Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: ziggysego on August 27, 2009, 08:10:52 PM
Quote from: DCR on August 27, 2009, 06:19:58 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on August 27, 2009, 01:14:57 PM
Sunday 2.00pm Clann na nGael v Greencastle
Isn't this Intermediate?

DCR - :P

Orangeman - This is the game I've been dreading all year. Ironically (is it ironic?) I can't make it to the game. Prior engagement.

Best of luck in it anyway. I'm sure you'll be getting a commentary. Any reception up there ?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Crocodiletears on August 26, 2009, 07:57:40 PM
FoSB i think you should have a look at your own web site the following extract is copied from it

Thanks for that Crocodiletears, I've been trying to think of that interweb thingy for a good while now  ;)

The game still hasn't been definitely postponed (as far as I know), but it looks like it will be at this point.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Rois

Quote from: orangeman on August 27, 2009, 08:44:02 PM

Best of luck in it anyway. I'm sure you'll be getting a commentary. Any reception up there ?

Oh Ziggy, I can give one of your crowd directions, to the metre, where they can stand with their arm up in the air to get O2 Ireland reception. Now it's about two miles away from the pitch but in Aughabrack terms that's an easy distance.

ziggysego

Quote from: Rois on August 27, 2009, 11:10:44 PM
Quote from: orangeman on August 27, 2009, 08:44:02 PM

Oh Ziggy, I can give one of your crowd directions, to the metre, where they can stand with their arm up in the air to get O2 Ireland reception. Now it's about two miles away from the pitch but in Aughabrack terms that's an easy distance.

I also have to sit the attic of my house to get the reception from O2 in Greencastle.
Testing Accessibility

rrhf

Any carmen heads know how the over 35s V Donaghmore went last night?

orangeman

6 of last years' minors coming into the panel for 2010 :

Mickey Harte comments on new additions to the squad :

There is a wonderful team in Tyrone, wonderful players. There is a good spread of age in it. You can't be within touching distance of two All-Ireland finals (in succession), and one game puts you into oblivion. We're still a decent side and we're still quality players. We'll be on the horizon again in 2010."

Harte expects around six of last year's All-Ireland minor-winning side to make the senior squad in the coming seasons but they will have to prove themselves better than what is already there if they are to become regular fixtures in the Red Hands squad.
"There is enough quality in them to be knocking on the door. Now, the six of them won't appear in the Tyrone team in one go next year but they are certainly in the mix for the squad. There has always been a transition within our team. We haven't got the same 15 players that played in 2003 or '05 or '08. There was a change across those years and that happened incidentally. It wasn't wholesale changes.

"It's too easy to say to somebody that because they have been around 10 years they shouldn't really want this anymore. That's an easy option when you lose something. Those players have vast experience and should be given the opportunity.

"If someone comes along and decides that they can play better than them, then that doesn't mean you can't embrace that as well but I wouldn't be having a knee-jerk reaction. I would work with somebody as long as they are prepared to give the commitment and have the quality needed.

"And that is always under review. It is always being assessed and if the same people come back they want to see young men biting at their heels and, if those young players can show that they deserve to be first-team players we would have to use them as that."

rrhf

I dont think he gave Sean O Neill amongst others a fair go at it this year at all.  Hartes loyalty cant be questioned, but does he honestly think Tommy Mc was the best player in his position all year.  Spin is one thing reality can be so different.  I think Mickey needs to decide who offers more, not the players. 

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 26, 2009, 11:46:31 PM
Aye the boys are definately down with the swine flu. I heard tonight that the match is off this weekend, but not 100% on that.

The Sigersons vs Moortown games are definitely going ahead at 11:00 and 1:00 pm on Sunday, the Tyrone CCC refused to have the games postponed.

Bring your Tamiflu Moortown!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Zapatista

Quote from: rrhf on August 28, 2009, 01:07:56 PM
I dont think he gave Sean O Neill amongst others a fair go at it this year at all.  Hartes loyalty cant be questioned, but does he honestly think Tommy Mc was the best player in his position all year.  Spin is one thing reality can be so different.  I think Mickey needs to decide who offers more, not the players.

I'd say Red Sean got a fair go at it. Maybe could have came on a little earlier against Cork but other that that I can't complain. However, he is one I'd expect to see much more of in 2010.

Crocodiletears

The Sigersons vs Moortown games are definitely going ahead at 11:00 and 1:00 pm on Sunday, the Tyrone CCC refused to have the games postponed.

FoSB is your chairman Ciaran McLaughlin not the man on the CCC who makes that decision if so he does not think too much of the swine flu or the welfare of the Moortown players, did they seek medical advice i wonder on this decision as i work in the dhss and we HAVE to take time off work if we come into contact with the swine flu.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Crocodiletears on August 28, 2009, 04:59:02 PM

FoSB is your chairman Ciaran McLaughlin not the man on the CCC who makes that decision if so he does not think too much of the swine flu or the welfare of the Moortown players, did they seek medical advice i wonder on this decision as i work in the dhss and we HAVE to take time off work if we come into contact with the swine flu.

Aye Ciaran is the chairman of the CCC. I'd expect that he was not part of the decision making process on this, and the CCC sat without him in the interests of fairness.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Crocodiletears

Just out or curiostity North who will be accountable should any of the Moortown players get the swine flu whilst playing in Strabane, i feel its's not fair to expect Moortown to go down there when it is obvious the place is riddled with it. All over the press and news. They should postpone the game until a later date is only pointing out the obvious

ceol agus peil

Newtownstewart 0-11
Drumquin 0-10

The draw for the semi final was also made in Aghyaran clubhouse tonight

BROCAGH V FINTONA  and  DUNGANNON V NEWTOWNSTEWART
Sent from my iphone

twotwocharlie

anyone interested in swaping two football tickets for two hurling (all ireland).
just send me a pm

many thanks