Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

A great servant and a great character within Tyrone football.  M.o.m. In aif 03. Done a lot of the spadework and had the best left foot in Tyrone football.

bigtogs

kevin Hughes some service to this county from  97/98 some career well done thanks for the memories.

giveherlong

any word on the tyrone captain for the year ahead? seen somewhere  ??? cavanagh is in the setanta studio for the tyrone game on saturday evening

rrhf

In fairness there's still a few leaders about.  Id like gormley or joe mc

Put A Name On Er

Quote from: rrhf on January 30, 2012, 08:58:43 PM
A great servant and a great character within Tyrone football.  M.o.m. In aif 03. Done a lot of the spadework and had the best left foot in Tyrone football.

Best left boot in tyrone football?

All respect to Hub, fine servant and a really nice guy as well!

Hope he keeps plugging away at club football, plenty of miles left in the tank yet

ballymac

League to start on 1st April with minors on 3rd April while u 16s should be going at start of march. No fixtures out yet although gradings are sorted out for youth teams.

tyronehead

Talk I heard was they were going to play two rounds before the Armagh game June 10 on the weekends of May 11-13 and May 25-27 .
There will be opposition from some quarters but clubs like Coalisland and Clonoe with players going to the states in the past are pushing hard for it to go through.I think it would be a good thing .
This is going to happen and starting the leagues earlier is all part of the strategy.I had it confirmed this week by one of the conty backroom.Clubs that have previously lost young lads to the states etc are very much in favour as with championship momentum built it might help keep them at home.I see no reason for this not to hapen.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: tyronehead on January 31, 2012, 07:19:10 PM
Talk I heard was they were going to play two rounds before the Armagh game June 10 on the weekends of May 11-13 and May 25-27 .
There will be opposition from some quarters but clubs like Coalisland and Clonoe with players going to the states in the past are pushing hard for it to go through.I think it would be a good thing .This is going to happen and starting the leagues earlier is all part of the strategy.I had it confirmed this week by one of the conty backroom.Clubs that have previously lost young lads to the states etc are very much in favour as with championship momentum built it might help keep them at home.I see no reason for this not to hapen.

Thats the biggest pile of dung. We prefer the championship format of the season just past. League and then c'ship in August.

Up The Middle

Tyrone head there the 2nd time you have posted that, anyone would think you were trying to goad a response, pretty similar to your previous posts about managers from the lough shore area. Maybe I'm wrong and you just have a stutter
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

loughshore lad

There will be opposition from some quarters but clubs like Coalisland and Clonoe with players going to the states in the past are pushing hard for it to go through.I think it would be a good thing .
This is going to happen and starting the leagues earlier is all part of the strategy.I had it confirmed this week by one of the conty backroom.Clubs that have previously lost young lads to the states etc are very much in favour as with championship momentum built it might help keep them at home.I see no reason for this not to hapen.

Surely if a team went out of the championship in May then their players would be more likely to head off  ???

Playing the league and then championship seemed to work well last year.  Wont suit the financial people but the majority of others would probably be in favour.

oakleafgael

The league and championship worked well enough last year with the exception of the time taken with the replays. There was no reason, apart from trying to get a big gate, that it should have taken so long. it didn't do Dromore many favours when it came to the Ulster Championship.

everymanaman

Quote from: loughshore lad on January 31, 2012, 10:50:53 PM

Surely if a team went out of the championship in May then their players would be more likely to head off  ???

Playing the league and then championship seemed to work well last year.  Wont suit the financial people but the majority of others would probably be in favour.

I think the only dissenting voices for the playing of the cship later in the season is indeed coming from the money men. They want money in the coffers early for some reason. Players and clubs are far from being their priority

tyronehead

At the end of the day everyone wants to see quality games throughout the season ,club championships the way they are being proposed with two games before the Armagh game would be a great idea and really build up the momentum for the Summer rather than the crammed farce we had last year.It will give the serious clubs time to plan for a championship and also leave the winners a better chance of achieving in Ulster.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: tyronehead on February 01, 2012, 10:36:32 AM
At the end of the day everyone wants to see quality games throughout the season ,club championships the way they are being proposed with two games before the Armagh game would be a great idea and really build up the momentum for the Summer rather than the crammed farce we had last year.It will give the serious clubs time to plan for a championship and also leave the winners a better chance of achieving in Ulster.

Please explain to us the stupid folk on this thread, how two championship games in may would give the serious clubs time to prepare for the championship?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: tyronehead on February 01, 2012, 10:36:32 AM

???
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either