone86 on August 30, 2009, 04:37:06 PM
Clann na Gael beat Greencastle 1-7 to 0-9 - Stevie O'Neill kicked 5 top quality points outside the 50.

:o

Stevie's back to his best, can we bottle that for next year? Last time I saw him at that craic was against Cork in the NFL in Pairc Ui Rinn in 2005.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

brougherboy

Quote from: MR99 on August 30, 2009, 06:16:36 PM
Dromore 0.15 , Trillick 0.6 , in the all county league this afternoon in Trillick.

Was anyone at this game?  What happened to Trillick, thought they would be too strong for Dromore given their good home record and Dromore not going well in league?

Trillick were poor, Dromore were definately the stronger team!!  hopefully trillick can get it together for the champ in a fortnight!

tyroneboi

We have our first League Champions of the year. Aghaloo sealed the Junior league title when they beat Fintona 2-09 to 1-10. Well done to them.

ceol agus peil

Quote from: MR99 on August 30, 2009, 06:16:36 PM

Dromore really produced a convincing performance today in poor conditions with a great display despite missing first team regulars Micky Garry and Shane McMahon. Dromore dominated throughout and only for a mass of wides during the course of the game should have won by twice as much against a Trillick team who had no reply to Dromore's performance today.
Sent from my iphone

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: ziggysego on August 30, 2009, 05:11:32 PM
Just heard. Feckin knew it, D'oh! What about Cookstown?
Cookstown beat Killeeshil 1-8 to 0-4

orangeman

Interesting results.

Stevie must have been on fire. Any reports Ziggy ?

Sad death in Moortown club. RIP.

ziggysego

Wasnt at the game due to prior engagement. However I heard SoN was well contained my Edan Clarke. Most, if not all, scores came from frees.
Testing Accessibility

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: clarshack on August 29, 2009, 11:46:28 PM
its in the rules that a game should only be called off due to a bereavement or waterlogged pitch etc. if the strabane game was called off for 3 players having flu then a lot of clubs would try and take the piss and try and get games off if they were missing key men especially as we are now in the business end of the season. yes in an ideal world the strabane game would be called off but unfortunately we dont live in an ideal world.

Therefore do you want to let the administrators know that when foot and mouth broke out they were wrong to call the games off?
I know what you're saying, and can understand your point but there is a differance between 'flu' and 'swine flu'.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

tyrone86

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 31, 2009, 03:26:28 AM
its in the rules that a game should only be called off due to a bereavement or waterlogged pitch etc. if the strabane game was called off for 3 players having flu then a lot of clubs would try and take the piss and try and get games off if they were missing key men especially as we are now in the business end of the season. yes in an ideal world the strabane game would be called off but unfortunately we dont live in an ideal world.

Therefore do you want to let the administrators know that when foot and mouth broke out they were wrong to call the games off?
I know what you're saying, and can understand your point but there is a differance between 'flu' and 'swine flu'.

Whatever about the hypotheticals, the game was off for legitimate reasons. Sin e. 

Quote from: ziggysego on August 31, 2009, 12:19:32 AM
Wasnt at the game due to prior engagement. However I heard SoN was well contained my Edan Clarke. Most, if not all, scores came from frees.

Stevie was excellent from play in the 1st half. Pure class

clarshack

norf, imo they were wrong to call of games in 2001 due to the foot and mouth. we werent allowed to play games for 6 weeks and in the end had to beat rock in the final game to avoid relegation. you even had the farcical situation of players not being allowed to play for tyrone & derry yet they still went to watch the game anyway.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: tyrone86 on August 31, 2009, 07:36:24 AM

Whatever about the hypotheticals, the game was off for legitimate reasons. Sin e. 

Fair enough Tyrone86. I was just making a point, and not meaning to be disprespectful. RIP to all concerned at Moortown GFC.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

clarshack

was brian dooher playing against greencastle?

Fuzzman

No & I've heard Dooher wont be playing any more this year.

Not sure why but I'd imagine to give his injuries a break.