Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: LeoMc on August 18, 2009, 05:23:34 PM
Quote from: kicking king on August 18, 2009, 04:04:52 PM
Hows everyone fancy the relegation issues to turn out now then after last weekends results?

Think eglish and the lough will be in the bottom 2 and then its just a matter of who finishes 3rd bottom between Aghyran, Kildress, Killyclogher, Coalisland and Trillick.  Its going to be very tight thats for sure!

Don't forget Dromore are also on 11 points. Their derby with Trillick and Coalislands game against Eglish, the "games in hand" will have a big bearing on things.

How does relegation work this year with the starred games. Surely it is not just bottom 2 down and thirdd from bottom playing off with the Intermediate runners up?

I think the bottom team are doomed. The 2nd and 3rd bottom play off with loser relegated. The winner of that play off plays the promotion play off winner for the last spot.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

carol6

Just back from Hols and having caught up with the weekend's results I am predicting a relegation/promotion play off Div 1 and 2 between Loughmacrory and Greencastle. That should be quite a game with so much at stake. Ziggy how would such a derby fixture go down in your neck of the woods?

ziggysego

Quote from: carol6 on August 19, 2009, 01:04:55 AM
Just back from Hols and having caught up with the weekend's results I am predicting a relegation/promotion play off Div 1 and 2 between Loughmacrory and Greencastle. That should be quite a game with so much at stake. Ziggy how would such a derby fixture go down in your neck of the woods?

Assuming Greencastle and Cookstown don't drop anymore point, won't it be a play-off between the two teams? Also if Greencastle or Cookstown do the double, will the team that comes 2nd in the league get promoted?

However to your question, I'd say Greencastle would beat Loughmacrory :)
Testing Accessibility

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: ziggysego on August 19, 2009, 12:55:17 PM
Quote from: carol6 on August 19, 2009, 01:04:55 AM

Assuming Greencastle and Cookstown don't drop anymore point, won't it be a play-off between the two teams? Also if Greencastle or Cookstown do the double, will the team that comes 2nd in the league get promoted?

However to your question, I'd say Greencastle would beat Loughmacrory :)
If one of those teams do the double then the team finishing second in the league will be promoted- a play-off will  take place if they finish level on points -although this may only be to see who go down as league winners if one of them has won the cship

Family guy

Wht you on about u plum,there was 3 killeeshil players came to the states and they are 3 senior players,wats it 2 u how many ppl go 2 training,you could go to training every nite of the week and you would still be crap.Killeeshil still in da championship and them lads will be home to play in it.

Quote from: amongthebushes on August 18, 2009, 12:38:58 PM
Quote from: clarshack on August 18, 2009, 09:52:56 AM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on August 18, 2009, 12:49:51 AM
Quote from: clarshack on August 17, 2009, 10:38:33 AM
If the next round is starred then i would expect greencastle to beat clan na gael and cookstown to beat killeeshil.

If so, the only game greencastle can really slip up in is away to strabane whereas cookstown have struggled at home this year and could get caught by gortin or derrylaughan. However at this stage i'm gonna say Cookstown will just about win the league (a draw against strabane costing greencastle)

Even if greencastle finish second in the league there's still a good chance they'll go up into Division 1 as cookstown would then be favourites to do the double.

Does anybody know when Killeeshil get their players back from america?.

Them boys have no notion of going home!!!
In fairness they would be some addition back with their club, they are playing great stuff over here!

I heard yesterday that they came home last week but the killeeshil committee decided they couldnt play against derrylaughan due to the bad taste that had been left. are they home or not? personally i think if they were home they would have been playing against derrylaughan no matter what as they badly need points.

They are not home yet, but are coming home soon, as tyrone NY have more or less qualified for the knock out stages, but are going back out, something to do with timescale of transfer etc.

I dont know why people are making a big fuss over two players (P McMullan & G Reilly), the other players that went were reserve players. Sounds like people like to use players going to the states for the summer as an excuse for a poor set-up! Its not their fault that 8/9 players turn up for training at home, how many managers is that now they have gone through in a short space of time!!

orangeman

There's a lot of football still to be played. A lot of points still there to be won.

KIDDO 4

Tuesday 25 AUGUST
Frank O'Neill League Cup Q/F's
Killyman v Pomeroy / Cookstown
Pomeroy / Cookstown v Derrylaughan / Moortown
Strabane v Eskra / Killeshill

Wednesday 26 AUG 7pm
WJ Dolan U21 S/F –
Grade 3: Derrytresk v Aghyaran in Tattyreagh

Thursday 27 August 7pm TBC – senior only
WJ Dolan Reserve Junior Football Championship S/F 7PM (et if required)
Brackaville v Clogher / Dungannon

Friday 28 August 7:15pm
WJ Dolan Reserve Junior Football Championship S/F 7PM (et if required)
Brocagh / Drumquin v Beragh

Sunday 30 August
Jim Devlin League cup Q/F's (et if required)
An Charrig Mhor v Aghyaran / Omagh
Coalisland v Ardboe (at Ardboe)
Clonoe v Eglish / Kildress
winners group Omagh / Aghyaran have bye

KIDDO 4

TYRONE HURLING CHAMPIONSHIP DATES.
TUESDAY 18TH AUGUST @ 7-00PM.   
NAOMH COLMCILLE  Vs EOGHAN RUADH
SATURDAY 22ND AUGUST @ 4-00PM.
CAPPAGH GAELS  Vs  NAOMH COLMCILLE
TUESDAY 25TH AUGUST @ 7-00PM.
CAPPAGH GAELS  Vs  EIRE Og A
FRIDAY  28TH AUGUST @ 7-00PM.
SHAMROCKS Vs  NAOMH COLMCILLE
SUNDAY 30TH AUGUST @ 4-30PM.
EOGHAN RUADH  Vs  SHAMROCKS
TUESDAY 1ST SEPTEMBER @ 7-00PM.
EIRE Og A  Vs  NAOMH COLMCILLE
CAPPAGH GAELS  Vs  EOGHAN RUADH
FRIDAY 4TH  SEPTEMBER @ 7-00PM.
EIRE Og A  Vs  SHAMROCKS
TUESDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER. @ 7-00PM.
EOGHAN RUADH  Vs  EIRE Og A
SATURDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER @ 4-00PM
SHAMROCKS Vs CAPPAGH GAELS
FINALS: SUNDAY 27TH SEPTEMBER @ 2-00PM / 4-30PM.

Doogie Browser

Sigersons beat Killyman (3-16 to 0-7) last night to lift the Intermediate Reserve Championship.

amongthebushes

Quote from: Family guy on August 19, 2009, 10:00:58 PM
Wht you on about u plum,there was 3 killeeshil players came to the states and they are 3 senior players,wats it 2 u how many ppl go 2 training,you could go to training every nite of the week and you would still be crap.Killeeshil still in da championship and them lads will be home to play in it.

Quote from: amongthebushes on August 18, 2009, 12:38:58 PM
Quote from: clarshack on August 18, 2009, 09:52:56 AM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on August 18, 2009, 12:49:51 AM
Quote from: clarshack on August 17, 2009, 10:38:33 AM
If the next round is starred then i would expect greencastle to beat clan na gael and cookstown to beat killeeshil.

If so, the only game greencastle can really slip up in is away to strabane whereas cookstown have struggled at home this year and could get caught by gortin or derrylaughan. However at this stage i'm gonna say Cookstown will just about win the league (a draw against strabane costing greencastle)

Even if greencastle finish second in the league there's still a good chance they'll go up into Division 1 as cookstown would then be favourites to do the double.

Does anybody know when Killeeshil get their players back from america?.

Them boys have no notion of going home!!!
In fairness they would be some addition back with their club, they are playing great stuff over here!

I heard yesterday that they came home last week but the killeeshil committee decided they couldnt play against derrylaughan due to the bad taste that had been left. are they home or not? personally i think if they were home they would have been playing against derrylaughan no matter what as they badly need points.

They are not home yet, but are coming home soon, as tyrone NY have more or less qualified for the knock out stages, but are going back out, something to do with timescale of transfer etc.

I dont know why people are making a big fuss over two players (P McMullan & G Reilly), the other players that went were reserve players. Sounds like people like to use players going to the states for the summer as an excuse for a poor set-up! Its not their fault that 8/9 players turn up for training at home, how many managers is that now they have gone through in a short space of time!!

Good lad! Great debating skills displayed by yourself! Do they not accept your text message language on hoganstand anymore?

Scooby is a reserve player cub! They will be home for the championship alright, as long as tyrone dont get beat on Sunday!

ziggysego

Greencastle beat Loughmacrory in the U21 tonight.
Testing Accessibility

Atticus_Finch

What colours do Aghaloo play in ?
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

020304 Tir Eoghain

Tír Éoghain '03, '05, '08.

Atticus_Finch

"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

ziggysego

Quote from: ziggysego on August 20, 2009, 10:08:14 PM
Greencastle beat Loughmacrory in the U21 tonight.

Greencastle 2-12   v Loughmacroy 0-01   
Testing Accessibility