Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneboi

was at the match tonight have to say i wasnt terribly impressed by coalisland. think there is much more to come from them although two of the three goals were as good as you will see anywhere. killyclogher were poor some of the wides they kicked and the amount of times they played it into to the goalkeepers hands was unreal.

Pharoch Phantom

I see what your saying tyroneboi about the Fianna but not playing well and still winning is a very nice thing for them at this stage.    I thought that Martin Early was outstanding tonight.  The move for the second goal was as good as you will see.  Fianna are now the clear favourites.

Redhandfan

Quote from: clarshack on September 02, 2007, 07:51:20 PM
result from todays div 1b league: stewartstown 0-7 kildress 1-13. the harps kicked 10 wides in 2nd half so it could have been closer. we were always going to get it tight having taking part in castlewellan 7's the day before and also with another 4 key men missing as well. we got a trouncing in the reserves but at least we fielded in both games today. the easy option would have been to not field in protest at the GAC's ridiculous decision not to postpone todays games.

Why were Gareth Devlin and Peter Armour not playing for Stewartstown at the Castlewellan Sevens on Saturday?  You did well to reach the quarter-finals without them.

It is a joke that the County Board made you play that league game with Kildress.  After all, you were one of only four clubs representing Tyrone at Ulster's premier 7-a-side competition. 

KIDDO

Rock 0.14, Clogher 1.6  in the junior semi final replay , at Carrickmore, on Sunday night . With the  rematch between Donaghmore and E-Ciaran  taking place at 8pm , on Friday night next Sept 7th , at Healy Park , under floodlights , not at 7.30 as stated in  my earlier post.

rrhf

I know the doctor who treated him and it was a very serious incident within the dressing room.  We have no objections to the County board calling off the game.  Great to see him out of hospital. Looking forward I think we need to seriously look at the level of medical care that is being provided at our grounds particularly in championship games.  Several announcements were made calling for a doctor and the first to present themselves was a Donaghmore player.  There should have been a qualified doctor in attendance and available.  The order of Malta are accordingly  not qualified to deal with situations like this.  If the Donaghmore player hadnt been there the consequences could have been much more serious. Regardless of the football score and numbers it was not a bit of wonder Errigal didnt want to play the second half, It must have been scary in there at half time. There needs to be a doctor at all the big games or a tragedy is inevitable.  Could the official Tyrone Doctor be asked to fulfil this role?  

patsymcgurk

the tones are back. stuffed stewartstown yday, grimes and kelly class although tintown are rubbish

loughshore lad

Quote from: patsymcgurk on September 03, 2007, 09:17:29 AM
the tones are back. stuffed stewartstown yday, grimes and kelly class although tintown are rubbish

Nothing like blowing your own trumpet  ;) ;)

Wee Roddy

Would Damian blow his own trumpet :D :D :D
I was not at the Island game last night but i heard Martin Early was a different class. Also heard that Coalisland did not behave in a very sportsman like manor when they knew the game was won.

Blue certainly is the colour this year in Tyrone with Dromore, Coalisland, Cookstown all in the semis.

What price Fr Rocks to reach the final??????

rrhf

I was very impressed with Daisy last weekend.  He must surely be offfered another chance with the county the form he is in. 

hairyhog

Quote from: KIDDO on September 03, 2007, 12:05:24 AM
Rock 0.14, Clogher 1.6  in the junior semi final replay , at Carrickmore, on Sunday night .

just wondering why Rock supporters felt the need to goad the Clogher players leaving the field by jeering and singing 'cheerio'? In a game that wasnt dirty surely this was unneccessary. Boths teams can feel aggrieved by an absolutely terrible display of refereeing. Without sounding bitter, hopefully DealMeIn and the Beragh boys will give them a thumping in the final if thats the way they want to behave in victory

ziggysego

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 03, 2007, 11:09:03 AM
Blue certainly is the colour this year in Tyrone with Dromore, Coalisland, Cookstown all in the semis.

Are you willing to predict it will follow on after the Errigal -v- Donaghmore game?
Testing Accessibility

Wee Roddy

Not on your life Ziggy. I would predict wholesale changes for Errigal on Friday night although i must admit i was very surprised how lifeless they were on Saturday.

Hard luck to yourselves by the way.

Wee Roddy

"just wondering why Rock supporters felt the need to goad the Clogher players leaving the field by jeering and singing 'cheerio'? In a game that wasnt dirty surely this was unneccessary. Boths teams can feel aggrieved by an absolutely terrible display of refereeing. Without sounding bitter, hopefully DealMeIn and the Beragh boys will give them a thumping in the final if thats the way they want to behave in victory"

I heard the queen was poor alright!

orangeman

I hate this cheerio business - no need for it -Dublin tactics.

longball

Quote from: hairyhog on September 03, 2007, 11:15:25 AM
Quote from: KIDDO on September 03, 2007, 12:05:24 AM
Rock 0.14, Clogher 1.6  in the junior semi final replay , at Carrickmore, on Sunday night .

just wondering why Rock supporters felt the need to goad the Clogher players leaving the field by jeering and singing 'cheerio'? In a game that wasnt dirty surely this was unneccessary. Boths teams can feel aggrieved by an absolutely terrible display of refereeing. Without sounding bitter, hopefully DealMeIn and the Beragh boys will give them a thumping in the final if thats the way they want to behave in victory

i think its to do with the fact that clogher wouldnt agree to change the first game to the sat evening as Rocks manager wasnt there! It wasnt a good display of refreeing but clogher werent good. They had a couple of goal chances against the run of play and they scored a scrappy goal- better team won at the end of the day. think Beragh will beat the rock in the final
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0