Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Crocodiletears on August 28, 2009, 07:32:53 PM
Just out or curiostity North who will be accountable should any of the Moortown players get the swine flu whilst playing in Strabane, i feel its's not fair to expect Moortown to go down there when it is obvious the place is riddled with it. All over the press and news. They should postpone the game until a later date is only pointing out the obvious

I don't know if anyone would be accountable in reality.

However if the game WAS postponed, I can guarantee that people would be on here condemning the decision, and stating that it was a set up job. Then someone else would follow by saying that if his/her club has 3 or 4 players with normal flu they too will be looking for a postponement.

"The place is riddled with it". Are you sure? I have heard of no one bar the players involved, and one of the families of a player having swine flu.

If you are asking me personally, I think the game should've been off in the interests of safety.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Rocky Mc Guigan

Still a chance the game will be called off- no final decision made yet

KIDDO 4

Tuesday 1 September 6:45PM
WJ DOLAN SHC
EIRE Og A  Vs  NAOMH COLMCILLE
CAPPAGH GAELS  Vs  EOGHAN RUADH

O'Neill's ACL Div 3
Beragh v Drumragh

O'Neill's ACL Div 3 Reserve
Tattyreagh v Clogher

Jim Devlin League Cup Q/F
Coalisland v Ardboe (in Ardboe)
Clonoe v Eglish

Wednesday 2 September 6:45pm
Frank O'Neill League Cup Q/F's
Pomeroy v Moortown
Greencastle v Clann na nGael 

Thursday 3 September 6:45PM
WJ Dolan U21 Q/F
Coalisland v Errigal Ciaran in Eglish

Friday 4 September 6:45PM
WJ Dolan SHC
EIRE Og A v SHAMROCKS

O'Neill's ACL Div 2 Rd 4
Derrylaughan v Edendork
Pomeroy v Killyman

WJ Dolan JRFC S/F
Beragh v Drumquin in Drumragh

Saturday 5 September
WJ Dolan JFC S/F's
4:30PM              Newtownstewart v Dungannon                            AUGHER
6pm                            Brocagh v Fintona                                                        AUGHER

O'Neill's ACL Div 1 Rd 13  4:30pm and 6PM
Dromore v Donaghmore
Eglish v Trillick
Errigal Ciaran v Coalisland
Galbally v Clonoe
Kildress v An Charraig Mhor
Killyclogher v Ardboe
Loughmacrory v Omagh
Moy v Aghyaran

Sunday 6 September 12 and 1:15PM
O'Neill's ACL Div 2 Rd 4
Strabane v Greencastle
Clann na nGael v Eskra
Cookstown v Gortin
Rock v Moortown
Stewartstown v Killeeshil
Urney v Augher

Round 16
Derrytresk v Clogher
Dregish v Castlederg
Errigal Ciaran III v Brackaville
ER O'Neills v Beragh
Glenelly v Aghaloo

Monday 7 September 6:45PM
O'Neill's ACL Div 2 Rd 4 – reserve only
Derrylaughan v Edendork
Pomeroy v Killyman

TUESDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER 6:45pm
WJ DOLAN SHC
EOGHAN RUADH  Vs  EIRE Og A

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Crocodiletears on August 28, 2009, 07:32:53 PM
Just out or curiostity North who will be accountable should any of the Moortown players get the swine flu whilst playing in Strabane, i feel its's not fair to expect Moortown to go down there when it is obvious the place is riddled with it.

Sorry Croc, but that's (sensationalist) bullshit (leave off the tabloids eh?  ;)). It's ring fenced to the players who were in Liverpool on a stag, and they've been under the usual quarantine since.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

clarshack

its in the rules that a game should only be called off due to a bereavement or waterlogged pitch etc. if the strabane game was called off for 3 players having flu then a lot of clubs would try and take the piss and try and get games off if they were missing key men especially as we are now in the business end of the season. yes in an ideal world the strabane game would be called off but unfortunately we dont live in an ideal world.

Fear ón Srath Bán

True clarshack, I'd prefer that the game be postponed, but Ciarán being the CCC chairman or not has no bearing, they must make decisions based on the rules. It could be costly for us, but that's the way.

new devil

Think that game will be off now lads...just got news off a death in the moortown club..very sad news

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: new devil on August 30, 2009, 04:56:04 AM
Think that game will be off now lads...just got news off a death in the moortown club..very sad news
Games in Strabane off all right. Re-fixed for Friday night under lights

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: new devil on August 30, 2009, 04:56:04 AM

Thanks new devil, RIP.

KIDDO 4

Dromore 0.15 , Trillick 0.6 , in the all county league this afternoon in Trillick.

KIDDO 4

Eglish 0.12,Coalisland 3.14  in the all county league this afternoon.

nothingbettertobeat

new league leaders on their own in div 2???
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

clarshack

stewartstown beat a disinterested killyman side 2-11 to 0-5 and thus condemning killyman to junior football. it is very very tight at the bottom now. massive game against killeeshil next weekend.

tyrone86

Clann na Gael beat Greencastle 1-7 to 0-9 - Stevie O'Neill kicked 5 top quality points outside the 50.

ziggysego

Just heard. Feckin knew it, D'oh! What about Cookstown?
Testing Accessibility