Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: bogball88 on June 02, 2014, 12:27:31 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on June 02, 2014, 11:45:24 AM
After a wonderful 4 days of championship football in Tyrone, we where also greeted by some of the greatest social media comments and rants as a result of the games.

Is it all getting a bit personal and has sportsmanship went completely out of gaelic football?

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I'm more concerned by the grammar or lack of in this case!

SkillfulBill

Jesus Tyrone folk don't half like to live up to our gurreyer reputations. The club scene come championship has become a shamefull afair there are a few clubs out there need to have a real look at themselves. I attended a number of games at the weekend and watched some great battles but the behaviour of a number of club players left a lot to be desired. Granted championship generates alot of passions and long may that continue. The county board and CCC needs to review the videos of a couple of games and come down hard on any incidents which took place outside of the games themselves i.e. halftime /fulltimes or continuations after a player has been sent off. Incidents which take place during a game are all part of championship clashes but when you have players acting the maggot beyond that on a GAA pitch its time those individuals are hunted out of the game.

Up The Middle

Quote from: Under Lights on June 02, 2014, 12:21:05 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on June 02, 2014, 12:12:37 PM
Quote from: redhandloo on June 02, 2014, 12:05:39 PM
The social media thing is spiralling out of control.  Can players be sanctioned for inappropriate comments? Just a thought.

In an amateur sport, I'd say no, not at all.  Freedom of speech and all that.
Its the world we live in now.

I think it's deadly. Highlights the fookwittery and lack of common sense of people. Even better when the likes of Clonoe are celebrating on a public domain- means any fall or slip up will be highlighted in the same vein.

I'm not on any of them social media sites so keep any updates on the backlash coming.

Explain.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

hugh the root

Jayo had no notion of jumping the fence. although the man was aged Jayo knew he would have got some walloping from the ardboe faithful. mulligan tried a wee half hearted head but on Marty McKeown and again he knew what the consequences would have been . Cookstown are being coached badly and if not careful they could be back in Croke Park contesting a junior final!

Christmas Lights

Quote from: the_daddy on June 02, 2014, 12:45:13 PM
After a wonderful 4 days of championship football in Tyrone, we where also greeted by some of the greatest social media comments and rants as a result of the games.

Is it all getting a bit personal and has sportsmanship went completely out of gaelic football?

Most of those comments were made not that long after the matches finished and when emotions were running highest and have been deleted now. I suggest it's equally as shitty to highlight them now.

Its the world we live in nowadays.
Nothing on the internet is ever gone no matter how much you try to sweep it under the carpet.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: hugh the root on June 02, 2014, 12:55:39 PM
Jayo had no notion of jumping the fence. although the man was aged Jayo knew he would have got some walloping from the ardboe faithful. mulligan tried a wee half hearted head but on Marty McKeown and again he knew what the consequences would have been . Cookstown are being coached badly and if not careful they could be back in Croke Park contesting a junior final!

Cookstown have never contested a junior all Ireland final.
You need to get your facts straight hugh before ranting like that.  You now look incredibly stupid.

tyroneboi

Quote from: Christmas Lights on June 02, 2014, 01:02:04 PM

You need to get your facts straight hugh before ranting like that.  You now look incredibly stupid.

The fact you have missed his point makes u look incredibly stupid!

Christmas Lights

Quote from: tyroneboi on June 02, 2014, 01:10:11 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on June 02, 2014, 01:02:04 PM

The fact you have missed his point makes u look incredibly stupid!

And his point being that if any Cookstown person dared to try anything on an Ardboe person, they would have been beaten to within an inch of their life?

LeoMc

So its not R Patricks fault he got himself a red card, If Harte had started a row and got himself sent off it would never have happened?
:o

WT4E

R Patrick - I enjoyed these bit! Lmao

WT4E

Quote from: MCO on June 02, 2014, 12:13:00 PM
Quote from: hugh the root on June 02, 2014, 11:39:13 AM
Quote from: Moortown Spuds on June 02, 2014, 06:44:58 AM
Did i witness Jayo (the spitter) and a manager/mentor go at it on the Cookstown line?
Typical Cookstown, all fart no shite!!! They will probably win the all-ireleand intermediate next year.
Mulligan also threw a half hearted head but at Marty McKeown Lucky for him it didn't land as it would have been terrible to end a colourful career with the biggest kicking any man deserved! Jayo got involved with an elderly man but again he did nt try too hard to get over the wire as he knows the softest part of Ardboe men is their teeth!Whoever sent Cookstown out with such tactics should not be involved with any club! moy will give Ardboe their fill as they actually try to play football

Not that I'd be a huge fan of Ardboe but I was delighted with yesterday's result. Cookstown need to reflect on themselves as a club and what values they are trying to promote. I understand that its hard to control some personalities particularly those who have a certain amount of talent but it has possibly gone on long enough at this stage for Cookstown. I watched Quinn after he got sent off, what could only be described as an embarrassment, if you are going to jump a wire for god sake jump it.  A subsequent exchange(hold me back and let me at him type approach) with another Ardboe spectator who to be fair had too much vodka in his coca cola bottle during the game. The icing on the cake was Quinn's exchange of punches with Paul McGurk after the match as they left the dugout. I can only suspect Paul(a complete gentleman  FME) offered the rationale of common sense Fr Rocks clubmen of whome I know there to be many. I watched a number of occasions yesterday how Cookstown men went to ground to control the tempo of the game, occurrences clearly orchestrated from the sideline. This accompanied by their on the field values yesterday and over this last couple of years might direct huge questions at the current management structure.

Ardboe have an ability to control a game at key times which may be telling against their next opponents.

I was talking to a cookstown clubman last year and his words to me were that a lot of Gaels in Fr Rocks were looking rid of Jason Quinn. I can only assume you are right that a decent clubman like McGurk was only pulled into a row with the attention seeker.

Never had much love for Cookstown but their core would be a decent bunch trying to uphold GAA values but some bad apples give them a bad name.

Why they play Quinn at all when he's not one of their key men and there's probably as good on the bench is beyond me?

LeoMc

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 02, 2014, 12:41:59 PM

I'm more concerned by the grammar or lack of in this case!

I am just wondering what she did to him on the field? :o

Would this be the source of aggro from the Clonoe subs to the crowd behind the dugout at the final whistle?

Wee Roddy

I was at all games over the period apart from the games in Coalisland  but i must say although there was some awful challenges and tackles, that i enjoyed the fare.
Sludden, Ciaran McGinley incident apart, was quite good i thought. Sean Hurson had a tough time in the Augher Strabane game and he would have needed eyes in the back of his head to see what was going on. Cathal O'Hagan and Jerome McElroy were consistent and Fabian McGlone refereed a hard to handle game quite well. But i would really say all these men need help. Something stood out in my mind from last nights Carrickmore match. Marty Penrose was sent off for an incident that i didnt see but by all accounts it was a push. It was beside Fabian and one linesman. There was a ruck of players which meant i couldnt see what happened, or anyone on the stand side in Dunmoyle (apart from the lineman who put his flag up and fingered Penrose). The decision obviously infuriated Carmen players and supporters beside were the incident happened. I couldnt understand how the linesman seen it but a Loughmacrory man behind me hit the nail on the head when he said "would that be an Aghyaran Derg thing there?" Fabian clearly released he made a mistake listening to this idiot as twice more in the 2nd half he raised his flag but Fabian chose to ignore him and consulted his own umpires who got the decisions spot on in both counts. I watched Dermot Carlins runs being checked time after time on Saturday, right in front of the linesman but he chose to ignore it. Now i am asking the questions here, how are linemen picked for games because to me they all seem to be men that cant be trusted with championship games?

scout

boys coming on here and criticising cookstown etc. did clonoe not do all the same to errigal and yet no mention. football is football. and as colly doris said there you do what you have to do. on Ardboe-nishy o'neill must be the only likeable man on that team.most are as dirty as they come,shea mcguigan for one was more concerned about hitting men than playing ball. and mick hagan,someone who got a a bit of a shout in his ear at Moortown, and he threw the toys out of the pram and joined Ardboe and him Moortown captain at the time,says it all!with of course some brilliant footballers as well (but theyre no angels either). i thought jayo played well when on pitch.went at big mckeown and made life difficult. ardboe have too poor a defence to win championship and too hard to call some of their players best position (see mcconville,t mcguigan,k coney)

Dell

The black card was meant to take the cynical aspects out of football. We can see from this weekend that is absolute rubbish. Two most obvious pieces of cynicism was the handling of dermy carlin and peter harte. The crowd in both games picked up what was going on after a few minutes but the ref two linesmen and four umpires didn't. The black card is dead in the water. Glad I'm not on twitter some shocking stuff being said about players I would hope the clubs will step in
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak