Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhandloo

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 03, 2014, 11:01:07 AM
Give Respect, Get Respect I believe is the slogan.....
It cetainly is but unfortunately some of our prominent match officials don't seem to share that outlook. 
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

Under Lights

Quote from: redhandloo on June 03, 2014, 11:07:33 AM
It cetainly is but unfortunately some of our prominent match officials don't seem to share that outlook.

Two wrongs don't make a right and all that.

It's only a game at the end of the day- some of the abuse is a bit personal.

redhandloo

Quote from: Under Lights on June 03, 2014, 11:15:52 AM
Quote from: redhandloo on June 03, 2014, 11:07:33 AM

Two wrongs don't make a right and all that.

It's only a game at the end of the day- some of the abuse is a bit personal.

Agree wholeheartedly
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

Tyrone Gaa

Ardboe - Cookstown

I know players can use video evidence to get a suspension lifted if they feel a red card was unjust.  Is it then possible that because all championship games are recorded by the county board the CCC could review video footage to penalise players where the referee didn't deal with the incident.  Im referring to Shay McGuigan and how he stayed on the pitch is a mystery.  Also it the brawl before half time several players threw punches and headbutts.  Referee on the day was poor, Cookstown goalkeeper should of been black carded but then got up to save the penalty.

Before anyone starts crying im only asking a question.
Living the dream!!!

LeoMc

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 03, 2014, 10:12:42 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on June 03, 2014, 08:41:18 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on June 03, 2014, 07:57:18 AM
Quote from: Dell on June 02, 2014, 09:34:18 PM
The black card was meant to take the cynical aspects out of football. We can see from this weekend that is absolute rubbish. Two most obvious pieces of cynicism was the handling of dermy carlin and peter harte. The crowd in both games picked up what was going on after a few minutes but the ref two linesmen and four umpires didn't. The black card is dead in the water. Glad I'm not on twitter some shocking stuff being said about players I would hope the clubs will step in

County Board rep is rumoured to have tried to step in with one of the cases- player refused to retract his comments though. Meh.

What good would getting a black card rescinded afterwards do?
Its not like a Red where you will have a 1-2 month ban mysteriously turned into 2 yellows when the referee "reviews" his notebook.

I am assuming it was referring to a Co Board rep stepping in re comments on social networks.

Now that would make more sense, I must take more comprehension lessons.

LeoMc

Quote from: Under Lights on June 03, 2014, 10:31:19 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 03, 2014, 10:12:42 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on June 03, 2014, 08:41:18 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on June 03, 2014, 07:57:18 AM
Quote from: Dell on June 02, 2014, 09:34:18 PM
The black card was meant to take the cynical aspects out of football. We can see from this weekend that is absolute rubbish. Two most obvious pieces of cynicism was the handling of dermy carlin and peter harte. The crowd in both games picked up what was going on after a few minutes but the ref two linesmen and four umpires didn't. The black card is dead in the water. Glad I'm not on twitter some shocking stuff being said about players I would hope the clubs will step in

County Board rep is rumoured to have tried to step in with one of the cases- player refused to retract his comments though. Meh.

What good would getting a black card rescinded afterwards do?
Its not like a Red where you will have a 1-2 month ban mysteriously turned into 2 yellows when the referee "reviews" his notebook.

I am assuming it was referring to a Co Board rep stepping in re comments on social networks.

Bingo. I couldn't have been bothered addressing this.

That is not fair on the slow of thinking.

Muzz

Some serious nonsense wrote in this thread -

Im with Christmas Lights on where does "Hugh" get off on saying that Cookstown men are lucky not to start on Ardboe faithful.  Very immature. 

I wasn't at the game so cannot comment on the incidents so will leave that to everyone else.

Connor Clarke has just tweeted "Not the summer I'd planned, but devasted to find out I've ruptured my cruciate.. Few tough months ahead but I'll get there! #2015"  So no more scaremongering.

This slogan "Give Respect, Get Respect" does my head in.  Who has to give the respect first?  Does it mean that if the player doesnt show respect he shouldnt get respect? or vice versa?  Respect is most definitely a two way thing but if referee's showed a bit more respect for players then they would automatically get more respect.

EC Unique

Quote from: Muzz on June 03, 2014, 01:54:33 PM

This slogan "Give Respect, Get Respect" does my head in.  Who has to give the respect first?  Does it mean that if the player doesnt show respect he shouldnt get respect? or vice versa?  Respect is most definitely a two way thing but if referee's showed a bit more respect for players then they would automatically get more respect.

In the case of Martin Sludden he would be better to retire from refereeing. He does not know the meaning of the word respect. It also seems he does not understand the new black card rules. Best to call it a day Martin!!

Man Marker

Quote from: EC Unique on June 03, 2014, 03:51:35 PM

In the case of Martin Sludden he would be better to retire from refereeing. He does not know the meaning of the word respect. It also seems he does not understand the new black card rules. Best to call it a day Martin!!
Your sore on Martin EC, why, he rightly sent off Mc Ginley, he also sent of Colm Doris, you get your man replaced, Clonoe played with 14 players, he or his lines man ignored Hartes obvious punch before half time, in other words he didn't do you one bit of harm.

EC Unique

Quote from: Man Marker on June 03, 2014, 03:56:32 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on June 03, 2014, 03:51:35 PM

Your sore on Martin EC, why, he rightly sent off Mc Ginley, he also sent of Colm Doris, you get your man replaced, Clonoe played with 14 players, he or his lines man ignored Hartes obvious punch before half time, in other words he didn't do you one bit of harm.

You are the only person I have heard saying this. Ciaran's black card was a joke and many neutrals and even Clonoe people have said this.

Aside from that match Sludden has a reputation for showing players zero respect and generally acting the p***k. I doubt if many would miss him if he retired.

whatsthescore

Thought someone would have picked up on this by now, but how could sludden referee the Clonoe game when the winners were gonna play killyclogher or dromore , straight red Colly Doris to miss the next game (the fat f**k sludden knew what he was doing) also Cathal hagan referring a match with Paul rouse being dromores manager , Both from brackaville, the men that picked these referees are pure loco.

on the sideline

ACL Div 1 & Div 1 Reserve

Carrickmore vs. Moy
Errigal Ciaran vs. Ardboe
Clonoe vs. Eglish
Cookstown vs. Eskra
Dromore vs. Strabane
Moortown vs. Donaghmore
Augher vs. Coalisland
Killyclogher vs. Omagh (4.30pm & 6.00pm)

I take it these are starred games?

If so why are Eskra and Coalisland being made to play without their county men against two sides who will have their full compliments available? Hardly fair. Was this not the point of the starred games in first place?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: on the sideline on June 04, 2014, 12:15:29 AM
ACL Div 1 & Div 1 Reserve

Carrickmore vs. Moy
Errigal Ciaran vs. Ardboe
Clonoe vs. Eglish
Cookstown vs. Eskra
Dromore vs. Strabane
Moortown vs. Donaghmore
Augher vs. Coalisland
Killyclogher vs. Omagh (4.30pm & 6.00pm)

I take it these are starred games?

If so why are Eskra and Coalisland being made to play without their county men against two sides who will have their full compliments available? Hardly fair. Was this not the point of the starred games in first place?

Because Augher & Cookstown are the only clubs in senior without any county men, there are 5 starred games, so they have to play someone.
You could argue omagh with 6  v killyclogher with only 2 is hardly fair either, but thats just the way it is, its still the best system available.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tommo2

Quote from: whatsthescore on June 03, 2014, 11:41:23 PM
Thought someone would have picked up on this by now, but how could sludden referee the Clonoe game when the winners were gonna play killyclogher or dromore , straight red Colly Doris to miss the next game (the fat f**k sludden knew what he was doing) also Cathal hagan referring a match with Paul rouse being dromores manager , Both from brackaville, the men that picked these referees are pure loco.

That is 2 years running that O'Hagan has reffed Paul Rouses team in championship against Killyclogher. There may have been an objection lodged to this appointment before the game.

Under Lights

Quote from: Tommo2 on June 04, 2014, 08:16:56 AM
Quote from: whatsthescore on June 03, 2014, 11:41:23 PM

That is 2 years running that O'Hagan has reffed Paul Rouses team in championship against Killyclogher. There may have been an objection lodged to this appointment before the game.

Rouse back playing for Brackaville as well. Kicked 0-3 in a game last week. Has an agreement with Brackaville on weeks that he isn't with Dromore he will play- ie the championship and next weekend.

Thoughts? Shows how much of a farce his transfer to Moy was.