Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Bonkers09

Dromore should win easily, they are on paper the best team in Tyrone.  Hence why they are 4/6 to win the championship. Carmen to pull through against Errigal to set up a mouth watering final

KIDDO 4

Draws for the Minor Championship Semi Finals:

Grade 1
Ardboe or Cookstown v Errigal Ciaran - (Ardboe v Cookstown replay to take place on Sunday 30th September @ 12noon)
Clonoe v Trillick - Wednesday 26th September (time & venue to be confirmed)

Grade 2
Eglish v Fintona - Wednesday 26th September (time & venue to be confirmed)
Stewartstown v Pomeroy - Tuesday 25th September (time & venue to be confirmed)

Grade 3
Aghaloo v Tattyreagh - Tuesday 25th September (time & venue to be confirmed)
Killeeshil v Clann Na Gael - Wednesday 26th September (time & venue to be confirmed)

The following dates were also decided for League Quarter Finals

Minor League Quarter Finals
Saturday 22nd September @ 1:30pm
Ardboe v Loughmacrory
Omagh v Donaghmore

Sunday 30th September @ 12 noon
Tattyreagh v Gortin
Aghaloo v Castlederg
Drumragh v Rock
Clann Na Gael v Killeeshil

Club Rossa

Any venue confirmed for Ardboe v Cookstown?

Norf Tyrone

Midweek minor games are harsh on those working away from home or more obviously cross channel, and down south students.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Tommo2

Odds from Paddy Power for weekend semi-finals:

Carrickmore 10/11 v Errigal Ciaran   6/5      Draw - 6/1   

Dromore 1/6 v Killyclogher 5/1         Draw - 9/1   

EC Unique

Ref for Dromore Killyclogher game is Jerome Mc Elroy . Carrickmore Errigal game is Fergal Daly.

gardrumchum

Quote from: Tommo2 on September 19, 2012, 03:27:36 PM
Odds from Paddy Power for weekend semi-finals:

Carrickmore 10/11 v Errigal Ciaran   6/5      Draw - 6/1   

Dromore 1/6 v Killyclogher 5/1         Draw - 9/1

Have to fancy Dromore tomorrow night especially with Carlin and Swift not in the Killyclogher team. 1/6 not much of a price mind you.

Wee Roddy

Im hearing flu and injury is destroying both Carmen and Errigal camps! Any truth anyone?
Is Dermot Carlin really not playing tonight?

The Beard

Fairly quiet build up to games this weekend on the board so gona fire out few predictions to see what people think

dromore vs killyclogher: should be a victory for dromore but probably not as straightforward as alot of people are thinking. I have yet to see Kappa well beat in a championship match in years, even playing red hot Na Fianna team a few years ago wasnt much in it in the end. Dromore will have Leo and young Donnelly well marshaled and could see their best chance of scores coming from simy oneill frees. if its true dermy isnt playing, will be a massive blow. One thing for sure is that killyclogher wont be over awed by Dromore, or shy away so  expecting very physical dogged battle with Eoin Bradley, Ryan mcAleer and Conor Meenan to get seriously stuck into Dromore. Kappa should be able to handle mccusker well enough with either karl donnelly or gary wallace marking him, probably donnelly. he'll still kick 2-3 but problem is that dromore arent as reliant on him any more so think their midfield, half back and forwards will kick a right spread of scores so dromore by 4-5.

carmen-errigal: difficult game to call here cos more emotionally involved. heart says errigal. head says carmen. we were very impressive in first half against a poor omagh team and really couldnt handle it when they stepped it up second half. great defence but seriously lacking a top class forward to get us over the line in matches. alot of good players around same standard but mccuskers, coneys or penroses that other teams have. thats a problem. in saying that, strong midfield and half back line should chip in with quite a few scores and carmens defence isnt what it used to be. alot of men emigrated away so hopefully forwards can pull us through. our defence is very strong aswell so even if carmen move donnelly and penrose to more advanced roles, id expect us to handle them as well as can be expected with aidy macrory, rio quinn, davy and pete. so all in all, low scoring game but just worry carmen have extra class up front to nip ahead, carmen by 1-2

thats my thoughts anyway, probably end up with egg on my face come sunday evening, in fact hope i am, errigal-kappa final would be just lovely :)

Wee Roddy

I would say Carmen have one of the best scoring averages in the county so their defence cant be that bad, and that was the whole year without Collie McGurk and Wee Dan only returned after 4 or 5 matches too. For a change our young players are good fast defenders.

The Beard

fair enough, you'd know more about carmen than me, i was just going on the fact benny mclaughlin, paeder mcmahon, hughes are missing and didnt realise collie mcgurk was back who is probably along with mccusker top club player in tyrone over past 5-6 years. if thats the case then our forward line is going to struggle for scores but sure we'll see. you never know with football, thats the beauty of it

bennydorano

Where & when is Errigal game? considering going for my first Classico ( streamed live anywhere?)

barelegs

Pomeroy tomorrow afternoon at 4.30. The Intermediate game beforehand should be a cracker as well. It starts at 3.

tyssam5

teamtalkmag.com commentary working well anyway. Fair play to them.