Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club boi

Quote from: Tyrone95 on September 14, 2016, 09:07:49 AM
As far as this years championship goes, Omagh are history...move on

EXACTLY MOVE ON. It's like the Carmen posters giving off about Sluddens and the "Penalty". You would think by their complaints they had lost the game

Get Over It

vallankumous

Quote from: Tyrone95 on September 14, 2016, 09:07:49 AM
As far as this years championship goes, Omagh are history...move on

Tyrine95 doesn't do irony

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: square_ball on September 13, 2016, 08:40:07 PM
I notice the hoganstand tyrone forum doesn't see a lot of action these days and over the last wee while on here I can see why . . . .

And to answer the above idiot - not many teams without any balls beat Crossmaglen in championship football.

The schools are back  ::)

Helpline

Big town teams don't have balls,. fact! Whats this about the Omagh management not talking to the papers? Do they think they are Mickey Harte.?
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

Knock Yer Mucker In

How anyone can suggest that Omagh has no balls is laughable, they weren't short on it the past two Sunday's, although we should have had the game well sorted at half time, Omagh fought like tigers the second half and only a quite incredible goal won for us. Omagh were in the Ulster final 24 months ago, for anyone who has played this game seriously they know what it takes to get that far. For the suggestion about Carrickmore, any poster who says they haven't guts should be banned from this board. Are you Fearon in disguise trying to wind people up?

WBF

Not sure if it was ever that Omagh lacked "balls" maybe more a case of giving up on games early and not fighting to the end but i would class this as more a lack of self belief and determination? but in the last couple of years Omagh have fought to the end of the games which they used to not do and that has shown in a lot of their late wins in games.

Saying Carrickmore don't have balls is ridiculous as any person who has played against them can back this up! A lot of people on here slagging players and teams and I would say a lot haven't played against them very easy for people to slag on this!

When talking about balls though did anyone see Tiernan McCann against Trillick diving head first towards the Trillick keeper and resulting in a point if im right? For a lad who gets a lot of stick it's been one of the bravest actions ive seen on a football pitch for a few years now.

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: In hiding on September 14, 2016, 02:01:56 AM
Quote from: winghalfback on September 14, 2016, 01:26:14 AM
Quote from: GaelTheGael on September 14, 2016, 12:13:55 AM
Quote from: In hiding on September 13, 2016, 11:26:43 PM
What about last year in pomeroy when Carrickmore showed absolutely no heart for a battle. Does that make them spineless ?
Actually since you're such an expert on the subject when was the last time the brave men of Carmen won a close championship game against a good team
Im keen to hear an answer to this question, for the life of me I can't remember the last time.

The moy match a few years ago?
Do you guys think carrickmores reputation precedes them? I wouldn't rule out any team with players like colm mc Gurk ruairi Loughran mickey Slane Marty penrose mark Donnelly in their side all battle hardened seasoned campaigners with more medals in their pockets than some posters on here.
Now you are being patronising, I think you'll find ruairi loughran mickey slane and marty penrose have the same number of tyrone senior championship medals as most posters on here. Indeed only some Mayo players have lost more finals than some of the carmen lads in recent years.

Is this the same Micky Slane and Martin Penrose that originally played for Pomeroy and Aghyaran  ;)

twenty one yard free

I think some people in Omagh do have a certain amount of balls

Last year down in Ardboe I witnessed some of the players oul dolls having more balls than their sons

The Golden Years

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on September 14, 2016, 01:15:43 PM
Quote from: In hiding on September 14, 2016, 02:01:56 AM
Quote from: winghalfback on September 14, 2016, 01:26:14 AM
Quote from: GaelTheGael on September 14, 2016, 12:13:55 AM
Quote from: In hiding on September 13, 2016, 11:26:43 PM
What about last year in pomeroy when Carrickmore showed absolutely no heart for a battle. Does that make them spineless ?
Actually since you're such an expert on the subject when was the last time the brave men of Carmen won a close championship game against a good team
Im keen to hear an answer to this question, for the life of me I can't remember the last time.

The moy match a few years ago?
Do you guys think carrickmores reputation precedes them? I wouldn't rule out any team with players like colm mc Gurk ruairi Loughran mickey Slane Marty penrose mark Donnelly in their side all battle hardened seasoned campaigners with more medals in their pockets than some posters on here.
Now you are being patronising, I think you'll find ruairi loughran mickey slane and marty penrose have the same number of tyrone senior championship medals as most posters on here. Indeed only some Mayo players have lost more finals than some of the carmen lads in recent years.

Is this the same Micky Slane and Martin Penrose that originally played for Pomeroy and Aghyaran  ;)

That would be some coinendence if they both played for the same two teams before transferring. I am certain Mickey never played for aghyarn and Martin didn't play for pomeroy.

Helpline

Martin Penrose.. the best player ever to come out of Carrickmore!
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

WT4E

Quote from: Helpline on September 14, 2016, 02:37:06 PM

Carmen with all their tradition - had to go to Aghyaran to get a captain!  ;D

tiempo

Quote from: WT4E on September 14, 2016, 02:40:42 PM

Relegation candidates if not for a good recruitment programme?

The Golden Years

Quote from: WT4E on September 14, 2016, 02:40:42 PM

Oh, pull my hair and scrab my face. 😂 You enjoying being back at school?

Wee Roddy

Regardless of what you all say Marty is a fine player who the players themselves voted in as Captain. That speaks volumes for the man himself.
Secondly whatever the result on Saturday,  one thing you can be sure of is that whoever wins will have the support of the loses to go all the way. Two great clubs who always experience highs and lows in their traditions but always bunch back. Kick Carmen when they are "down" because they love it and you all know they will be at the head off the top table they dine at very shortly. No one has a right to win all the time and our club certainly doesn't expect too!

skeog

Martin Penrose is a gentleman who should get the respect of his peers and who has served both his county and clubs very well over his career.