Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glencullrule

Well said EC Unique. But I think the final should be ourselves and Clonoe because everybody detests Dromore, they always appeal something and from what I heard they gave the referee in the semi a while touch after it. Usual antics! Roddy you will agree that if Carmen are out you would like Dromore out also they didnt win it on the field.

kicking king

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 12, 2009, 05:03:17 PM
Quote from: Onthe40 on August 12, 2009, 04:53:00 PM
Quote from: Final Whistle on August 12, 2009, 08:29:01 AM
I think the county teams's non playing panel members have been granted a licence to play this weekend.

Collie Holmes is definitely playing for the Harps on Friday night.

Id be surprised at this...they werent allowed to play last weekend, 2 weeks b4 the Cork game, yet they are allowed to play this weekend - 7 days before the game..
what are "nonplaying "panel members, im sure over the course of the season, 5-10 players from the bench have been used at some point..

no chance of that happening. Holmes may be different as he plays in Armagh. But no chance of some county players playing and some not playing. That would be totally unfair on clubs and would undermine the structures which have been in place all season. so id say there is zero chance of that happening.

I'd say the reaon for this would be that the Harps are playing in the championship and given collie's unique situation MH has obviously made an exception

ziggysego

O'Neill Sportswear Tyrone ACL Div 2
Pld Won Draw Lost For Against Diff Points
Greencastle St. Patrick's 11 10 0 1 156 93 63 20
Cookstown Fr.Rocks  11 9 1 1 172 123 49 19

With 4 more games left in Division 2, it has more of less become a two horse race for promotion between Cookstown and Greencastle.

We're playing Augher on Saturday night and Cookstown are playing Killyman tonight (I think).
Testing Accessibility

020304 Tir Eoghain

have yez played Cookstown yet Ziggy?
Tír Éoghain '03, '05, '08.

clarshack

its probably gonna boil down to what happens between greencastle & clann na gael.

ziggysego

Played Cookstown a few months ago and won. We only lost points to Gortin.... grr! lol

You're right clarshack, the Clann game has me on tender hooks.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Quote from: ziggysego on August 13, 2009, 03:57:05 PM
Played Cookstown a few months ago and won. We only lost points to Gortin.... grr! lol

[/quote

Home and hosed Ziggy.

ziggysego

Everyone, except Greencastle people, thinks that orangeman  :D
Testing Accessibility

020304 Tir Eoghain

Quote from: ziggysego on August 13, 2009, 03:57:05 PM

Ah Ziggy, yez were only trying to help out the neighbours ;)

ziggysego

You're a Gortin man? Argh!!!!  :D

No complaints about that results, Greencastle were awful.
Testing Accessibility

020304 Tir Eoghain

Quote from: ziggysego on August 13, 2009, 04:44:12 PM
You're a Gortin man? Argh!!!!  :D

No complaints about that results, Greencastle were awful.

Nah not a Gortin Man, just happened to go to yourselves V Gortin that day. Everything went wrong for ye that day all
right, but as OM says, home & hosed at this stage :D

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

longrunsthefox

Yo! Ziggy    Sorry for falling over your table today in that cafe and spilling the tea... it was just that stuff about Greencastle playing senior football disoriented me  :o 

DCR

Quote from: Final Whistle on August 13, 2009, 11:01:19 AM
Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on August 13, 2009, 10:24:57 AM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on August 12, 2009, 01:45:28 PM
Lads, were any of you aware of a  rule stating that county minors can not play in the reserve knockouts? I have heard that Carrickmore played a minor, who is no where near the senior squad, in the semi against Dromore last Friday and subsequentley been thrown out of the tournament and the player himself suspended for a month. Neither the club nor the player were aware of such rules. He came on as a sub in the closong minutes and touched the ball twice. Indeed it was his reserve debut. As a result he misses the minor league final tonight!
I am amazed that a club of Carrickmore's stature was not aware of the rule governing county minors palying reserve football.

Shea McGuigan played against the Moy and was the difference between the teams in round one ::) ::) ::)

What was the score in that game? - if S McG was the difference he must be some player.

viiv

Ardboe O'Donovan Rossa 3-14 Moy Tír na nÓg 1-2 

He must be some player