Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClosetotheHarte

Lots of plus points from Sat night, on top of the result. Mulgrew and Cavanagh Junior were the real bonuses and Dermy Carlin's showing was also very satisfying. Those three pleased me the most, particularly Mulgrew and I'm looking forward to his continued progress in 07.
The second half was very enjoyable for a Tyrone supporter. The way the team lifted their game and took complete control (after a disappointing enough 1st half) was a great sign for the rest of the year. The hunger's back and the vibes are good. Sean and Mugsy both put in a big second half and the Subs made a big difference. Some might say otherwise but I thought it was a great game for this time of year and I went home a very happy Tyrone fan, but not one who is getting carried away as such.
I'd hoped for a bit more from Murphy and Donnelly but I still think Donnelly can come good. The problem is that with so many alternatives in the squad players won't get too many chances to show what they can do. I don't think there has ever been as much squad competition in Tyrone as now and I don't know how MH is going to give everybody games to prove themselves. He has a nice problem just now.

Windmill abu

Ricey has received a 4 week suspensionfor his red card against Dublin. He will miss the Fermanagh game the away game to Cork, the McKenna Cup semi-final & if Tyrone win, then the McKenna Cup Final as well. He will be available for the Home game against Donegal on 11 March
Never underestimate the power of complaining

realredhandfan

ziggysego

The venue of Greencastle's All-Ireland Junior Semi-Final against Killala of Mayo has been changed from Breffini Park, Co. Cavan to Markievicz Park, Co. Sligo.

The game remains at 2pm on Sunday 18th February, with Extra Time if necessary.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

All pictures from Greencastle's Dinner Dance are now available to see on our website.  ;D
Testing Accessibility

KIDDO

Tuesday night ,saw the county board meeting in Carrickmore confirm thatE-Ciarian will field a third team in division 3 of the all county  league in 2007,  with Killyclogher official Donal Magee  appointed as the county cultural officer , defeating Eugene mc Connell , Clogher 41, to 13 ,in the vote.

realredhandfan

Eugene Mc Connell now paying the price for being a long term ignoramus.  Is there anywhere else he can go in the county board now?

KIDDO

Tyrone defeated Donegal 4.6, to 1.12 , in the ulster vocational schools  first round at Irvinestown this afternoon , with AllIreland final referee from 2006 , Brian Crowe, the ref

ziggysego

Greencastle Seniors won Team of the Year at last night's Ulster Herald Lairdesign Sport Awards. Hope to have a few pictures up on the Greencastle website before the end of the day.
Testing Accessibility

sam03/05

Owen Mulligans boots that he scored that goal in, sold for thirty thousand last night at the Cookstwon Fr Rocks Gala Dinner.

Over the Bar

QuoteOwen Mulligans boots that he scored that goal in, sold for thirty thousand last night at the Cookstwon Fr Rocks Gala Dinner.

Are you serious?

sam03/05

yeah 30k for his boots, bought by Barney Eastwood. They made about 55k from the auction alone.

Tyrones own

Maybe that 30k could go towards helping to enclose the unfinished end of Croke Park,
The boots quietened the hill before, just maybe they could play a small part in quietening it for good  :D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

snappiered

Any word of Tyrones teams in the Ulster Senior League yesterday?

Norf Tyrone

Anyone got the Setanta schedule for the NL handy, and in particular what Tyrone games are on?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone