Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheltenham Fun

Quote from: square_ball on September 13, 2016, 08:40:07 PM
I notice the hoganstand tyrone forum doesn't see a lot of action these days and over the last wee while on here I can see why . . . .

And to answer the above idiot - not many teams without any balls beat Crossmaglen in championship football.

With everything there is exceptions. I can think of far more examples of omaghs soft centre than you can think of their hard core. I think the perceived perception of Omagh having a soft centre is a reality. 

square_ball

Quote from: Cheltenham Fun on September 13, 2016, 09:27:24 PM
I notice the hoganstand tyrone forum doesn't see a lot of action these days and over the last wee while on here I can see why . . . .

And to answer the above idiot - not many teams without any balls beat Crossmaglen in championship football.

With everything there is exceptions. I can think of far more examples of omaghs soft centre than you can think of their hard core. I think the perceived perception of Omagh having a soft centre is a reality.

So any game they ever lose in the championship is because of a soft centre? What about the other so called big guns? What's the reason they lose games?

ose 14

30 sept 2014 never tire of rony o neill showing the ball to big oz as he landed on his balls. plenty of balls there my ould mucker.

In hiding

Excellent post cheltenham, its a good job carrickmore showed less balls in the county final two years ago  8)

Who beat carrickmore in last years championship ?

Cheltenham Fun

Quote from: In hiding on September 13, 2016, 09:33:57 PM

Excellent post cheltenham, its a good job carrickmore showed less balls in the county final two years ago  8)

Who beat carrickmore in last years championship ?

Not every championships game requires balls to get over the line but when 2 evenly matched teams go at it and the game is in the melting pot, Omagh mostly come out the wrong end. This is my point. Examples that spring to mind to me are '98 final against ardboe. '10 semi final replay against carrickmore and the two matches there against clonoe. I knew the Omagh posters on here would be on about beating carrickmore two years ago but one swallow doesn't make a summer.

In hiding

What about last year in pomeroy when Carrickmore showed absolutely no heart for a battle. Does that make them spineless ?
Actually since you're such an expert on the subject when was the last time the brave men of Carmen won a close championship game against a good team

GaelTheGael

Quote from: In hiding on September 13, 2016, 11:26:43 PM
What about last year in pomeroy when Carrickmore showed absolutely no heart for a battle. Does that make them spineless ?
Actually since you're such an expert on the subject when was the last time the brave men of Carmen won a close championship game against a good team
Im keen to hear an answer to this question, for the life of me I can't remember the last time.

winghalfback

Quote from: GaelTheGael on September 14, 2016, 12:13:55 AM
Im keen to hear an answer to this question, for the life of me I can't remember the last time.

The moy match a few years ago?
Do you guys think carrickmores reputation precedes them? I wouldn't rule out any team with players like colm mc Gurk ruairi Loughran mickey Slane Marty penrose mark Donnelly in their side all battle hardened seasoned campaigners with more medals in their pockets than some posters on here.

In hiding

Quote from: winghalfback on September 14, 2016, 01:26:14 AM
Quote from: GaelTheGael on September 14, 2016, 12:13:55 AM

The moy match a few years ago?
Do you guys think carrickmores reputation precedes them? I wouldn't rule out any team with players like colm mc Gurk ruairi Loughran mickey Slane Marty penrose mark Donnelly in their side all battle hardened seasoned campaigners with more medals in their pockets than some posters on here.
Now you are being patronising, I think you'll find ruairi loughran mickey slane and marty penrose have the same number of tyrone senior championship medals as most posters on here. Indeed only some Mayo players have lost more finals than some of the carmen lads in recent years.

vallankumous

I think Omagh showed a lot of balls in 2014.
Destroyed Coalisland and the last minute goal to win against favorites Dromore took some balls.
Add to that going on and winning the Championship with a very good run in Ulster isn't something any old team can do.

mick the master

I think you have hit a raw nerve with the omagh support😆

EastTyrone

Quote from: vallankumous on September 14, 2016, 08:20:39 AM
Destroyed Coalisland and the last minute goal to win against favorites Dromore took some balls.
Add to that going on and winning the Championship with a very good run in Ulster isn't something any old team can do.

My god, you must have been at different games. Omagh where 4 down against Coalisland with 10 to go, so I dont think they destroyed them. Eventually they won by 2. Coalisland just became complacent and Omagh took advantage of this. As for the last minute goal, it is all a bit of luck really.

vallankumous

Quote from: EastTyrone on September 14, 2016, 08:36:10 AM

My god, you must have been at different games. Omagh where 4 down against Coalisland with 10 to go, so I dont think they destroyed them. Eventually they won by 2. Coalisland just became complacent and Omagh took advantage of this. As for the last minute goal, it is all a bit of luck really.

Clearly the have no balls.

EastTyrone

Quote from: vallankumous on September 14, 2016, 08:46:09 AM
Quote from: EastTyrone on September 14, 2016, 08:36:10 AM

Clearly the have no balls.

I never stated they did not have balls. But I am just correcting your comment on "Destroying" teams.
Although I do think they have showed loads of balls over the past two weekends. So much so that Larry wouldn't talk to the papers.

Tyrone95

As far as this years championship goes, Omagh are history...move on