Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCR

Quote from: Wee Roddy on August 12, 2009, 01:45:28 PM
Lads, were any of you aware of a  rule stating that county minors can not play in the reserve knockouts? I have heard that Carrickmore played a minor, who is no where near the senior squad, in the semi against Dromore last Friday and subsequentley been thrown out of the tournament and the player himself suspended for a month. Neither the club nor the player were aware of such rules. He came on as a sub in the closong minutes and touched the ball twice. Indeed it was his reserve debut. As a result he misses the minor league final tonight!
See my post #12115 on Page 808 - 3 July re Derrylaughan v Rock. Some folks thought it was a good idea!
Also I understand that the Rock appeal failed on a technicality but Derrylaughan were still disq for playing young Gervin.

KIDDO 4

Reports suggest that   tempers became a bit frayed at the end of tonight's minor  league final    perhaps WeeRoddy  could care to elaborate or maybe it is only senior  or reservefixtures that he comments  upon.

020304 Tir Eoghain

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on August 12, 2009, 10:21:54 PM
Reports suggest that   tempers became a bit frayed at the end of tonight's minor  league final    perhaps WeeRoddy  could care to elaborate or maybe it is only senior  or reservefixtures that he comments  upon.

Give us your own take on it man, there's always two sides to every story :-[
Tír Éoghain '03, '05, '08.

tyrone exile

yeh thought it was very unsporting of carrickmore to start fighting after the final whistle. however a few omagh fans did jump the wire, i don't know how involved they became in the fighting but surely they should have more sense?
Also i thought caolan daly was to be suspended for a month? seems like over exaggeration.

Whats it all about

Quote from: tyrone exile on August 12, 2009, 10:47:58 PM
yeh thought it was very unsporting of carrickmore to start fighting after the final whistle. however a few omagh fans did jump the wire, i don't know how involved they became in the fighting but surely they should have more sense?Also i thought caolan daly was to be suspended for a month? seems like over exaggeration.

Could have repercussions for both clubs especially if supporters are climbing wire!!

bredaghgael

Regular guest Joe Brolly will be joined this year by fellow Derry man and Antrim Football Manager Liam Bradley,
Armagh's Oisin Mc Conville and Cork's All-Ireland Hurling winning Captain in 1990,RTE Hurling analyst Tomás Mulcahy.
Other guests will be confirmed closer to the event
Throw-in @ 8.30pm and MC for the event will be Jerome Quinn.

Tickets £10 to include entry to a draw for two All-Ireland Hurling Final tickets and two All-Ireland Football Final tickets

Wee Roddy

What a load of crap! Omagh fans did enter the field but to celebrate winning and congratulate their children, brothers, sisters etc. There was one minor incident involving a Carrickmore and Omagh player as the final whistle went but it went no further. The whole Carrickmore team stayed on the field for the presentation and from what I saw it was all handsakes.

As for Caolan Daly playing....................he has received a 3 month suspension, but on the grounds of appeal he was able to play last night. He will wait to next Monday before learning his fate. Did young Girvan get suspended for playing for Derrylaughan. I now know of 2 county minors who played in the reserve championship without a word being said. Ardboe and Clonoe is in fact the final then! Unlucky Dromore!

ceol agus peil

Wee Roddy once again you have your facts wrong! Clonoe are scheduled to play Erigal Ciaran in the Reserve Semi Final tommorow night!
Sent from my iphone

Rocky Mc Guigan

Lads, were any of you aware of a  rule stating that county minors can not play in the reserve knockouts? I have heard that Carrickmore played a minor, who is no where near the senior squad, in the semi against Dromore last Friday and subsequentley been thrown out of the tournament and the player himself suspended for a month. Neither the club nor the player were aware of such rules. He came on as a sub in the closong minutes and touched the ball twice. Indeed it was his reserve debut. As a result he misses the minor league final tonight!
I am amazed that a club of Carrickmore's stature was not aware of the rule governing county minors palying reserve football.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on August 13, 2009, 10:24:57 AM
I am amazed that a club of Carrickmore's stature was not aware of the rule governing county minors palying reserve football.

To be honest, and I am not using this as a cheap pop, so am I. The rule has been in quite a few years, and the CCC regulations that are emailed out at the start of the year are only a few pages long, and fairly straight forward.
It's harsh when you consider that , as per Wee Roddy, the lad hardly touched the ball, but rules are rules etc.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Final Whistle

Shea McGuigan played against the Moy and was the difference between the teams in round one ::) ::) ::)

tyrone exile

Quote from: Wee Roddy on August 13, 2009, 10:16:04 AM
What a load of crap! Omagh fans did enter the field but to celebrate winning and congratulate their children, brothers, sisters etc. There was one minor incident involving a Carrickmore and Omagh player as the final whistle went but it went no further. The whole Carrickmore team stayed on the field for the presentation and from what I saw it was all handsakes.

As for Caolan Daly playing....................he has received a 3 month suspension, but on the grounds of appeal he was able to play last night. He will wait to next Monday before learning his fate. Did young Girvan get suspended for playing for Derrylaughan. I now know of 2 county minors who played in the reserve championship without a word being said. Ardboe and Clonoe is in fact the final then! Unlucky Dromore!

Now what a load of crap, isn't surprising your trying to brush it under the carpet, the boys who ran onto the pitch beside me didn't do it on the intentions of congratulating the omagh boys, i think they made there intentions clear before it, infact one had to be  called back by an older member of the club. it started off with just one incident but ended in a few, id have to congratulate the omagh players with keeping their cool and not getting dragged down into it.

tyrone86

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 13, 2009, 10:53:56 AM

To be honest, and I am not using this as a cheap pop, so am I. The rule has been in quite a few years, and the CCC regulations that are emailed out at the start of the year are only a few pages long, and fairly straight forward.
It's harsh when you consider that , as per Wee Roddy, the lad hardly touched the ball, but rules are rules etc.

In fairness, the County Minors playing Reserve Championship regulation was only introduced this year - until now it was U21 and Senior only. Mistakes can occur on occasion - however a 3 month suspension for the lad in question is completely excessive.

Rocky Mc Guigan

I would imagine the suspension will be lifted- the fault lies with the ineptitude of the administrators- in a club which has administrators who know the rule book inside out this is a major embarrassment-

EC Unique

Quote from: Wee Roddy on August 13, 2009, 10:16:04 AM

Don't forget about poor wee Errigal Wee Roddy!  :D  When I read this I was trying to think if we had played any and as far as i know we have not.