Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocky Mc Guigan

Play off if they finish level- however if either Cookstown or Greencastle win c'ship then no need for play-off

ziggysego

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on August 17, 2009, 11:14:53 AM
Play off if they finish level- however if either Cookstown or Greencastle win c'ship then no need for play-off

Hopefully it'll work out that way :)
Testing Accessibility

Armin Tamzarian

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on August 17, 2009, 11:14:53 AM

Except for the little matter of the league champions crown!

Rocky Mc Guigan

Promotion is the name of game at end of the day-either side won't be too worried as long as they are promoted

bigfrank

Does anybody know when Killeeshil get their players back from america?

Who all away?heard they not be bk to late sept,prob be bk for gortin in the championship if tyrone win all ireland!! Sorry when they win it :D

Crocodiletears

I think Mickey has plans to call a halt to club football in Tyrone if we win on Sunday, to prevent any injuries in the run up to the final. I feel this is only fair to those clubs who have had to play without the county players, here's hoping for victory on Sunday. What will happen if the game is a draw? ???

sam03/05

Quote from: clarshack on August 17, 2009, 10:38:33 AM
If the next round is starred then i would expect greencastle to beat clan na gael and cookstown to beat killeeshil.

If so, the only game greencastle can really slip up in is away to strabane whereas cookstown have struggled at home this year and could get caught by gortin or derrylaughan. However at this stage i'm gonna say Cookstown will just about win the league (a draw against strabane costing greencastle)

Even if greencastle finish second in the league there's still a good chance they'll go up into Division 1 as cookstown would then be favourites to do the double.

Does anybody know when Killeeshil get their players back from america?.

the next round cant be starred. The quota of starred games has been used up for the season. All remaining games must have county players playing.

Carmen Stateside

If the next round is starred then i would expect greencastle to beat clan na gael and cookstown to beat killeeshil.

If so, the only game greencastle can really slip up in is away to strabane whereas cookstown have struggled at home this year and could get caught by gortin or derrylaughan. However at this stage i'm gonna say Cookstown will just about win the league (a draw against strabane costing greencastle)

Even if greencastle finish second in the league there's still a good chance they'll go up into Division 1 as cookstown would then be favourites to do the double.

Them boys have no notion of going home!!!
In fairness they would be some addition back with their club, they are playing great stuff over here!

Final Whistle

There is a fixture on the 6th September, surely this is starred?

A joke of a set up. >:(

clarshack

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on August 18, 2009, 12:49:51 AM

In fairness they would be some addition back with their club, they are playing great stuff over here!

I heard yesterday that they came home last week but the killeeshil committee decided they couldnt play against derrylaughan due to the bad taste that had been left. are they home or not? personally i think if they were home they would have been playing against derrylaughan no matter what as they badly need points.

amongthebushes

Quote from: clarshack on August 18, 2009, 09:52:56 AM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on August 18, 2009, 12:49:51 AM

I heard yesterday that they came home last week but the killeeshil committee decided they couldnt play against derrylaughan due to the bad taste that had been left. are they home or not? personally i think if they were home they would have been playing against derrylaughan no matter what as they badly need points.

They are not home yet, but are coming home soon, as tyrone NY have more or less qualified for the knock out stages, but are going back out, something to do with timescale of transfer etc.

I dont know why people are making a big fuss over two players (P McMullan & G Reilly), the other players that went were reserve players. Sounds like people like to use players going to the states for the summer as an excuse for a poor set-up! Its not their fault that 8/9 players turn up for training at home, how many managers is that now they have gone through in a short space of time!!

kicking king

Hows everyone fancy the relegation issues to turn out now then after last weekends results?

Think eglish and the lough will be in the bottom 2 and then its just a matter of who finishes 3rd bottom between Aghyran, Kildress, Killyclogher, Coalisland and Trillick.  Its going to be very tight thats for sure!

TonesAbĂș

Can see Aghyaran being the third club. Think we should be safe now, although our game with Coalisland could be very important.

LeoMc

Quote from: kicking king on August 18, 2009, 04:04:52 PM
Hows everyone fancy the relegation issues to turn out now then after last weekends results?

Think eglish and the lough will be in the bottom 2 and then its just a matter of who finishes 3rd bottom between Aghyran, Kildress, Killyclogher, Coalisland and Trillick.  Its going to be very tight thats for sure!

Don't forget Dromore are also on 11 points. Their derby with Trillick and Coalislands game against Eglish, the "games in hand" will have a big bearing on things.

How does relegation work this year with the starred games. Surely it is not just bottom 2 down and thirdd from bottom playing off with the Intermediate runners up?

Archie Mitchell

On the Ardboe website they have it down as the next fixture being Round 13 which is the 5th starred round.