Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhandfan

Quote from: phpearse on October 27, 2007, 07:03:44 PM
Galbally defeated Errigal in the league this afternoon 1-13 to 0-13. Peter and Pascal Canavan playing their last competitve fixtures in Galbally (for the reserves), with both set to retire from club football this year.

I know Pascal is going into management next year but is Peter definitely hanging up the boots once and for all?  If so, it is a sad day for Tyrone football.....we will probably never see his likes again.  Both Canavans were outstanding servants for club and county....they will be sorely missed.   I think we all owe them a very special thanks for the many great times they gave us during their playing days.  I wish them well in their retirement.  They have certainly left us with many precious memories from very long and distinguished playing careers with Errigal Ciaran and Tyrone.

orangeman

If Pascal and Peter are retiring, thanks boys for all the memories - I know you tortured us many times but at the end of the day, we have to give credit where it's due - two outstanding footballers for club and county - boys who took a lot and gave a lot.

snappiered

Quote from: hoopsaaa on October 27, 2007, 09:09:11 PM
I was at both Lough/Kildress games this year. Both well worth the £4. I think the Lough are a bit unfortuante to be in the playoffs. Two defeats at the hands of Gortin are proving expensive.

Yeah hoopsaaa they were two fairly entertaining games alright. We took 3 points out of a possible 4 and lost four points to Gortin which have ultimately denied us automatic promotion. Gortin really a bogey team for us. Even though Pomeroy threw the points to Kildress today we can have no complaints over 22 games to be honest. If we win 2ommorrow we play Killeshill and if we loose we have to play Trillick again to determine who plays Omag and Killeshil.

orangeman

new devil

What do you mean pomeroy trew kildress the points  ???

tyrone exile

pomeroy defo didnt throw kildress the points, there was only a point in it at one stage!

ziggysego

Any word on the Moortown v Eglish game today?
Testing Accessibility

clarshack

stewartstown beat edendork 1-14 to 0-9

ziggysego

Congratulations Errigal Ladies. Onwards now to All Ireland glory.
Testing Accessibility

Wee Roddy

Congratulations to Errigal ladies indeed. They will be very keen to go the one further than their Carrickmore counterparts who were beaten in the All Ireland final. I saw them defeat Carrickmore in th  e Tyrone championship, and while they do not have the most shillfull group of players, they are fierce strong and very physical and do use this to theor advantage.

Carrickmore men deteated Donaghmore 10 pts to 1-4 today, Donaghmores goal being scored by Kelvin Hughes in the first few minutes. It was a fiesty little number and i must say that our defensive unit is proving at the minute to be if good or not better than any we have had in a long time. All six today look very confident on the ball and we are seeing a new side to one or two of thems game. Dan has some engine on him and thumped up and down from centre back the whole second half. Incidentally Conor Gormley lined out at full forward and gave a great display considering he carried an inury into the game. Ronan McNally made his welcome return in the second  havlf. Even big Ozz got a point from a long distance free.

Is the top four in 1A confirmed yet?

Porky

Heard game in Drumragh today was abandoned as Castlederg supporters invaded the pitch with 10 minutes left??

KIDDO

Tyrone programme for 2008 league,  game1 home  to kildare Feb2nd ,
                                                   game 2 away to Kerry  Feb16
          .........................................Game 3  away to Galway Mar 2,
                                                   Game 4  home   Laois  Mar  15th,
                                                   Game 5  home tolDonegal   mar29th
                                                    Game 6    away Derry   5th April
                                                    Game 7  home to mayo  13 April

KIDDO

Loughmacrory 1.10, Trillick 3.6 , at Loughmacrory.

clarshack

O'Neill's Sportswear Tyrone ACL Division 1A
Galbally 1-13 Errigal Ciarán 0-13
Dromore 0-16 Aghyaran 0-11

O'Neill's Sportswear Tyrone ACL Division 1A Reserve
Galbally 0-4 Errigal Ciarán 2-12
Dromore 5-10 Aghyaran 0-6

O'Neill's Sportswear Tyrone ACL Division 1A
Killyclogher 4-5 Omagh 2-11
Coalisland 1-12 Killeeshil 1-5
An Charraig Mhór 0-11 Donaghmore 1-5
Ardboe 4-11 Cookstown 1-6