Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WBF

They definitely have Ruairi Loughran back but are you sure about Micky Slane? I could be wrong but nearly sure he is in Doha working?

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: time ticking away on September 13, 2016, 10:09:24 AM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on September 13, 2016, 10:02:20 AM
A lot of people jumping on this Clonoe bandwagon after 2 unconvincing games vs Omagh and 2 last minute scores.  Does anyone in the county feel Carmen can cause an 'upset' on Saturday evening?...I do
Aye you're right. Carrickmores impressive league form this year and their demolition of an excellent Greencastle team should give you great cause for optimism alright

Carmen are capable of beating any of the teams left in a one off. I don't think they can win the championship, which would mean putting three big performances back to back, but getting it right on the day with any of the teams left, you bet they can. If I am correct they are the last team to beat Dromore in the league semi final last October, that tells you what Carmen are capable of. We should have had the game sealed at HT v Omagh, missed two sitters to be 11/12pts up at HT, however Omagh did what any good team did, and Omagh are a good side, they took the game to us and very quickly cut our lead, we once again showed serious guts as well as temperament. Omagh V Clonoe was always a 50/50 game, as one poster already put up the results of various championship games, those four/five teams can beat each other on any given day. So far it has been a good championship, and it will continue as there is little between the clubs, making our championship massively competitive and entertaining.

Tyrone95

Quote from: time ticking away on September 13, 2016, 10:09:24 AM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on September 13, 2016, 10:02:20 AM
A lot of people jumping on this Clonoe bandwagon after 2 unconvincing games vs Omagh and 2 last minute scores.  Does anyone in the county feel Carmen can cause an 'upset' on Saturday evening?...I do
Aye you're right. Carrickmores impressive league form this year and their demolition of an excellent Greencastle team should give you great cause for optimism alright
Agreed, I wouldnt exactly say Clonoe are in scintillating form this year in the league either..Time will tell

Cheltenham Fun

Quote from: WBF on September 13, 2016, 10:54:20 AM
They definitely have Ruairi Loughran back but are you sure about Micky Slane? I could be wrong but nearly sure he is in Doha working?

You are not wrong about mickey working in Doha but i can safely say he will be playing on saturday evening.  Carrickmore I think will beat clonoe.  After attending all championship matches over the weekend there is not much out there to fear.  Standard of club football in Tyrone has got very poor. People bumming and blowing about Dromore. FFS they took on 2 guys who are near 40 to kill of a game against an average at very best Ardboe team.  Coming to think of it Barry Collins probably closer to 40 than 30 also. Doesn't say much for their panel or the faith their management have on their youth.  '16 for 16.

Helpline

Killyclogher must be in with a serious shout this year again and have had the beating of Dromore on the past few occasions they met. Although Coalisland could seal it with a fairly handy run to the final if they avoid both. 
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

LeoMc

Quote from: WT4E on September 13, 2016, 10:15:25 AM
Was waiting for confirmation of the fixtures in the Truth this morning before saying anymore but can't believe the county board has fixed the two senior championship matches for Edendork. No discredit to the Edendork club who have a fine pitch and great club rooms but no stand is an issue at this time of year for what should be a big crowd. Heree's a list of possible venues for the game:

Pomeroy
Dumoyle - Access!
Omagh - Pitch condition!
Dungannon - Pitch condition!
Killyclogher - very far west for the 4 teams playing
Galballly - Capacity?
Loughmacrory
Augher - capacity?
Edendork -

Out of all the possible 9 venues the county board manage to pick the only one without a covered stand and with rain nearly certain its a pity for the supporters.

Christmas Lights

It's the weakest carrickmore team in years.
Not a chance they would win the division 1 Donnelly Vauxhall championship.
Clonoe will dispose of them comfortably enough.

The Trap

especially if Eugene Hughes is linesman again...................................

Degrassi Hi

Speaking to a few Rahilly men who are already thinking about the possibility of a meeting Dromore so they can finally get revenge for 2014. Dangerous talk as you should never discount Carrickmore and their mid week league meeting this year was a classic. Hard enough to call but think the Rahilly men will progress.
I'd expect Kildress to setup ultra defensive which will test Coalislands running game, the island were clueless against Trillicks defense last year but they still should have too much for the Wolfe tones.

vallankumous

Quote from: Degrassi Hi on September 13, 2016, 02:09:08 PM
Speaking to a few Rahilly men who are already thinking about the possibility of a meeting Dromore so they can finally get revenge for 2014. Dangerous talk as you should never discount Carrickmore and their mid week league meeting this year was a classic. Hard enough to call but think the Rahilly men will progress.
I'd expect Kildress to setup ultra defensive which will test Coalislands running game, the island were clueless against Trillicks defense last year but they still should have too much for the Wolfe tones.

Must have been supporters ye were talking to. I'd say players are more concerned with 2016 than a QF in 2014.

skeog

Seems Matty Donnelly played with a pain killing injection so that would explain him being very quiet.

time ticking away

Quote from: The Trap on September 13, 2016, 01:52:05 PM
especially if Eugene Hughes is linesman again...................................
Both Patrick Doris and Jerome Mc Clure should be sending him a Christmas Card this year anyways
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

ose 14

Think clonoe have the bit between the teeth and are serious championship operators. they showed fierce appetite in the two games against omagh when many would have written them off. thats called hunger they had a little bit more than omagh and ultimately that got them home. whoever beats them will be champions in my book and it wont be carrickmore this week. dromore and killyclogher are also experiencing starvation issues at this stage too but the munchies have it for me up clonoe way.

Cheltenham Fun

Quote from: ose 14 on September 13, 2016, 07:30:44 PM
Think clonoe have the bit between the teeth and are serious championship operators. they showed fierce appetite in the two games against omagh when many would have written them off. thats called hunger they had a little bit more than omagh and ultimately that got them home. whoever beats them will be champions in my book and it wont be carrickmore this week. dromore and killyclogher are also experiencing starvation issues at this stage too but the munchies have it for me up clonoe way.

In fairness most teams down through history have showed more hunger than Omagh or as I would phrase it as omaghs lack of balls.

square_ball

I notice the hoganstand tyrone forum doesn't see a lot of action these days and over the last wee while on here I can see why . . . .

And to answer the above idiot - not many teams without any balls beat Crossmaglen in championship football.