Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

As Omagh were so defensive against Carrickmore even with an extra man, I can see them park two buses on Sunday. Could be another awful game of 'football' but won't get them past Cross. With all their star players Omagh should go for it but county final Carrickmore was only side went out to play. Unfortunately that approach doesn't always win...     

brokencrossbar1

Thankfully we're not as dismissive as you boys!!!   Seriously tough game ahead as Omagh are a mixture of seasoned campaigners and young guns.  They also have home advantage and have nothing to lose.  With very little competitive football in Armagh and still carrying injuries to key men it won't be as easy as you lads seem to suggest.

longballin

Will depend on Omagh's approach but ultra defense will not do it against Crossmaglen. I fear Omagh will do that and it will be a dire game...   

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: longballin on October 31, 2014, 10:21:25 AM
Will depend on Omagh's approach but ultra defense will not do it against Crossmaglen. I fear Omagh will do that and it will be a dire game...
Just becuase a team play defensively doesnt mean it will automatically be a bad game
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Up The Middle

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 31, 2014, 10:08:20 AM
Thankfully we're not as dismissive as you boys!!!   Seriously tough game ahead as Omagh are a mixture of seasoned campaigners and young guns.  They also have home advantage and have nothing to lose.  With very little competitive football in Armagh and still carrying injuries to key men it won't be as easy as you lads seem to suggest.

Yeah thats the party line and youre sticking too it.....
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

general_lee

Quote from: Mikhailov on October 31, 2014, 08:48:34 AM
Quote from: general_lee on October 30, 2014, 11:48:42 AM
Haven't seen Omagh this year but have seen all of Cross' games bar the shambles v Cruppen and Dromintee. I reckon the best way to stiffle them (easier said I know) is to set up defensively which should suit Omagh's system. They got it tight enough against Cullyhanna in the semi-final and only really pulled away in the last 5-10 mins, that was a Cullyhanna side missing 3 or more of their best players.

If Omagh can either slow the game right down from the start and dictate the pace, or else match Cross for intensity then they have the players to win. Both big asks but Omagh certainly have the players to do it.

General Lee - You say you seen all of Cross games except 2 so in fact you only seen 3 !!!. Reports would suggest that you are right regarding the Cullyhanna game as it was tight but surely that is one of the Cross qualities that they always seem to win tight games and dominate the crucial last 5-10 minutes go see them over the line - they have done this for years winning games by 0-3 points on a very regular basis. How many times have we heard of teams pushing Cross to the wire but not beating them. Cullyhanna were missing their 3 best players according to you but If I am not mistaken and I stand corrected are Cross not missing Aaron Cunningham, Stephen Kernan and Danny O Callaghan in various games (3 rite good players also). Personally I think Omagh will give Cross big problems (Hanratty is a powerful player but not mobile so I am not sure he will start) but Cross appear to have just that extra bit of quality and will see it done by 0-3 points. People on here are commenting on how fit and mobile Cross are, they are going to need that on Sunday as Healy park is a big pitch but still fancy them ...just
I only missed the one game v Cruppen, Levi-gate can hardly be classed as a match saying everyone in Armagh knew in advance that Dromintee weren't fielding. Cunningham and SK are two brilliant club players but O'Callaghan? Without being too disrespectful IMO Cross can more than cope without his services, a lot more than say Cullyhanna could without McKeever, Tasker etc

Regardless I agree Omagh have the potential to cause Cross problems. If they do go ultra-defensive it will be something Cross haven't really faced so far this year. Cullyhanna have probably the best defence in Armagh IMO but even they didn't go into ultra-puke mode - they tried to beat Cross by going at them but ultimately fell short.

It's shaping up for a war of attrition and with 7 countymen you can't rule out Omagh completely. Bonus territory or not it's still a potential banana skin for Cross.

time ticking away

Quote from: longballin on October 31, 2014, 10:21:25 AM
Can't see Crossmaglen being involved in a dire game. I'd imagine they won't allow omagh to play a sweeper but instead they will play with an extra forward. I thought omaghs championship run was fairly entertaining this year. I'd guess they are probably the highest scores in the league this year too.
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Whats it all about

Coalisland pipped them with 280 to omaghs 265.  Omagh are worth a punt at good odds at home and don't forget cross dumped out at this stage last year.   :o they have a chance everyone has a chance

Max Payne

Trillion promoted to Div 1 for 2015 after beating Eskra.

rrhf

Well done trillick and hard luck eskragh. That sets up an interesting rematch with the Clarkes.

BennyHarp

So Paddy Power has Omagh 6/1 and The Clarkes 2/1. I think neither should be such big odds so maybe worth a small £5 double to win £100? Alternatively Omagh are 11/10 plus 5 which is tempting too.
That was never a square ball!!

Hereiam

Where is the crowd for the omagh game

rrhf

BennyHarp

Great stuff Omagh. Still proving people wrong! Hard luck to the Clarkes, Warrenpoint seem like a very good team.
That was never a square ball!!

inroundthesquare

Fair play to Omagh, remarkable that's now 4 games they have pulled out of the fire late on. Indiscipline obviously cost Cross with the 2 sendings off. Conor Meyler looks an excellent prospect and deservedly picked up MotM.