Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Dvestating blow for thr men from the Hill. There's no doubt that Derrytresk were going to get punsihed but this is serious compared with how other rows have been dealt with locally and nationally.

You can't help but feel a degree of sympathy with Derrytresk.

barelegs

Herald reporting that Joe McKee, Mickey Robinson, Sean Slater and Kevin Campbell have been suspended. I can't for the life of me see what Campbell is meant to have done in the video.

http://www.ulsterherald.com/2012/02/01/major-blow-to-all-ireland-hopes-after-derrytresk-handed-hefty-suspensions/

ziggysego

Dromid knew what they were doing by going crying to the media. People like Joe Duffy and his readers/listeners put a lot of pressure on the GAA and unfortunately they won.

Dromid are a disgrace to the GAA and along with Dr. Crokes, are everything that's wrong with modern sport in Ireland.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Quote from: barelegs on February 01, 2012, 09:22:46 PM
Herald reporting that Joe McKee, Mickey Robinson, Sean Slate and Kevin Campbell have been suspended. I can't for the life of me see what Campbell is meant to have done in the video.

http://www.ulsterherald.com/2012/02/01/major-blow-to-all-ireland-hopes-after-derrytresk-handed-hefty-suspensions/

Jaysus lads but this is a shocking blow to Derrytresk. Can't see them doing much in the final now. But hopefully they can lift themselves and take the cup to the Hill.

LeoMc

Quote from: barelegs on February 01, 2012, 09:22:46 PM
Herald reporting that Joe McKee, Mickey Robinson, Sean Slater and Kevin Campbell have been suspended. I can't for the life of me see what Campbell is meant to have done in the video.

Logan should be able to make a good defence for Campbell based on the video. Hopefully he can get his suspension lifted at least. Mickey Robinson would not have much hope though.

EC Unique

Quote from: ziggysego on February 01, 2012, 09:30:26 PM
Dromid knew what they were doing by going crying to the media. People like Joe Duffy and his readers/listeners put a lot of pressure on the GAA and unfortunately they won.

Dromid are a disgrace to the GAA and along with Dr. Crokes, are everything that's wrong with modern sport in Ireland.

Spot on. Good luck to them in the appeal.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

No doubt the Derrytresk lads are gutted, especially those who look like missing out on an All Ireland final. But if the team weren't determined before, what is this not gonna do?

The 'us against the world' mentality has helped bring All Irelands to Tyrone teams in the best, lets hope the Hill men can upset the odds and bring another All Ireland to the county.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Shadylimp

Sorry but I don't understand where all this sympathy is coming from for derrytresk. I'm a tyrone man who would obviously love to see them win BUT from just looking at the video, no matter who started it, its clear to see the derrytresk substitutes and officials jumping onto the field of play to get involved in a fight. Provoked or not you simply cannot do this and in the rules of the GAA you must be punished. Unfortunate for derrytresk but that's the way it is.
'Oh honey I didn't get drunk. I just went into a strange fantasy world'

orangeman

Quote from: Shadylimp on February 01, 2012, 11:56:05 PM
Sorry but I don't understand where all this sympathy is coming from for derrytresk. I'm a tyrone man who would obviously love to see them win BUT from just looking at the video, no matter who started it, its clear to see the derrytresk substitutes and officials jumping onto the field of play to get involved in a fight. Provoked or not you simply cannot do this and in the rules of the GAA you must be punished. Unfortunate for derrytresk but that's the way it is.

Seriously ? You've no sympathy at all ?.

Going by other rows in Tyrone and further afield, it would seem to me that Derrytresk have been well and truly hammered compared to other incidents of indiscipline. The high profile media campaign, nut heled by Dromid's reaction, has undoubtedly ramped up the pressure on the CCC to make an example of a soft target like the Hill men. €5000 is a scandalous fine.

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Disgraceful decision by the ccc. If this stands Tyrone should abandon their league game in Croke Park and Derrytresk shouldn't go to the final. The amount of abuse that I have read a bout Derrytresk and Northern Gaels this last few days on various web sites has been an eye opener. The punishment in no way reflects the crime.

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: orangeman on February 02, 2012, 12:03:51 AM

Seriously ? You've no sympathy at all ?.

Going by other rows in Tyrone and further afield, it would seem to me that Derrytresk have been well and truly hammered compared to other incidents of indiscipline. The high profile media campaign, nut heled by Dromid's reaction, has undoubtedly ramped up the pressure on the CCC to make an example of a soft target like the Hill men. €5000 is a scandalous fine.

X1 although i dont agree with a fine of that scale. GAA have got more than enough friom Derrytresk through their attendance to the All Ireland final. £2000 woulda been more than enough. The actions of the Derryresk sub bench brought this on im with shadylamp as cruel and as harsh as i may sound when you behave like that on a scene of that magnatude the penalty is normally big compared to with your county.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

nrico2006

Jumping on to the pitch is hardly a cardinal sin, and from what I saw it was no worse a row than you see in the majority of games on TV all summer yet there is nothing done about it in most cases.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

blewuporstuffed

i have no problem with Derrytresk, getting bans for what happened, and there are a few players that can have no complaints, the problem is, like with most disciplinary sanctions in the GAA, they seemed to have decided the number of people they were going to suspend  from each side and then went looking for indiscresions.cant see what the full back is supposed to have done to warrant missing an all ireland final.
the other problem is that one week, a club will be slapped with bans like this, the next for a similar or worse incident, there will be very little happen.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tommo2

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 02, 2012, 08:42:36 AM

Jumping on to the pitch is hardly a cardinal sin, and from what I saw it was no worse a row than you see in the majority of games on TV all summer yet there is nothing done about it in most cases.

I feel sorry in a way for Derrytresk. However, I think teams that fight on the pitch, have subs and/or mentors involved in fights need to be punished. If the Tyrone County Board had dealt with the likes of Carrickmore & Dromore more foreably, then it may have served as a deterant for teams like Derrytresk. Unfortunately for them, these suspensions will now act as a deterant for other teams.

They are the test case, but the GAA needs to come down heavy on this crap which takes place on our pitches every week. Just cos it is no worse than what has gone before, doesnt make it acceptable.

MCO

Quote from: Tommo2 on February 02, 2012, 10:40:32 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on February 02, 2012, 08:42:36 AM

I feel sorry in a way for Derrytresk. However, I think teams that fight on the pitch, have subs and/or mentors involved in fights need to be punished. If the Tyrone County Board had dealt with the likes of Carrickmore & Dromore more foreably, then it may have served as a deterant for teams like Derrytresk. Unfortunately for them, these suspensions will now act as a deterant for other teams.

They are the test case, but the GAA needs to come down heavy on this crap which takes place on our pitches every week. Just cos it is no worse than what has gone before, doesnt make it acceptable.
All this attention, while of little comfort to Derrytresk will act as a serious deterrent I'd imagine within our own club scene for 2012. There is a whole other side to this scenario although and the way things look to be heading is one no doubt for discussion in the future.
If a man take a punch, should he hit back or take the clout. Yes he should take the hit. Does he stand on his feet or should he hit the ground. For fear of being hit again and providing he has the option the latter would possibly be the more sensible option. If going to ground will we see a greater emphasis on getting the man sent off, most definetely. I suppose it all comes back to the first guy not lifting the hand in the first place and players being more manly in taking and giving physical tackles and shoulder hits.