Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackball

Quote from: Club Rossa on September 14, 2012, 04:41:32 PM
Thankfully the Ulster council overturned the Tyrone ccc's farcical decision to throw us out.

Thank god the ulster council arent as useless as our county board

Club Rossa

It's a bitter blow to Ciaran McLaughlin after his smug prediction to an Ardboe official the other night that we had no chance >:(

EC Unique

Hope they get on with it soon so that the minor final can precede the senior final like it used to.

Tommo2

I heard some of the senior semi-finalists are not playing their games on Sunday. its hard to believe the league games were fixed 5 days before a semi-final. just shows how well the club player is thought of by the county board.

Just think, Tyrone players are not aloowed tp play league games for 2-3 weeks before a championship.

Boghopper

Quote from: Club Rossa on September 14, 2012, 04:41:32 PM
Thankfully the Ulster council overturned the Tyrone ccc's farcical decision to throw us out.

Calling the County Board a farce is an understatement! The CCC consistantly interpret rules to suit themselves with certain clubs having the letter of the law applied to the nth degree while other clubs have a blind eye turned to their indiscretions.

The standard of refereeing is abysmal and I feel that this comes from the very top! Some of the stories I have heard recently have truly shocked me with suspended players beig cleared when they shouldn't and with players who have been on the receiving end being contacted and induced to write letters in support of the suspended players.

Delighted to hear that Ulster Council used common and reinstated Ardboe into the Minor Championship!

Bring back club football

Quote from: Tommo2 on September 15, 2012, 09:19:26 AM
I heard some of the senior semi-finalists are not playing their games on Sunday. its hard to believe the league games were fixed 5 days before a semi-final. just shows how well the club player is thought of by the county board.

Just think, Tyrone players are not aloowed tp play league games for 2-3 weeks before a championship.

This year has been a complete and utter joke in Tyrone at underage and senior levels with a complete lack of structure to provide consistant games at all levels.

Players wait round for weeks and weeks with no games all so as to keep county managers happy and then they get fixtures fired at them left, right and centre.

There will probably be a rush now to get all the games played off by November in time to allow all the county teams to start to train for next year.

EC Unique

Well done Errigal ladies. Senior county champions. Hope the men can follow.  :)

Norf Tyrone

Killyman travelled down to ourselves today for an evening league game. Some of our guys had cut their hours at work to play, and some had come home early from a wedding the night before.

And no ref turned up.

That's another week added to the season!  >:(
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

I was f**ked off and only had to cross the road!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

clarshack

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 15, 2012, 11:53:15 PM
Killyman travelled down to ourselves today for an evening league game. Some of our guys had cut their hours at work to play, and some had come home early from a wedding the night before.

And no ref turned up.

That's another week added to the season!  >:(

First of all, well done to our u-16's who reached our 1st ever proper grade 1 final today (og sport probably doesnt count as its 7 a side), beating the fianna after extra time.   :) we play errigal ciaran next weekend in the final. a real david and goliath clash!

Onto Norf's issue - Is the fine still £50 for the referees club. not much of a deterrant tbh.

glad to see ardboe minors back in.  a week after the ardboe debacle, our u-16's and u-14's had games that should have went to extra time but because it was getting dark the referee used common sense and the games ended up in replays. why should ardboe suffer due to a weak referee. tbf to ulster council they do usually use the common sense approach.

Tommo2

I take it Carmen & Errigal played weakened teams in the league today.

EC Unique

Quote from: Tommo2 on September 16, 2012, 09:53:08 PM

I take it Carmen & Errigal played weakened teams in the league today.

Errigal's reserves.

Wee Roddy

Carmen were the same. I think there was 3 starters from the Coalisland game playing. Its just a pity we werent playing someone in relegation trouble too to highlight the complete farce it is.
EC there was a massive crowd at the ladies final yesterday. Its a shame the referee was playing to them though, an eegit if the highest degree. Congratulations on a well deserved victory

Radda bout yeee

I don't know all of the errigal players but glad they didn't have the Tyrone senior lads past and present playing plus daisy! Although it would be a pretty strong reserve side are the following reserves just out of interest:
Paul Quinn
Ronan McCrory
Stephen McCrory
Jk
Neil mcgarvey
Caolan tierney

Kildress should have won by more but considering the weakened errigal side that's not surprising!!

Wee Roddy

Someone probably would off only it was a woman >:(
On the Errigal, Kildress game, i think only Tierney started their championship game. Jesus but Errigal have some pool of players, perhaps too many if you know what i mean!