Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john mcgill

I was at the Errigal game.  The name on the sidelines from EC supporters was that lad Quinn.  The Order of Malta ambulance went up to the changing rooms and then the regular ambulance arrived.  EC were 3 points down at that stage and down to 14 men.  The fullback was sent off for elbowing one of the Donaghmore men just as the half time whistle went.  I actually thought it was a delayed reaction thing when I saw the Order of Malta heading to the dressing rooms.  I'll say a prayer for the player.  Put it all in perspective.

I looked out for Ziggy but the Greencastle contingent left before the second game.  Stephen Lawn's goal was the best I've seen this year and he meant it.

rrhf

Lets hope to God he is OK, at times like this football is secondary.   

Red Nose Red Hand

Word is that it's not life-threatening and it was believed to be delayed reaction to double challenge on him just before halftime. Replay is next Friday night under lights in Omagh.

rrhf

Thats poor information rnrh.  It was a very serious incident - serious enough to force the abandonment.  There was no challenge on him  just before half time either.  Lets hope he returns to full health as quickly as possible.

ziggysego

Well the Greencastle -v- Moortown was disappointing from a Greencastle point of view. Had the breeze in the first half and didn't make the most of it. 4 pts up at half time. Desperately missed Enda Clarke at mid-field, who only last five minutes due to a hamstring problem. Was a good first half and the two teams were neck and neck.

The second half, Greencastle fell a part and didn't get a single score. Lawn's goal was amazing, the best I've seen in a long time. I'd put it right up there with Mulligan's against Dublin at Croke Park in 2005. Within moments, Moortown got a second goal and Greencastle head's fell.

I have no quasms about the final result. Moortown were the far superior team at the end of the day and deserved their victory.

At least we still have the league. I just hope that today's defeat does not set Greencastle back as staying in the top 6 is the goal now.

Now that's that is all done and dusted, I wanted to thank Greencastle for a brilliant year. Surpassed all the hopes and dreams.

As for the Senior game. john mcgill, I stayed for the game. I was directly behind the flag, so you mustn't have been looking too hard.

As for Paul Quinn, I pray and hope that he is ok. It puts the Intermediate game into perspective.

Hard luck to the Tyrone Ladies today. Didn't get to see the game, but mananged to follow the most of it on the radio. They stuck it and showed Mayo that they weren't going to be push over. 2008 will see them take another step forward, of that I am sure.
Testing Accessibility

hoopsaaa

Quote from: ziggysego on September 01, 2007, 09:17:54 PM
Well the Greencastle -v- Moortown was disappointing from a Greencastle point of view. Had the breeze in the first half and didn't make the most of it. 4 pts up at half time. Desperately missed Enda Clarke at mid-field, who only last five minutes due to a hamstring problem. Was a good first half and the two teams were neck and neck.

The second half, Greencastle fell a part and didn't get a single score. Lawn's goal was amazing, the best I've seen in a long time. I'd put it right up there with Mulligan's against Dublin at Croke Park in 2005. Within moments, Moortown got a second goal and Greencastle head's fell.

I have no quasms about the final result. Moortown were the far superior team at the end of the day and deserved their victory.

At least we still have the league. I just hope that today's defeat does not set Greencastle back as staying in the top 6 is the goal now.

Now that's that is all done and dusted, I wanted to thank Greencastle for a brilliant year. Surpassed all the hopes and dreams.

As for the Senior game. john mcgill, I stayed for the game. I was directly behind the flag, so you mustn't have been looking too hard.

As for Paul Quinn, I pray and hope that he is ok. It puts the Intermediate game into perspective.

Hard luck to the Tyrone Ladies today. Didn't get to see the game, but mananged to follow the most of it on the radio. They stuck it and showed Mayo that they weren't going to be push over. 2008 will see them take another step forward, of that I am sure.
Quote from: ziggysego on September 01, 2007, 09:17:54 PM

Tyrone ladies played well but Staunton was the difference. As for the Castle get the place in the league secured and move on towards next year. Intermediate football will be good next year. There will be 2-3 teams in Div2 that shopuld not be there. So we will get senior experience anyway. Would be nice to see Moortown win and move on though the AI IFC.

KIDDO

Ref at senior game Sean Quinn,Brackaville.

rrhf

To witness Steven Lawns goal and general contribution yesterday was good for the heart.  Many of these guys bursted their gut for us in 95 and the surrounding years and because of a mess of a final where everyone underperformed they simply slipped out of the limelight far too quietly.  Lawns goal showed that class in permanent.  As for Greencastle, a heroic first half performance wasnt to be enough although they can be proud of their achievements and the future is very bright,  and yes Ziggy you were hiding on us.    :)

Norf Tyrone

I heard Paul Quinn got out of hospital today. He took a heavy challange to the chest just before the break, and had breathing problems. The cardiac ambulance was just a precation..

Oh....and....E Ciaran IIIs 0-13 Owen Roes 2-5.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

clarshack

hope paul quinn will be ok.

result from todays div 1b league: stewartstown 0-7 kildress 1-13. the harps kicked 10 wides in 2nd half so it could have been closer. we were always going to get it tight having taking part in castlewellan 7's the day before and also with another 4 key men missing as well. we got a trouncing in the reserves but at least we fielded in both games today. the easy option would have been to not field in protest at the GAC's ridiculous decision not to postpone todays games.

ziggysego

Glad to hear Paul Quinn's out of hospital. Was chatting to him at the Ulster Herald Sport Awards at the beginning of the year. Sat at the same table. Incrediably nice fella.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Hope Paul gets well soon - Donaghmore had the upper hand on them last night ans certainly appeared to be going to win the game with Errigal a man down - what about the replay ? Who do yuo fancy now ?

Red Nose Red Hand

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 02, 2007, 06:35:47 PM
I heard Paul Quinn got out of hospital today. He took a heavy challange to the chest just before the break, and had breathing problems. The cardiac ambulance was just a precation.
???

RRHF knows different, according to his earlier post

KIDDO

Coalisland 3.5, Killyclogher 0.6 ,in tonights Tyrone championship quarter final , at Carrickmore.With the draw for the semi finals to be made on friday night ,following the refixed quarter final Donaghmore,v E-Ciaran,  under floodlights 7.30pm , in Omagh.

orangeman

Big performance from C'ilsand who are well on track at this stage. Good win for Moortown as well by the way.