Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new devil

Quote from: hardstation on October 26, 2007, 10:42:42 PM
Quote from: KIDDO on October 26, 2007, 10:37:55 PM
Coalisland defeated killeeshill 1.12, to 1.5 ,  in the league tonight at the Mid Ulster sports arena in Cookstown , with the dismissal of Gerald Toner  leaving him missing the commencement of theTyrone u21 championship . which gets underway on Nov 15th.
Is he not about 24, or am I thinking of the wrong boy?

Yea your right HS....it must of been his younger brother Phillip

new devil

Dont think brian is u21,but could be wrong

Aaron Boone

St Vincents of Marino are in with a chance of winning both the Dublin hurling & football this year. Surely it's not a feat that has been done in many counties? Only one I could think of was Carrickmore some recent year in Tyrone. Not many counies have clubs that are in pretty good in both codes. Think of big football clubs like Ballina, Portlaoise & Nemo, what's their hurling like? Nowt.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: orangeman on October 26, 2007, 10:16:21 PM
Just that Augher are complaining bitterly that they had to play the match in the first instance - apparently they're even more put out because they have no fixture this weekend - one of their players got a bad eye injury as well - so ugher are not happy campers at the minute - they are threatening to withdraw all services and cooperation from the county board - somebody will have to stand up to the CCC sometime - it looks like Augher are going to be the first.

Have heard that Fintona's gala ball is on next saturday with games fixed for Sunday and who are they due to play...none other than Augher!!  I would imagine that Fintona will be looking this game changed and was speaking to a few augher guys during the week who said they would be more that happy to accomodate fintona by playing the game early on the Saturday.  The augher lads claim they dont want to ruin fintona's night like their was ruined  :-\
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

orangeman

Moortown are complaining bitterly as well this weekend that they're playing Eglish  -
Why can't we have in place procedures totake account of gala dinners / holidays etc ?

Forget about weddings / stag parties  - you can't legislate for these and shouldn't be taken into account.

Tyrone Dreamer

Its just as well some of you guys arent in charge of fixtures in Tyrone. Theyd have to play one season over a 2 year period to accomadate the number of matches theyd have to move/cancel. Every week now you's are complaining about multiple games being fixed for a certain day. If a games on a Sunday you's are complaining that people have stuff on the night before etc. If they move to a Saturday you's complain that people have to work etc. If its a Friday night you's complain about the distance of the match and people coming home from Belfast/Dublin etc. I know the fixture makers get it wrong from time to time but the complaints are starting to get out of hand.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on October 27, 2007, 11:34:46 AM
Its just as well some of you guys arent in charge of fixtures in Tyrone. Theyd have to play one season over a 2 year period to accomadate the number of matches theyd have to move/cancel. Every week now you's are complaining about multiple games being fixed for a certain day. If a games on a Sunday you's are complaining that people have stuff on the night before etc. If they move to a Saturday you's complain that people have to work etc. If its a Friday night you's complain about the distance of the match and people coming home from Belfast/Dublin etc. I know the fixture makers get it wrong from time to time but the complaints are starting to get out of hand.

Agree with TD. The fixture's seem worse than usual this year, with little logic in some of the decisions, but some people seem to complain about their fixture every week. Last week the CC made us play Rock, which we thought was unfair. Them Rock boys are better than us, and we hoped to get the game moved to Wednesday at 11am.

Aside. I think that when the fixtures are laid out at the start of the season, every side should be allowed to  request one postponement. This postponement should be used to facilitate a wedding, dinner dance, gala dinner etc. and should be policed (Can I say policed on here??), so that Clubs provide proof etc. In other words they can't say there is a wedding on, just because 6 players are injured or what have you! Bar one postponement per team every game MUST go ahead when the CCC states, unless both sides come to a mutual agreement in conjunction with the ref's board to move the fixture to an EARLIER date, or within 24 hours of the previous date. The only other exception is due to a death, and this too should be policed so that only parents of players or committee, current members etc are covered. Might be harsh sometimes, but it has to be fair.

In addition the CCC should not fix games at the same time as Hurling or ladies football (Championship only), especially in today's world of integration.

The above sounds well in theory, but not too sure if it's practically possible.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

hoopsaaa

With 10 mins to go Kildress were beating Pomeroy by 4 points.

KIDDO

Dromore defeated Aygharan  0.16, to 0.11, in the league this afternoonat Dromore.

KIDDO

Carrickmore2.13, E-ciaran 2.7 , was the scoreline in the u16 grade 1 league replay this afternoon .

phpearse

Galbally defeated Errigal in the league this afternoon 1-13 to 0-13. Peter and Pascal Canavan playing their last competitve fixtures in Galbally (for the reserves), with both set to retire from club football this year.

tyrone exile

hoopsaaa

I think that is Kildress strait up and the Lough into a playoff.

tyrone exile

hoopsaaa

I was at both Lough/Kildress games this year. Both well worth the £4. I think the Lough are a bit unfortuante to be in the playoffs. Two defeats at the hands of Gortin are proving expensive.