Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

clarshack

think they need another win to be sure - brocagh at home as they wont beat greencastle away.

orangeman

It's more or less certain today - what happened Moy today ? Only scored two points - have the suspensions started yet arising out of the Sevens competition ?

Redhandfan

Quote from: orangeman on October 28, 2007, 09:39:51 PM
It's more or less certain today - what happened Moy today ? Only scored two points - have the suspensions started yet arising out of the Sevens competition ?

No suspensions, but we had ten first team regulars unavailable today for a variety of reasons.  We had a number of players making their senior debuts, including two of our U-16 players!!!  The game obviously meant more to Dungannon who arrived with a squad of 25 men, although there was no Gerard Cavlan.

I caught the second half of the big Division 2 Top of the Table clash between Eglish and Moortown.  The loughshore side, with the front and back Lawn both playing, were leading 0-3 to 0-2 at half-time.  Eglish played with wind advantage in the second half and slowly edged their way in front by the midway point.  Moortown then lost their discipline and had two players sent off in separate incidents.  Eglish took advantage by going four up approaching the end of normal time and also had a man sent off in the closing stages.  The drama continued in injury-time when Moortown grabbed a goal to reduce the deficit to a point and actually had a good opportunity to draw level just before the final whistle.  A relieved Eglish held out, however, for a vital win.  Brendan Donnelly at CHB and Conall Martin at MF both featured prominently for the winners.  It was a hard fought contest played in front of a large attendance.  Eglish had a large and vocal home support but there were many neutrals present as well.  Shane Dorrity (Coalisland) was the referee.

Well done to Errigal Ciaran ladies on their victory over a hugely experienced Donaghmoyne side in the Ulster Club Final.  This is a fantastic achievement.  I saw them earlier in the season, when they came to play our own ladies team in Division One of the Tyrone league, and was very impressed with their all round speed and strength.  Tiffy Quinn was managing them that night and has obviously done a brilliant job in steering them to an Ulster title.

orangeman

What happened the sendings off in Eglish ? Was it two yellows all the time or straight reds ?

orangeman

Did I read that Castlederg supported invaded the pitch ? Did they win something ?

snappiered

Quote from: orangeman on October 27, 2007, 11:54:03 PM
Snap - who would you prefer ?

No real preference Orangeman. Only only preference is to make it to Div 1. We have an extra game now aganist Trillick. We led yday 1-7 to 0-3. The reds kept plugging away and prob shaded it over the hour although we gave away a few soft goals.

healypark

Quote from: snappiered on October 29, 2007, 08:42:50 AM
Quote from: orangeman on October 27, 2007, 11:54:03 PM
Snap - who would you prefer ?

No real preference Orangeman. Only only preference is to make it to Div 1. We have an extra game now aganist Trillick. We led yday 1-7 to 0-3. The reds kept plugging away and prob shaded it over the hour although we gave away a few soft goals.

Snap - caught your game agn Trillick. agreed on the goals, still got more scores than them. was the edge taken off lough with kildress winning. would have tipped lough to win especially at home. we've still got one game left. don't think killeshill have any. interesting games ahead for all teams.

clarshack

Quote from: hardstation on October 28, 2007, 11:23:34 PM
QuoteWe had a number of players making their senior debuts, including two of our U-16 players!!!
Is this not against the rules?

certainly is now! gareth devlin played for our seniors in 2004 when he was u-16 but i think that was the last year in which it was legal.

healypark

Quote from: Redhandfan on October 28, 2007, 11:20:24 PM
Quote from: orangeman on October 28, 2007, 09:39:51 PM

Well done to Errigal Ciaran ladies on their victory over a hugely experienced Donaghmoyne side in the Ulster Club Final.  This is a fantastic achievement.  I saw them earlier in the season, when they came to play our own ladies team in Division One of the Tyrone league, and was very impressed with their all round speed and strength.  Tiffy Quinn was managing them that night and has obviously done a brilliant job in steering them to an Ulster title.

well done to tiffy quinn. think that's minor & ladies double at ulster club level for him.  

snappiered

Snap - caught your game agn Trillick. agreed on the goals, still got more scores than them. was the edge taken off lough with kildress winning. would have tipped lough to win especially at home. we've still got one game left. don't think killeshill have any. interesting games ahead for all teams.
[/quote]

Na edge wasnt taken off us we like we rached into an 8 point lead. Conceeded a soft goal before ht and dropped the heads. What you think of the standard healypark? Yous or Killeshil would hardly fear us on ydays showing!!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: orangeman on October 28, 2007, 11:35:59 PM
Did I read that Castlederg supported invaded the pitch ? Did they win something ?

No. If it's true I'd say its a real kick in the teeth for the Derg, as on the field they were probably the most improved club in the ACL this year.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

tyrone86

Quote from: hardstation on October 28, 2007, 11:23:34 PM
QuoteWe had a number of players making their senior debuts, including two of our U-16 players!!!
Is this not against the rules?

Indeed. For the record the Rule in question is rule 132.

tyrone86

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 29, 2007, 11:45:48 AM
Quote from: orangeman on October 28, 2007, 11:35:59 PM

No. If it's true I'd say its a real kick in the teeth for the Derg, as on the field they were probably the most improved club in the ACL this year.

I seem to recall Castlederg getting their pitch getting closed earlier this year over the head of a Minor game with their neighbours Michael Cusacks. John Lynch has certainly reinstalled some fighting spirit in the Derg.

Fear ón Srath Bán

League table for O Neills Sportswear ACL Division 2    28-10-07
Senior Football               
Team        Played   Won   Lost   Drawn   Points
Eglish           20       15      5         0        30
Moortown    20        12      5        3        27
Eskra           21        13      7        1        27
Greencastle  20        12      5        2        26
Urney          20         9       6        5        23
Strabane      20         9       7        4       22
Augher        20        10      9        1        21
Aghaloo       20         9       8        3        21
Drumquin     20        8       10       2        18
Fintona        20         5      12       3        13
Brockagh      20        5       15       0        10

Killyman        21        2       19       0         4
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...