Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boghopper

Will Paul Rouse be transferring to Dromore next  ;D

winghalfback

Strabane into senior football next season great for north Tyrone GAA

Goals_Will_Come

Be a big struggle for trillick to get back out of division 2, they could be stuck down there for years.

clarshack

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on November 24, 2013, 06:31:03 PM
Be a big struggle for trillick to get back out of division 2, they could be stuck down there for years.

Really? would have thought they'd be most peoples favourites to win ifc in 2014. 
greencastle and derrylaughan could be the teams that  might fall by the wayside.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: winghalfback on November 24, 2013, 04:00:29 PM

Delighted for Strabane and it's a boost for football up here, and gives the rest of us something to aim for.

I was really surprised by how subdued Trillick were today. They never really got going at all. I was also surprised by the fact it took them 40 minutes to switch markers onto Mark Devine who was excellent in the first half for Sigersons. Plenty of pace and trickery, and his ability to find space gave Strabane an out ball into the final third. If Devine had of been stopped it would've really gave Strabane very little else to work with in that their system was geared to defend deep and in numbers.

Michael Etherson had a good game for Strabane too. First time I seen him play, and he's big, strong and fast.

Delighted for Palor McNulty, and I think it's his 4th promotion. He took Beragh and Urney to Senior football, and Owen Roes to Intermediate. He's a gentleman, and a very good man manager.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Boghopper

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 24, 2013, 08:18:15 PM

Delighted for Strabane and it's a boost for football up here, and gives the rest of us something to aim for.

I was really surprised by how subdued Trillick were today. They never really got going at all. I was also surprised by the fact it took them 40 minutes to switch markers onto Mark Devine who was excellent in the first half for Sigersons. Plenty of pace and trickery, and his ability to find space gave Strabane an out ball into the final third. If Devine had of been stopped it would've really gave Strabane very little else to work with in that their system was geared to defend deep and in numbers.

Michael Etherson had a good game for Strabane too. First time I seen him play, and he's big, strong and fast.

Delighted for Palor McNulty, and I think it's his 4th promotion. He took Beragh and Urney to Senior football, and Owen Roes to Intermediate. He's a gentleman, and a very good man manager.
What club is Palor's home club, not a bad managerial record at all, was he ever your manager Norf? I'm not shocked by this result Strabane are very well organised very fit and disciplined. You got to feel for Trillick as a footballer there can surely be no worse feeling than getting relegated.

Norf Tyrone

Palor is an Urney man by birth but has lived in Strabane for about 40 years or so.

Aye- He won Div 3 for us in 2003. Good man.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

tyrone86

I think he was over Newtownstewart the year they got promoted to Senior as well.

Gaffer

Pascal McConnell pulling the plug!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

orangeman

Quote from: Gaffer on November 24, 2013, 10:58:58 PM
Pascal McConnell pulling the plug!!!

Rahilly man waiting in the wings.

nrico2006

Etherson is unbelievably fast, especially over longer distances.  A lot of athleticism in the Strabane team.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tyrone Gaa

Shocked to see Trillick go down but they will be back very soon. One of the youngest squads in the county bursting with talent. I'd expect them to make an immediate return to the top table if they can avoid injury to key men. Well done Strabane, they play a well organised defensive system that teams will find hard to break down.
Living the dream!!!

The Trap

It was not a massive shock that Strabane beat Trillick, Augher beat Edendork at same stage last year. There is not a lot of difference between a lot of teams in Division 1 and 2. If the teams below were in the same division it would be ultra competitive and this is a mixture of teams from the divisions. Does anyone think any of these teams would be too good or that any of them would not be able to compete if this was a league next year?
Cookstown
Killyclogher
Moy
Donaghmore
Augher
Eglish
Trillick
Greencastle
Derrylaughan
Moortown
Galbally
Strabane
Urney
Eskra
Edendork
Kildress
Pomeroy

Wee Roddy

What sort of a crowd will be at the league final tomorrow night? Most people wouldn't have picked these 2 sides to be in 6-8 weeks ago?
After Ardboe beating Clonoe the other night are they favourites I wonder. I cant see odds anywhere

Onthe40

Carmen are favorites Roddy. Good result for Ardboe beating the Rahillys surely but in reality they beat a half a clonoe team. Carmen will be hungry for a title and i just cant let them see this slip.