Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billabong

Why did Shane Mulgrew transfer away from Donaghmore in the first place?

God14

Quote from: billabong on October 27, 2014, 03:11:49 PM
Why did Shane Mulgrew transfer away from Donaghmore in the first place?
Playing with Ballinascreen this past year or so.

I dunno about the rumours of McCarron and Dungannon, I was told he was returning to Dromore. Also he had the dromore crest as his facebook profile pic a few weeks ago, if that's worth reading into.

Max Payne

Quote from: Quarterback on October 27, 2014, 12:47:14 PM
Talk that Shane Mulgrew is set to join Dungannon as well as Mc Carron.....  Football wise 2 decent additions!

Heard Mulgrew has been touting himself out to The Fianna and Clonoe as well.

redzone

disappointing scenes at the end of the league final,surely it wont be brushed under the carpet this time.didnt see that performance from killyclogher but fair play to them,hopefully they can push on next year.on the game itself mccusker was a massive loss to dromore and there forward line doesnt seem to fire without him.looking at there bench only peter Teague was someone you could pick out as someone who could come into that team next year. they could do with maccarron back but you never know.it will give massive belief to killyclogher who on there day are fit for any team and seem to have plenty of youth on there side.gorman and Bradley there best players.is it time for referees from neighbouring counties to cross over and ref in other counties club games.every team knows wat way each ref is gona ref a game and plays on it.

winghalfback

what was peter ward at after the match yesterday ?

ONeill

Some UN-worrying battles in the Intermediate next year. Kildress/Cookstown/Rock/Pomeroy. Hill/Kevin Barrys.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Club Rossa

Cookstown v Moortown could be feisty.Come to think of it,Cookstown v everybody else probably will be too.

Mikhailov

Quote from: redzone on October 27, 2014, 07:11:22 PM
disappointing scenes at the end of the league final,surely it wont be brushed under the carpet this time.didnt see that performance from killyclogher but fair play to them,hopefully they can push on next year.on the game itself mccusker was a massive loss to dromore and there forward line doesnt seem to fire without him.looking at there bench only peter Teague was someone you could pick out as someone who could come into that team next year. they could do with maccarron back but you never know.it will give massive belief to killyclogher who on there day are fit for any team and seem to have plenty of youth on there side.gorman and Bradley there best players.is it time for referees from neighbouring counties to cross over and ref in other counties club games.every team knows wat way each ref is gona ref a game and plays on it.

Not a bad idea and I think it has been suggested on here before. At least for C'ship fixtures I think it would be worth testing it out to see if it could work. For example we could have Derry and Armagh referees looking after our games and our referees looking after their games along with another county. In relation to your comment 'every team knows what way a ref is gonna ref and plays on it' the more worrying element as I see it is that certain referees turn up with the result already in their head due to form, league position, history or whatever...I know one example whereby a referee commented to a home umpire prior to the start of the game that "your lads will get hit hard today as you know how these other boys like to tackle" - hardly a hanging offence but it highlights that the ref already had a perception in his head as to what was going to happen and refereed the game accordingly.....that to me is a more difficult problem to sort out but can be sorted if outside men were brought in to do the games.

To back up the original post - all spectators know what to expect when the ref appears on to the pitch and the players do also but if reports are correct we appear to have a decent set of referees about as stories from other counties on here recently would seem to state that there are problems everywhere...

S.Poacher2012

GAA Coaching Clinic

Date: Saturday 15th November 2014

Venue: St Columban's College Kilkeel

Cost: £10 (Includes Tea/Coffee and information booklet)

** Proceeds for the development of GAA in St Columbans**

AGENDA:

10am: Welcome

10.10am: Aidan O' Rourke (Development Manager Queens Gaa)

"Building elements of a game-plan into training sessions"

- Clearly defined game-plan goals

- Fundamentals of play with and without the ball

- Transitions during games

**Practical Session Outdoor**

11.45am: Tea/Coffee/Snack

12.00pm: Conor Laverty (Trinity College Gaa Development Officer)

"Developing Attacking Play in your team"

**Practical Session Outdoor**

Contact Steven Poacher to confirm place via text to 07779780919 or email to stevepoacher@hotmail.com **Payment on the day**

God14

I see the Omagh V Crossmaglen game is being televised live on TG4 on Sunday, which is handy!
Omagh at 11/2 with paddypower, would be some shock if they could do it. I suppose that's why TG4 are there, the possibility of an upset.

Mikhailov

Quote from: God14 on October 29, 2014, 04:56:53 PM
I see the Omagh V Crossmaglen game is being televised live on TG4 on Sunday, which is handy!
Omagh at 11/2 with paddypower, would be some shock if they could do it. I suppose that's why TG4 are there, the possibility of an upset.

Good to see this game on the box but will likely go to it anyway. Think that Omagh will surprise a few people here, the monkey is off the back and pressure is off them also and if they play to their undoubted potential then a win is not beyond them - however, this Cross outfit by all accounts is a good one, seemingly extremely fit and mobile with a lot of scoring options which are traits not normally associated with Cross. I hear they are not as physically imposing as previous Cross teams and this is where Omagh may benefit as Omagh are a big strong team with a lot of height all over the park. Looking forward to it and think there will be a point or two in it either way.
In the other games involving Tyrone teams - I think Rock will win fairly handy against Moneymore but the Clarkes will get it tight versus Warrenpoint who are only down from Div 1 in Down and gave Fr. Rocks a real test 2 years ago in Ulster. Clarkes to win by 1 or 2 and Rock to win a little easier than that.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: redzone on October 27, 2014, 07:11:22 PM

It's their

Club boi

Omagh are 11/2 for a reason, how many poor bookmakers do you know?? They rarely get it wrong

Saying Cross arnt as big or physical as previous makes me laugh, have you seen them this year?? Omagh will be bullied out of it. Hanratty will run straight over the top of Omaghs midfield

I'd be more concerned about Omaghs "lack of game time" 1 Month to prepare, surely Clonoe arnt happy after last years turnaround!!!

LeoMc

Up until the Armagh county final I thought Omagh would have a good chance of pulling off a shock. They had plenty of time to get over their celebrations and refocus as well as having a few very good players and a bit of the swagger needed. I think across have shown however they will not be caught cold.

The Beard

Quote from: Club boi on October 29, 2014, 07:45:52 PM
Omagh are 11/2 for a reason, how many poor bookmakers do you know?? They rarely get it wrong

Saying Cross arnt as big or physical as previous makes me laugh, have you seen them this year?? Omagh will be bullied out of it. Hanratty will run straight over the top of Omaghs midfield

I'd be more concerned about Omaghs "lack of game time" 1 Month to prepare, surely Clonoe arnt happy after last years turnaround!!!

In the same way carmen and dromore were going to bully omagh? Would u be saying the same thing if either of those teams were playing. Lazy old stereotypcal analysis. And why would hanratty dominate against omaghs strongest area of the field with grugan and mcmahon?

Cross definite favourites and should win but not for silly lazy reasons put forward by club boi. Obviously hasnt seen tbis omagh team play.