Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: redhandloo on June 04, 2014, 02:49:29 PM

Disclaimer: the above is sourced for witty purposes only, the Peter Hughes in question is actually just another of The Tyrone Bench Fodder along with PJ Lavery and numerous others. Only one Peter Hughes was offended by this post.

Horrible post. To term these lads as bench fodder may be tongue in cheek but unbelievably disrespectful nonetheless. These lads are part of a SQUAD. Our top thirty players in the county. They may not have been given the game time that others have received but they do deserve our respect for their efforts. I wonder how you could have handled marking PJ Lavery or Peter Hughes?
[/quote]

+1
Living the dream!!!

EC Unique

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on June 04, 2014, 01:37:14 PM
You know that the ref has had a poor game when everybody is talking about him. Was Mc Ginley a black card, to be honest I can't decide, he did trip Lavery, was it deliberate, was he that stupid. Sludden shouldn't have blacked carded him unless he was certain it was deliberately cynical, on reflection it probably wasn't deliberate. Sludden did prevent us from taking a massive lead by not awarding IMO 3 clear frees that we would have pointed to take a massive lead after he black carded Mc Ginley off. Why do most refs do this when they make a big decision against a team. I can't understand how he gave Colm Doris a straight red, it was a yellow, and regardless we would have had to play with 14, but it was not a straight red, no way. So Sludden changed  the game by sending Mc Ginley off and then not giving us frees in the immediate 5 min period after the sending off. Errigal to their credit dragged themselves back into the game, as we would have expected them to leave it a one point game. We took a two point lead after half time, and for the next 15 minutes Errigal took over at midfield, winning break after break ball, but they could score enough for the possession they had, no doubt a lot of the misses were due to pressure being exerted from our defenders, but Errigal missed three easy scores that they should not have missed. But in saying that the first time that Errigal went in front of the game we came out and the grab the game by the throat to score a goal and a point unanswered to win the game. Errigal no doubt will feel they had the chances to win this game, and they had, they can't have any complaints at the result, when you don't take the opportunities you have no one else to blame. We had chances to win the game in the final 7 minutes and we took them. A great championship game in every respect.

It is really really dreadful to think that after this weekend that 50% of sen and intermediate clubs have very little to aim for than fulfilling fixtures and playing games that have no bite in them. There will be a couple in relegation battle, but the most reading this will understand what I mean. And all I can say is thank God its not us. I have genuine sympathy. we are the only county in Ulster treating our clubs in such a manner.

You won't find anyone in Errigal to argue with that. We had ample chances to win the game and did not take them. Our anger is with the black card of Ciaran. He is a very important player for us. IMO it was def not a deliberate trip, it was a tangle of legs due to the speed of both players and the Clonoe player changing direction to run across. Never a black but was a free kick. In the period of Errigal dominance after half time Ciaran would have made a serious difference as he is so fast in attack. Would he have made the difference? I think so but we will never know. Sludden ruined the game and he offers nothing positive to Tyrone football. Has created a lot of ill feeling here and it will not be forgotten any time soon.  >:( >:(

Clonoe are now in the next round against Dromore and good luck to them. They will face Dromore without 2 big players. One who could, as you say have gotten a second yellow instead of a straight red, and one who got a red well after the final whistle. Good work Martin. ::)

Tyrone Gaa

All the red cards issued in the Errigal - Clonoe game were justified!! There can be no arguments
Living the dream!!!

HealyHellRaiser

Right EC Unique
                      I have never read as much rubbish about what you have put up since #Edendorkgate. Blaming sludden? grow a set lad, Errigal missed 10 scoring chances in the second 30 awful from their forward line. Sludden got the Mc Ginley 1 spot on, why did he even atempt to pull him done, dont put urself in that position for the ref to do such. He did get stevie mc nultys wrong in the 2nd half big deal you men where on top at that stage. I would have worse feelings for John Kelly who gave the ball away for the killer goal I mean what was he at??? Not defending sludden personally but Jesus that game was at some pace and it was a good game to watch. The ref ruined nothing. Errigal ruined my bet ffs.

EC Unique

Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on June 04, 2014, 05:09:37 PM
Right EC Unique
                      I have never read as much rubbish about what you have put up since #Edendorkgate. Blaming sludden? grow a set lad, Errigal missed 10 scoring chances in the second 30 awful from their forward line. Sludden got the Mc Ginley 1 spot on, why did he even atempt to pull him done, dont put urself in that position for the ref to do such. He did get stevie mc nultys wrong in the 2nd half big deal you men where on top at that stage. I would have worse feelings for John Kelly who gave the ball away for the killer goal I mean what was he at??? Not defending sludden personally but Jesus that game was at some pace and it was a good game to watch. The ref ruined nothing. Errigal ruined my bet ffs.

McGinley did not pull him down!! Their legs tangled and he was black carded for a deliberate trip. I have also said numerous times that we had our chance and missed it due to our wides..

Mikhailov

Quote from: Under Lights on June 04, 2014, 11:22:22 AM
Quote from: blackball on June 04, 2014, 10:43:59 AM
Quote from: inroundthesquare on June 04, 2014, 10:10:13 AM
Quote from: on the sideline on June 04, 2014, 12:15:29 AM
ACL Div 1 & Div 1 Reserve

Carrickmore vs. Moy
Errigal Ciaran vs. Ardboe
Clonoe vs. Eglish
Cookstown vs. Eskra
Dromore vs. Strabane
Moortown vs. Donaghmore
Augher vs. Coalisland
Killyclogher vs. Omagh (4.30pm & 6.00pm)

I take it these are starred games?

If so why are Eskra and Coalisland being made to play without their county men against two sides who will have their full compliments available? Hardly fair. Was this not the point of the starred games in first place?

Also Eskra's 5 starred games are all away from home. Hardly fair when Peter Hughes is such an important player.
whos peter hughes?

Estate Agent in West Sussex- massive loss to Eskra

http://www.peterhughes.co.uk/

Disclaimer: the above is sourced for witty purposes only, the Peter Hughes in question is actually just another of The Tyrone Bench Fodder along with PJ Lavery and numerous others. Only one Peter Hughes was offended by this post.

A disgraceful post from any GAA follower. Am I correct in saying that Under Lights himself requested last week on whether the C'ship panels were 26 or 30 men acknowledging the fact (as he admitted) that he was under pressure to make the C'ship squad for his own club and his team mates were looking to see what his reaction would be after the squad was named. Then he slanders a fellow gael because he cant make the starting 15 on a top county team.

Peter Hughes and PJ Lavery are 2 quality footballers who are probably not making it due to their size - nothing to do with their ability or lack of it but MH can only select 15-21 to play in any one game and believe me it is a fine achievement to make a county squad in modern day football.

They give up loads of their free time as do all footballers at any level but they do not need publicly slandered on any internet forum....

WT4E

Quote from: Mikhailov on June 04, 2014, 05:59:08 PM

Carrickmore vs. Moy
Clonoe vs. Eglish
Cookstown vs. Eskra
Dromore vs. Strabane
Moortown vs. Donaghmore
Augher vs. Coalisland

If so why are Eskra and Coalisland being made to play without their county men against two sides who will have their full compliments available? Hardly fair. Was this not the point of the starred games in first place?

Also Eskra's 5 starred games are all away from home. Hardly fair when Peter Hughes is such an important player.
whos peter hughes?

A disgraceful post from any GAA follower. Am I correct in saying that Under Lights himself requested last week on whether the C'ship panels were 26 or 30 men acknowledging the fact (as he admitted) that he was under pressure to make the C'ship squad for his own club and his team mates were looking to see what his reaction would be after the squad was named. Then he slanders a fellow gael because he cant make the starting 15 on a top county team.

Peter Hughes and PJ Lavery are 2 quality footballers who are probably not making it due to their size - nothing to do with their ability or lack of it but MH can only select 15-21 to play in any one game and believe me it is a fine achievement to make a county squad in modern day football.

They give up loads of their free time as do all footballers at any level but they do not need publicly slandered on any internet forum....

I think UL was joking when he said that!!!

Also I wouldn't take the post he put up too seriously just a bit of craic lads!

Knock Yer Mucker In

Carrickmore vs. Moy
Clonoe vs. Eglish
Cookstown vs. Eskra
Dromore vs. Strabane
Moortown vs. Donaghmore
Augher vs. Coalisland

whos peter hughes?

Again I will say PJ is not making it presently because Mickey refused to play him at WHB during the McKenna Cup or League, which is his best position, telling him he was a WHF, then when the league is over Harte tells him he is going to use at WHB in the in house games. What would you take out of that

time ticking away

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on June 04, 2014, 08:03:01 PM

Carrickmore vs. Moy
Clonoe vs. Eglish
Cookstown vs. Eskra
Dromore vs. Strabane
Moortown vs. Donaghmore
Augher vs. Coalisland

whos peter hughes?

Again I will say PJ is not making it presently because Mickey refused to play him at WHB during the McKenna Cup or League, which is his best position, telling him he was a WHF, then when the league is over Harte tells him he is going to use at WHB in the in house games. What would you take out of that
Good sign, at least Mickey is talking to him. He doesn't even speak to some of them
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on June 04, 2014, 08:03:01 PM

Carrickmore vs. Moy
Clonoe vs. Eglish
Cookstown vs. Eskra
Dromore vs. Strabane
Moortown vs. Donaghmore
Augher vs. Coalisland

whos peter hughes?

He didn't play him WHB because he has his half back line sorted and needed to see could be incorporate PJ Laverty somewhere into the team. 
5) Ciaran McGinley 6) Conor Gormley 7) Peter Harte

MH believes McGinley and Peter Harte are more suited to the half back roles for Tyrone than PJ Laverty at present, thats why he isn't playing.   

Man Marker

Xmas lights are u dim, Mc Ginley played WHF against Down. Gromley didn't start against Down FFS! What r doing posting on here.

time ticking away

He musta meant Ronan Mc Nabb and Mattie Donnelly  ;D ;D ;D :-X
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Under Lights

Quote from: WT4E on June 04, 2014, 06:17:37 PM

Carrickmore vs. Moy
Clonoe vs. Eglish
Cookstown vs. Eskra
Dromore vs. Strabane
Moortown vs. Donaghmore
Augher vs. Coalisland

whos peter hughes?

I think UL was joking when he said that!!!

Also I wouldn't take the post he put up too seriously just a bit of craic lads!

Bingo. I play in D3. Our championship isn't until God knows when.

Tyrone Bench Fodder is a term that has been coined on this very thread a few moons ago- look through the pages- a lot of calls for the non-playing panelists to be released for club games to  keep them sharp- I rate PJ and Peter Hughes highly as club players- however unfortunately we don't get to see them in a lot of club games because MH would rather see them just sitting there on the bench. As Mikhailov says himself poor PJ hasn't a chance of getting on the pitch- FODDER.

Apologies to me now regarding your complete over-reaction.

Also just to be clear I think both these players mentioned would make any club team in Tyrone and be key players- doesn't mean they have a chance to play under MH. If either start a non-qualifier Championship match for Tyrone in 2014 I will give £10 to a charity to be decided by the outraged.

Redhand Santa

They probably won't start in the ulster championship but that doesn't mean they aren't valuable squad members and won't feature in the coming years. Very few players make it in their first year. The likes of mark Donnelly,colm cavanagh etc have proved that if you work hard you can still make it even after not being an automatic starter in your first few years. Pj lavery in particular has a bit of developing to do physically at county level.

I also think it's crap to suggest they'll play no football all year. Pj will play 10 out of 15 league games for clone and the championship. He also featured in 3 or 4 McKenna cup games and at least 1 league game which make up for the starred games. You should be supporting your club players getting the honour to represent their county instead of making snide remarks in an attempt to get a dig in at Harte.

blackball

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 04, 2014, 11:13:43 PM
They probably won't start in the ulster championship but that doesn't mean they aren't valuable squad members and won't feature in the coming years. Very few players make it in their first year. The likes of mark Donnelly,colm cavanagh etc have proved that if you work hard you can still make it even after not being an automatic starter in your first few years. Pj lavery in particular has a bit of developing to do physically at county level.

I also think it's crap to suggest they'll play no football all year. Pj will play 10 out of 15 league games for clone and the championship. He also featured in 3 or 4 McKenna cup games and at least 1 league game which make up for the starred games. You should be supporting your club players getting the honour to represent their county instead of making snide remarks in an attempt to get a dig in at Harte.

Wise up and get off that high horse, It was a bit of a joke and now you are ripping the ass completely out of it and boring everybody to tears into the bargain!