Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Any word on the Tyrone team yet? When is it been announced?

goal and a point

Not named until training tonight -i hear conor gormley maybe in line to start

tieroan

I said on here a fortnight ago that Conor would likely start. The girl that told me is Miss Carrickmore who is rarley wrong on these things. I know he has been training with some young lads about Carmen as well as Tyrone

Over the Bar

QuoteThe girl that told me is Miss Carrickmore who is rarley wrong on these things

They have a beauty pageant in carmen then??

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Over the Bar on February 01, 2007, 05:33:38 PM
QuoteThe girl that told me is Miss Carrickmore who is rarley wrong on these things

They have a beauty pageant in carmen then??

:D :D :D
things have changed then??

goal and a point

I would assume all the blanks can be filled in at this stage

Aghyaran- Mark Henry
An Charriag Mhor- Dominic Corrigan
Ardboe- Roger Keenan
Coalisland- Leo Quinn and Stevie Hughes
Cookstown -
Donaghmore- Joe Faloon
Dromore- Noel McGinn
Errigal Ciaran -
Galbally- Paddy Tally
Killeeshil- Peter Baynes and Ollie Kelly 
Killyclogher- Tony Collins
Omagh- Tiffy Quinn/ McCaffrey

Clann na nGael- Ciaran McLaughlin
Clonoe- John Morrison
Derrylaughan -
Dungannon – Art and Jody Kelly
Edendork -
Gortin -
Kildress -
Loughmacrory- Paddy McGuigan
Moy- Peter McArdle and Quinie Mallon
Pomeroy -
Stewartstown -
Trillick- Pat McNabb

Aghaloo -
Augher- Barry Grimes
Brocagh – Malachy Coyle
Drumquin – Sean Donnelly (Trillick)
Eglish -
Eskra- Eamon Kavanagh
Fintona-Dermot McGuigan and Paul Reid
Greencastle – Sean Teague
Killyman -
Moortown-Fred McVey
Strabane- Liam Sweeney
Urney- Gerry Corry and Martin Morgan

Beragh – Palor McNulty
Brackaville – Shay Mckeown and Big Audi
Castlederg- John Lynch
Clogher- Stephen Quinn/ McCaughey
Derrytresk- Barney Campbell and Patsy Hanna
Dregish – Martin Timmoney
Drumragh- Seamus Woods
Glenelly- Sean O'Kane
Newtownstewart -
Owen Roes- Gerard Porter
Rock -
Tattyreagh- Declan Armstrong

goal and a point

Whtas the views on the tyrone team - interesting - Harte always has a few surprises

loughshore lad

Quote from: loughshore lad on February 02, 2007, 09:28:58 AM
I detect some bewilderment from quite a few of my fellow Tyrone posters regarding the team selection for Saturday night. Like I stated in an earlier post there was no guarantee Rouse would start, you should never assume anything with Mickey Harte and dont be so sure about him going down the route of the big full forward - he will do his usual thing i.e. analyse the players available and come up with what he thinks is the best system to get the optimum level of performance out of them.
For all the excellent attributes Mickey Harte brings to the table as a manager one of the ones he has that opens him to criticism at times is fierce loyalty to his players. He does seem to rate certain players that the vast majority of Tyrones footballing followers are not so sure about such as Penrose, Murphy, Cormac McGinley etc.
I will be very interested to see how Penrose, Murphy, Colm Cavanagh and Mulgrew perform on saturday night. I am not sure about Penrose or Murphy I have seen both play at club and county on a number of occasions and to be honest neither strike me as being up to this level.
Mulgrew has potential and been different class at underage level but the step up is massive - I remember Mcguigan telling me it took him 2 years to adopt.
Colm Cavanagh has potential too and deserves a chance the main thing I would be worried about with him is he could go down the road of Sean and get too greedy unwilling to part with the ball.
Definitely think Tommy should have started, in my opinion he is further ahead of both Mulgew and Cavanagh in his football development and is a better option at the moment.
However this is an excellent chance for those who have been kicking around the panel for a while to really push themselves into serious contention. They could not ask for a better opportunity playing in front of a packed croker

nrico2006

Definitelt agree with you.  M Murphy shouldnt be near the team, although I think Penrose has potential.  Mulgrew has undoubted class and when he bulks up a bit at 21/22 he will be a class act.  I also hope Peter Donnelly is never seen in a Tyrone jersey again, so over-rated.  He lacks skill and speed, to essential qualities.  Will never forget the sight of him chasing after a Louth man last year, struggling at what must have been his full pace - he made Peter Crouch look quicker than Maurice Greene
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

uselessfootballer

nrico, I remember that, it was a Louth half-back, ran the length of the pitch and scored, Donnelly never got within 10 yards of him, pure while-looking.

Maybe Harte is going to view Rouse as a sort of a plan B, when things need shaking up.
He may also feel that Rouse in particular of the new guys from the McKenna Cup was geting a wee bit over-hyped and he just wanted to cool it down.

Some boys have commented on the match thread that Mugsy shouldn't be at 11, whilst I think there is the obvious potential that he has named mugsy and Donnelly in each others positions and they will simply switch come throw-in, I thought Mugsy had a good game (particularly 1st half) at 11 against Derry.

nrico2006

Yeah, think it was their right half back.  Fair enough if someones quicker than you, but Donnelly as you said was 'while looking'.  I remember cringing with embarassment.  He looked so unfit for an inter-county footballer.  I cant remember if it was that game or the Derry one where he hit a shot and it must have hit a cloud - but anyway the ball ended up going back towards his own goal.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Over the Bar

goal and a point

has the tyrone panel been cut. i heard there were a few people told yesterday morning they would nt be required but didnt hear who

nrico2006

Donnelly was u-21 captain, he must be a great motivator because it wasnt for his footballing skills.  Anyone hear who was dropped then?  Whys Gerard Cavlan not named on the bench even for the dublin match

uselessfootballer

I had heard last week from one of the trialists that they had been told that there would be no reduction until after the McKenna cup.
They had been told that the panel would increase in the interim to take in the returning longterm injuries and the few players who had played their McKenna cup football elsewhere. Plans where for a 40+ panel to travel to Dublin although only 30 could be named.