Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

When will the Championship games be played if Tyrone get beat?

atthegap

Just wanted to get the general opinion on ticket distribution in everyones club for Tyrone games?
What way do your club sort out giving them out?
My club seem to operate very much behind closed doors. I play for the clubs senior team and maybe it is a bit naive of me to think that I would deserve a decent ticket.
I understand that there are people in the club who deserve the better tickets i.e committee, coaches etc. But year in yearout the feeling is always the same that the one or 2 in charge of tickets sort out friends and family first and then give whatever is left to the rest.
I would be very much in favour of a totally transparent system where the tickets are given out on merit and a draw taking place in front of everyone. I have a feeling that if todays system was unveiled to the club members, there would be a few disgruntled people seeing who's getting tickets for where.
My club is Beragh

orangeman

Quote from: atthegap on August 01, 2009, 09:01:39 AM
Just wanted to get the general opinion on ticket distribution in everyones club for Tyrone games?
My club seem to operate very much behind closed doors. I play for the clubs senior team and maybe it is a bit naive of me to think that I would deserve a decent ticket.
I understand that there are people in the club who deserve the better tickets i.e committee, coaches etc. But year in yearout the feeling is always the same that the one or 2 in charge of tickets sort out friends and family first and then give whatever is left to the rest.
I would be very much in favour of a totally transparent system where the tickets are given out on merit and a draw taking place in front of everyone. I have a feeling that if todays system was unveiled to the club members, there would be a few disgruntled people seeing who's getting tickets for where.
My club is Beragh

Tickets I understand were of poor enough "quality" for this week's match and that's not the clubs' fault. What happened this week is that clubs put in an order of say 100 -200 tickets. Croke Park, county boards, county panel members, season tickt holders, combo packages, take a large % of the so called better seats which leaves the ordinary club member (who is depending on getting sorted by their clubs ) to get what has been given to them by the county board. Tyrone clubs seem to have received an awful lot of "corner" seats. Family seats are mostly behind the goals. The Hill is not open for this weeks match.
In addition Croke Park at the start of the week took a decision not to sell any upper deck seats until lower deck seats were all sold, forcing competing counties to sell through the clubs, tickets that are maybe not as good as some of the upper deck tickets.

Not much the clubs or county boards can do about it and inevitably there ae people in clubs who might feel aggrieved that their ticket isn't as good as they were hoping for. Clubs only get a small number of middle of the hogan / cusack tickets. And when the chairman / secretary / treasurer / committee get sorted, there's not many good ones if any left.

But come AI final day, isn't every ticket regardless of where it is, a good ticket ?

sam03/05

to be honest
there are no bad tickets for croke park
you have a good view from everywhere

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: atthegap on August 01, 2009, 09:01:39 AM
My club is Beragh

http://www.owenroe-leckpatrick.ie/PolicyDocuments/TicketAllocationGuidelines.doc

Our club operates a ticket guideline policy which works fairly well I believe. It means that the trustees, committee, players and 'workers' get first crack at the better tickets, and then this filters down to the rest of the applicants then. Usually the sec, chairperson and AN other (Vice chair or whoever is available) decide who gets what.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Gaffer

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 01, 2009, 02:16:53 PM
to be honest

Some views are alot better than others to be fair

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

KIDDO 4

TYRONE FIXTURES 4th AUG TO 9th AUG

Tuesday 4 Aug 7:30PM unless stated
O'Neill's ACL Div 3 Rd 14 – 6.45pm & 8pm
Aghaloo v Brackaville             

O'Neills ACL Div 2 Reserve re-fixture
Eskra v Pomeroy

U21 Grade 2
Rd 1: Greencastle v Rock

WJ Dolan Reserve Senior Football Championship Q/F (et if required)
Errigal Ciaran v Kildress

WJ Dolan Reserve Junior Football Championship Rd 1(et if required)
Derrytresk v Clogher
Castlederg v Beragh

U21 K/O – first named teams at home (et if required) Grade 1
Clonoe v An Charrig Mhor

U21 K/O – first named teams at home (et if required) Grade 3
Owen Roes v Aghyaran
Fintona v Tattyreagh

Wednesday 5 Aug 7:30PM unless stated
O'Neill's Tyrone HL
Eire Og v Eoghan Ruadh

WJ Dolan Reserve Intermediate Football Championship S/F's (et if required)
Strabane v Augher @ Killyclogher

Thurs 6th Aug 7.30pm
WJ Dolan Reserve Junior Football Championship (et if required)
Drumquin v Errigal Ciaran III

Fri 7 August 7:30pm (et if required)
WJ Dolan Reserve Senior Football Championship Q/F (et if required)
Clonoe v Ardboe

WJ Dolan Reserve Senior Football Championship S/F (et if required)
An Charrig Mhor v Dromore @ Drumragh

WJ Dolan Reserve Intermediate Football Championship S/F (et if required)
Greencastle v Killyman @ Kildress

WJ Dolan Reserve Junior Football Championship Rd 1 (et if required)
Brackaville v Dregish
Tattyreagh v Fintona
Glenelly v Dungannon
Brocagh v Aghaloo
Newtownstewart v Owen Roes
O'Neill's ACL Div 2 Rd 7 – starred
Moortown v Cookstown* senior only

U21 K/O – first named teams at home (et if required) Grade 1
Errigal Ciaran v Derrylaughan

Jim Devlin League Cup Rd 2 (7:30pm):
Aghyaran v Trillick

Sat 8 August O'Neill's Tyrone HL 6:30PM
Cappagh Gaels v Eoghan Ruadh
Naomh ColumCille v Shamrocks

O'Neill's ACL Div 3 Rd 14
Errigal Ciaran III v Castlederg 5.30pm & 6.45pm

Sunday 9 August 2:15 & 3:45pm
O'Neill's ACL Div 1 Rd 9 – starred
Donaghmore v Clonoe
Dromore v An Charraig Mhor
Eglish v Ardboe
Errigal Ciaran v Aghyaran
Galbally v Loughmacrory
Kildress v Moy
Killyclogher v Omagh
Trillick v Coalisland

O'Neill's ACL Div 2 Rd 7 – starred
Killyman v Strabane
Eskra v Edendork
Gortin v Augher
Greencastle v Derrylaughan
Killeeshil v Clann na nGael
Moortown v Cookstown* reserve only
Pomeroy v Stewartstown
Rock v Urney

O'Neill's ACL Div 3 Rd 14
Brockagh v Glenelly
Drumquin v Dregish
Drumragh v Derrytresk
Dungannon v Tattyreagh
ER O'Neills v Clogher
Newtownstewart v Beragh

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: Gaffer on August 01, 2009, 09:54:19 PM
Quote from: sam03/05 on August 01, 2009, 02:16:53 PM
to be honest

Some views are alot better than others to be fair

Agreed. Although I watched the whole of Cork v Donegal and first half of Tyrone v Kildare from row D of 330 in the Hogan, I was happy enough, until I went well back up for 2nd half of Tyrone game (there were a few empty seats back up). You really need to be at least AA to get a good view of the whole pitch.

Where I was you were close and got good view of one half, but it wasn't tara for the other half. Your view often gets obstructed, often by the management teams! Plus sitting on the edge of the row is a pain in the hole. Hold the bladder and starvation until half time people!!!
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

kicking king

Posted by: sam03/05 
to be honest

There defo are some bad seats - like the one i had on sunday, front row of the hogan on the 21 - as soon as the ball went over the half way line i had to look up to my left and watch the action on the big screen!

orangeman

Quote from: kicking king on August 04, 2009, 11:58:35 AM
Posted by: sam03/05 
to be honest

There defo are some bad seats - like the one i had on sunday, front row of the hogan on the 21 - as soon as the ball went over the half way line i had to look up to my left and watch the action on the big screen!

On the 3rd sunday in september, if tyrone are in it, I'd be delighted with it.

tyroneboi

Aghaloo 2-10 Brackaville 4-08 in tonights Junior League game. First league defeat of the season for Aghaloo.

KIDDO 4

WJ Dolan U21 FC Draws as follows
WJ Dolan Grade 1 S/F Draw – neutral venues
Coalisland / Augher v Errigal Ciaran / Derrylaughan
Clonoe v Omagh / Moortown

WJ Dolan Grade 2 S/F Draw – first named at home
Greencastle v Loughmacrory
Gortin v Pomeroy

WJ Dolan Grade 3 S/F Draw – neutral venues
Derrytresk v Owen Roes
Tattyreagh v Beragh / Brackaville

wdusln

aghyaran beat owen roes tonight in u-21. 1.12 to 9 points

longball

Squeaky bum time in the ACL now.
Surly some of the Tyrone panel should be available ot play for their clubs this weekend, its an important weekend and the likes of Stewartown, Killyclogher, Lochmacrory, Augher would all appreciate having their players available since they not getting any action for Tyrone.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

EC Unique

Errigal beat Derrylaughan in U21s lastnight by 10 or 11 points.