Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCO

Quote from: everymanaman on February 01, 2012, 09:54:09 AM
Quote from: loughshore lad on January 31, 2012, 10:50:53 PM
Quote from: tyronehead on January 31, 2012, 07:19:10 PM
Talk I heard was they were going to play two rounds before the Armagh game June 10 on the weekends of May 11-13 and May 25-27 .
There will be opposition from some quarters but clubs like Coalisland and Clonoe with players going to the states in the past are pushing hard for it to go through.I think it would be a good thing .
This is going to happen and starting the leagues earlier is all part of the strategy.I had it confirmed this week by one of the conty backroom.Clubs that have previously lost young lads to the states etc are very much in favour as with championship momentum built it might help keep them at home.I see no reason for this not to hapen.

Surely if a team went out of the championship in May then their players would be more likely to head off  ???

Playing the league and then championship seemed to work well last year.  Wont suit the financial people but the majority of others would probably be in favour.

I think the only dissenting voices for the playing of the cship later in the season is indeed coming from the money men. They want money in the coffers early for some reason. Players and clubs are far from being their priority
There is of course the other breed of money man who would have more to gain financially the later the championship was to run... ;)

Man Marker

Quote from: tyronehead on February 01, 2012, 10:36:32 AM
At the end of the day everyone wants to see quality games throughout the season ,club championships the way they are being proposed with two games before the Armagh game would be a great idea and really build up the momentum for the Summer rather than the crammed farce we had last year.It will give the serious clubs time to plan for a championship and also leave the winners a better chance of achieving in Ulster.

When wer handing out awards at the end of the year, can I propose tyronehead for the 'd**khead of the Year' award lol :D

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: Man Marker on February 01, 2012, 11:26:21 AM
At the end of the day everyone wants to see quality games throughout the season ,club championships the way they are being proposed with two games before the Armagh game would be a great idea and really build up the momentum for the Summer rather than the crammed farce we had last year.It will give the serious clubs time to plan for a championship and also leave the winners a better chance of achieving in Ulster.

When wer handing out awards at the end of the year, can I propose tyronehead for the 'd**khead of the Year' award lol :D

www.hoganstand.com -they miss you. Take Tyronehead with you.

Man Marker

As a Moy man posting under the name of moortown spuds, you should join us.

everymanaman

Are you by any chance related to someone on the CCC in Tyrone as they are the only ones advocating May cship. I fail to see how teams being knocked out of the club cship in May can be of benefit to club players. There was no need for an extra weeknd off after replays last season. Again, seemed to be a ruse to spread matches to maximise revenue. CCC, as far as I can see, have little regard for the welfare of Tyrone clubs in the Ulster club cship

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Man Marker on February 01, 2012, 11:43:30 AM
As a Moy man posting under the name of moortown spuds, you should join us.

LMAO - I enjoyed that one!

Tommo2

Any clubs badly affected by the exodus of players to Oz. Its bound to have a major impact on some teams this year. You may see some teams not able to field reserve teams.

clarshack

Quote from: Tommo2 on February 01, 2012, 04:58:14 PM
Any clubs badly affected by the exodus of players to Oz. Its bound to have a major impact on some teams this year. You may see some teams not able to field reserve teams.

we've lost a few key men to oz. i'd be happy enough to repeat what we did last year (main thing is to avoid relegation) and then make a push again in 2013 when our successful og sport players from 2011 will be able to play at senior level.

DoYerJob Linesman

Some draconian suspensions handed down to Derrytresk.
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

ziggysego

8 Derrytresk men suspended, according to Twitter.
Testing Accessibility

Carmen Stateside

Can't see any of the starting team being suspended, from the clips shown it seems that it was coaches and subs that done the pushing and shoving.  Dromid any suspensions?

bigfrank

Devastating Blow for Derrytresk

Teamtalkmag.com can tonight confirm that Derrytresk have been dealt a devastating blow ahead of Sunday weeks All Ireland Junior Football Championship final in Croke Park.

Four of the starting team and four substitutes have received bans that will see them miss the All Ireland Final on 12th February. In addition to this the club have been fined 5000 euro by the CCCC.

The word coming from Kerry is that Dromid have had three players suspended, one for 5 months, and have been hit with a 2000 euro fine.

It goes without saying that the Derrytresk club have begun the process of appealing the bans handed down to them. While it is hoped that the appeal process is successful for the players it doesn't take away from the fact that it leaves the club and players with huge uncertainty as they attempt to make preparations for the final.

Everyone at Teamtalkmag.com wish the club every success with the upcoming appeal and hope that those involved in the process will look beyond the media hysteria generated by those who should know better.

Come on 'the Hill'

Carmen Stateside

Hopefully under appeal they can get at least two of the starters back for the final. 

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.