Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

QuoteWhys Gerard Cavlan not named on the bench even for the dublin match

If this was last years league game in Omagh that question probably wouldn't even be asked.  Just cos its a sell-out under lights everybody is at fever pitch like its a championship game.

realredhandfan

Tyrone times - Puke punditry: Kevin Hughes the bane of Tyrone football, has a new partner in crime this week. ;)

tyroneman

QuoteIf this was last years league game in Omagh that question probably wouldn't even be asked

and whats wrong with asking the question now?????? after Cavlans last showing he deserved a spot on the bench at least, injury permitting

Fuzzman

Lads can you fill me in a bit more on Colm Donnelly

Who does he play for?
Whats his best position?
What height is he?
Is he fast?
Does he score much?
Did he play U-21 & minor?
Anything else?

Still no word on Calvo?
Hope he didnt have an argument with Mickey.

Over the Bar

Colm Donnelly plays for Clonoe I think.  Mickey's giving him a run-out as a favour to his old mate Beefer Morrisson ;)

Over the Bar

Quoteand whats wrong with asking the question now??? after Cavlans last showing he deserved a spot on the bench at least, injury permitting

Nothing wrong at all Tyroneman however Mickeys obviously experimenting with different ideas ahead of the real business.  Mickey knows as well as we do that Cavlans is a class act but wants to try fresh ideas.  "Deserving a spot on the bench" isn't league talk, it's championship.  I don't give 2 hoots who mickey plays and where he plays them in the league, so long he has the right the formula in place come the summer - and he will!

Norf Tyrone

Ask the expert in today's Gaelic Life was a bit far fetched do you not think  ;)
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

sam03/05

Thought Mulgrew had an excellent game for Tyrone last night. Hardly misplaced a pass, scored two excellent points (the second of which was superb), and covered back and tackled really well. Just looks like a class act.

ziggysego

After the first half last night, I just thought "Great, Dr. McKenna Cup hype again". However they pulled it together in the second half and claimed an amazing win on a historic night for the GAA. Yes, wasn't the prettiest game of football, but it is February and the first round of the National League.
Testing Accessibility

sam03/05

Its hard to see who Mickey is going to drop - given that he has to get rid of about 10-12 players. Although Donnelly and Murphy did themselves no favours last night. I heard that big Rouse was supposed to start last night but had a complete shocker in the training session at Croker last Tuesday night - this led the way for Donnelly to start. Mickey had played his full starting team  (v the rest) with the only change being Donnelly for Rouse come sat night. Bit of a shame as im sure he could have caused a few problems. probably nerves got the better of him. Anyway Donnelly is no full forward in my opinion, not even at club level.

goal and a point

Any word on stewartstown v ballymacnab

never kickt a ball

Bally won 1-9 to 1-5. Report in tyrone herald. Appears Stewartstown had 4 sent off including Fergal Logan

Norf Tyrone

Yip I believe Stewartstown might be shy of a player or two when the season starts. Young Gareth Devlin was another red carded.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Over the Bar

Did anyone manage to record the game on Sat night?

never kickt a ball

Everyone else is doing it. Should we start a Tyrone v Fermanagh thread??