Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wee Roddy

??? ??? What the fluff is the purpose of this rule? How many county minors actually make their senior team I wonder? I know it is just the reserve knockout but to some lads this is what they are training for all year. I simply cannot understand this rule.

orangeman

Quote from: Wee Roddy on August 12, 2009, 02:01:31 PM
??? ??? What the fluff is the purpose of this rule? How many county minors actually make their senior team I wonder? I know it is just the reserve knockout but to some lads this is what they are training for all year. I simply cannot understand this rule.

Something to do with player burn out I heard.

viiv

Rule 12 CCC regs.

Players who play in the current year Inter-County Under 21 AND MINOR Championship and / or Inter-County Senior Championship and / or the Adult Championship within the County are not eligible to play in the Reserve Knockout Competition.

mick999

It's in the 2009 Tyrone CCC Regulations :

http://www.tyronegaa.ie/download/2009%20Tyrone%20C.C.C.%20Regulations1.doc?id=NzA=

12.    Players who play in the current year Inter-County Under 21 AND MINOR Championship and / or Inter-County Senior Championship and / or the Adult Championship within the County are not eligible to play in the Reserve Knockout Competition.

redcard

Quote from: ceol agus peil on July 03, 2009, 10:52:06 PM
Tiernan Mc Cann from Killyclogher lined out for Tyrone minors at wing half back this year and also played for killyclogher reserves last night against Carrickmore. Would this have been a subject of debate had Carrickmore won?
Quote from: Wee Roddy on August 12, 2009, 01:45:28 PM
Lads, were any of you aware of a  rule stating that county minors can not play in the reserve knockouts? I have heard that Carrickmore played a minor, who is no where near the senior squad, in the semi against Dromore last Friday and subsequentley been thrown out of the tournament and the player himself suspended for a month. Neither the club nor the player were aware of such rules. He came on as a sub in the closong minutes and touched the ball twice. Indeed it was his reserve debut. As a result he misses the minor league final tonight!

there was a discussion about this rule in early july roddy ironically involving carrickmore

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=12.12120

TonesAbĂș

In all fairness youse should have been aware of the rules. But suspending the lad for a month forcing him to miss a league final is an absolute disgrace. He must be absolutely distraught.

LeoMc

Lads, were any of you aware of a  rule stating that county minors can not play in the reserve knockouts? I have heard that Carrickmore played a minor, who is no where near the senior squad, in the semi against Dromore last Friday and subsequentley been thrown out of the tournament and the player himself suspended for a month. Neither the club nor the player were aware of such rules. He came on as a sub in the closong minutes and touched the ball twice. Indeed it was his reserve debut. As a result he misses the minor league final tonight!

If this is not appealed does that let Dromore back in or is Friday nights game between Clonoe and Errigal now effectively the final?

tyrone86

Quote from: LeoMc on August 12, 2009, 04:43:30 PM

If this is not appealed does that let Dromore back in or is Friday nights game between Clonoe and Errigal now effectively the final?

I'd imagine that if the Rock didn't get back in after Derrylaughan beat them in the Reserve Intermediate under the same regulation (as was suggested earlier in the thread), then consistency would dictate that Errigal v Clonoe is indeed 'the final'

Onthe40

Quote from: Final Whistle on August 12, 2009, 08:29:01 AM
I think the county teams's non playing panel members have been granted a licence to play this weekend.

Collie Holmes is definitely playing for the Harps on Friday night.

Id be surprised at this...they werent allowed to play last weekend, 2 weeks b4 the Cork game, yet they are allowed to play this weekend - 7 days before the game..
what are "nonplaying "panel members, im sure over the course of the season, 5-10 players from the bench have been used at some point..

sam03/05

Quote from: Onthe40 on August 12, 2009, 04:53:00 PM
Quote from: Final Whistle on August 12, 2009, 08:29:01 AM
I think the county teams's non playing panel members have been granted a licence to play this weekend.

Collie Holmes is definitely playing for the Harps on Friday night.

Id be surprised at this...they werent allowed to play last weekend, 2 weeks b4 the Cork game, yet they are allowed to play this weekend - 7 days before the game..
what are "nonplaying "panel members, im sure over the course of the season, 5-10 players from the bench have been used at some point..

no chance of that happening. Holmes may be different as he plays in Armagh. But no chance of some county players playing and some not playing. That would be totally unfair on clubs and would undermine the structures which have been in place all season. so id say there is zero chance of that happening.

Final Whistle

wouldn't it be better to release the likes of Gareth Devlin, Raymond Mulgrew, Niall Gormley as their teams try and survive or reach promotion???

Game time=competitiveness!!!

Thats what has been mooted this week, a lot of players are coming under serious pressure from inside their own clubs!

Archie Mitchell

Regarding the Reserve championship and playing of county minors, I heard that Ardboe got threw out for playing Shay McGuigan in the reserve win v Moy. Obviously wasn't the case as Clonoe defeated Ardboe last night in the reserve championship.

sam03/05

Quote from: Final Whistle on August 12, 2009, 05:26:48 PM
wouldn't it be better to release the likes of Gareth Devlin, Raymond Mulgrew, Niall Gormley as their teams try and survive or reach promotion???

Game time=competitiveness!!!

Thats what has been mooted this week, a lot of players are coming under serious pressure from inside their own clubs!

yes I agree it would be a good idea. In fact I think all county players should have been allowed to play last week as nothing beats competive games.
However to change the rules half way through a season would be a farce. The starred games have been agreed on from the start of the year and everyone has been aware of them. Anyway how do you define what player can play and what cant. What if two teams were playing say Clann na Gael and Cookstown and Mulgrew could play but Dooher/O'Neill could not then it would be an unfair advantage. It has to be the same rules across the board.
There is no chance of this happening to be honest.

ceol agus peil

Omagh are leading Carrickmore by 2 points - 7 min into the 2nd half
Sent from my iphone

ceol agus peil

Sent from my iphone