Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: Up The Middle on April 10, 2014, 09:01:50 AM
Quote from: matchfit21 on April 09, 2014, 11:40:25 PM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on April 09, 2014, 10:01:23 PM
U serious, this is county first, club second county board. Why have you not figured that out?

Just thought the man might see a bit of sense and fairness to clubs. Bit of a joke. 5 or 6 weeks til tyrone game and they've had the players since November. 1 week wouldn't have hurt them.

Saw all our county men training with the club last night.

Our boys have been at a few sessions since we started.

Redhand Santa

U serious, this is county first, club second county board. Why have you not figured that out?

Just thought the man might see a bit of sense and fairness to clubs. Bit of a joke. 5 or 6 weeks til tyrone game and they've had the players since November. 1 week wouldn't have hurt them.

Sounds like your county men our making up excuses not to go to club training and it has nothing to do with management or the county board on this occasion.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Redhand Santa on April 10, 2014, 02:37:52 PM

Sounds like your county men our making up excuses not to go to club training and it has nothing to do with management or the county board on this occasion.

Sounds like the situation alright.  Seems like they have the attitude that they dont need to train with their club as they will walk stright into the first team anyway.

They have made matchfit21 look a right mug.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Christmas Lights on April 10, 2014, 02:55:35 PM

Sounds like the situation alright.  Seems like they have the attitude that they dont need to train with their club as they will walk stright into the first team anyway.

Wouldn't jump to too many conclusions on this one. AFAIK up the middle is a clonoe man and they trained tues, wed and thurs this week allowing the county men to train on wed night. Other clubs maybe didn't make that change and trained as usual on tues night but the county men had possibly county training on tues night (assuming this is a normal training week for the county set up). However, they should be available for any club training tomorrow night Fri - however, it does highlight the shrewd man that Cassidy is that he brings in an extra night to insure that this county men train with the club. The reality is that matchfit21 is arguably correct - the ordinary clubs need their men there as well at training and even though we know they will all start it allows for tactical work etc which in essence cannot take place in their absence as they are all probably a critical part of any clubs tactics  :o

time ticking away

If Tyrone are training on Tuesday and Thursday, what kind of training could county players be expected to do with their clubs on a Wednesday night.
Redhand Santa your love of all things county team and county board is a little nauseating at times
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

matchfit21

Quote from: Christmas Lights on April 10, 2014, 02:55:35 PM

Well we train Tuesday and Thursdays so it didn't help our cause very much. Maybe we should base things around tyrone training and that way have our county men train 4 times a week as well as squeeze a gym session or 2 the week leading up to our first league game like you geniuses do.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: time ticking away on April 10, 2014, 08:15:10 PM
If Tyrone are training on Tuesday and Thursday, what kind of training could county players be expected to do with their clubs on a Wednesday night.
Redhand Santa your love of all things county team and county board is a little nauseating at times

I'm as big into my club as most on here I'd say and will probably see a lot more club games than a lot of the ones on here giving out. I just think on a lot of occasions people complain for the sake of it and about things outside the county boards control.

Tyrone were always going to train this week given the time of year. Everyone knows they train on a Tuesday and Thursday generally. Harte cant start doing a poll of what clubs train each night. I'm sure the county players would have been available for training Monday Wednesday and Friday this week if clubs were flexible.

It will be interesting to see if Harte lets the double round of fixtures go ahead 2 weeks before the down game, I'd have some doubts over that. I used t enjoy the double round of fixtures and Friday night games.

Some decent enough games to get the league started. I always think this is a great time of year for club games and will be good to get a good run of them now before the ulster championship.

Man Marker

Your club must not have any county players, or your full of BS cause I never here you mention your club team.

Redhand Santa

Wrong on both counts. Between underage and senior I've saw 3 club games in last week. Nothing of note that needed discussed on here.

Redhand Santa

One solution to the current issue over club fixtures may be to play a league/championship together. Have the 3 competitions as normal. For each division split the 16 teams into 2 8's (either based on a draw or seeded). Play 7 games each - 3/4 at home and 3/4 away. Top 4 teams go into the quarter finals of the championship. Top in section A plays 4th in B etc. Then bottom 2 teams in each section play of in relegation play offs. County players be available for all these games. That means teams have around 7-10 games with their county players for definite and it determines which championship they play in.

Then run a separate league competition starting in March with 4 divisions of 12. Each team plays 11 games. The top team wins the league and bottom 2 are relegated. County players will play in these games if available but if not they will run as normal - they wont be put of for minors/u21's/seniors anything. Smaller teams with county players could well end up playing at a different level to the championship but they'd be a a more appropriate level without the county players. It will ensure regular games throughout the year and no big gaps.

The issue will be whether or not teams take the league competion as serious.

bigtogs

Safe journey to all travelling to our club games today. .. heading to strabane early where would we get a good family Sunday dinner in strabane or close by....

Under Lights

Quote from: bigtogs on April 13, 2014, 08:55:32 AM
Safe journey to all travelling to our club games today. .. heading to strabane early where would we get a good family Sunday dinner in strabane or close by....

Loads of places in Omagh. Rue or Sallys would be my recommendation.

Redhand Santa

I can see serious issues with the black card rule at club level. They were thrown out randomly at our game today. Some for awkward tackles while other pull downs ignored. Think there was 4 in total. How'd it work up and down the county?

EC Unique

Very strong wind in Donaghamore today. Donaghamore made good use of it to lead by 6 points at half time. Errigal dominated the second half to win by 2 points. Handy enough in the end. 8)

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Redhand Santa on April 13, 2014, 06:22:02 PM
I can see serious issues with the black card rule at club level. They were thrown out randomly at our game today. Some for awkward tackles while other pull downs ignored. Think there was 4 in total. How'd it work up and down the county?
An absolute disaster.
6 in our game today.
Complete inconsistency for what they were given out for.
Tackles that wouldn't have received a yellow before, now receiving a black card.
Supporters shouting for black cards at every challenge made, and the referee with no clue as to whether it was or not.
Ruined the game IMO
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either