Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: hardstation on January 26, 2012, 03:01:52 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on January 26, 2012, 02:49:21 PM
Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on January 26, 2012, 12:39:26 PM
Is anybody else sick of Derrytresk ones Gloating about how good they are??..some of their players are cringy arrogant it would annoy you.listening to some of the they think theyl go straight to senior!! have they forgot about the past 25 years? can wait to they get back to the real world in a few months time!

Ah ffs the lads are in an All Ireland Final, theres not too many of us can say we played in one, let them have their moment in the sun.

I think its great for football in the parish and can only push on the teams around them.
Exactly. Good old fashioned begrudgery from nothingbettertobeat. Have you nothing better to be at?

nail + head
First on the field and last to leave

Up The Middle

I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on January 26, 2012, 04:01:15 PM
Is anybody else sick of Derrytresk ones Gloating about how good they are??..some of their players are cringy arrogant it would annoy you.listening to some of the they think theyl go straight to senior!! have they forgot about the past 25 years? can wait to they get back to the real world in a few months time!

Ah ffs the lads are in an All Ireland Final, theres not too many of us can say we played in one, let them have their moment in the sun.

I think its great for football in the parish and can only push on the teams around them.
Exactly. Good old fashioned begrudgery from nothingbettertobeat. Have you nothing better to be at?

nail + head

its no begrudgery its just i dont get where their arrogance has come from?maybe its not apparent from the outside looking in but alot of them going over serious dribble of what is in the pipeline of this "hugely talented side". I for one cant see them being at the business end in Division Two next season.I can understand the Kerrymen's fustrations at the final whistle its hard enough feeling knowing youve lost an All Ireland semi final without your opponents on the day setting out to deliberately rub your noses in it to get a reaction.not a bit of wonder things got heated.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

ziggysego

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on January 26, 2012, 01:58:36 PM
Well cookstown road the road to glory at intermediate a couple of year ago, getting promoted to senior, they are now back in intermediate. Theres a yardstick. ;D

Yeah well, Greencastle stayed up.

Seriously, what's with all the begrudgery? Good Luck Derrytresk, KHL!
Testing Accessibility

winghalfback

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on January 26, 2012, 04:40:29 PM

nail + head

its no begrudgery its just i dont get where their arrogance has come from?maybe its not apparent from the outside looking in but alot of them going over serious dribble of what is in the pipeline of this "hugely talented side". I for one cant see them being at the business end in Division Two next season.I can understand the Kerrymen's fustrations at the final whistle its hard enough feeling knowing youve lost an All Ireland semi final without your opponents on the day setting out to deliberately rub your noses in it to get a reaction.not a bit of wonder things got heated.

maybe you should not bother commenting on Derrytresks amazing achievement if it annoys you so much as someone else said let them enjoy their moment. Being from the same parish I can say no other football club will reach those heights to soon and we are all behing them. As for their physical stature from another commenter they have met bigger on this run they have been on and have faired out ok so I dont see that as a major factor against them.

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: winghalfback on January 26, 2012, 06:21:41 PM
Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on January 26, 2012, 04:40:29 PM

nail + head

maybe you should not bother commenting on Derrytresks amazing achievement if it annoys you so much as someone else said let them enjoy their moment. Being from the same parish I can say no other football club will reach those heights to soon and we are all behing them. As for their physical stature from another commenter they have met bigger on this run they have been on and have faired out ok so I dont see that as a major factor against them.

It's a message board everybody is entitled to write whatever they feel like writing. As long as there not insulting any individual. I don't agree with Derryresks rough house tactics and for one would like it highlighted. They done it all through the Tyrone campaign and Ulster aggravating men off the ball and shouting and crowing in men's faces after scores during games. just can't stand it personally but I don't see anybody asking why Sundays game erupted or happened.from what i see it's all backing what derrytresk has achieved most of them people have followed their run this season from the computer and havent witnessed some of the tactics thats employed to win some of them games if your going to behave like that and extend Tyrone and Northern teams already poor credibility throughout Ireland by emptying dugouts and not obeying orders to stay off the field then you have to deal with the consequences. Its incidents like Sundays that has deprived people of encroaching onto the pitch after All Ireland final wins in recent years if the player safety isnt even guarenteed never mind that of the supporter itself.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Aaron Boone

Quote from: EC Unique on January 26, 2012, 03:22:28 PM
How is the training going? everyone back? Our lads started last weekend with the new manager.

There's a chance a Div2 or 3 team going back to training now will end up winning their Ulster Club come November. The standard has been set over the last five years. It could be you.

No similar standard at Div 1 senior level unfortunately. Dromore edged out by Cross in 2007 the closest I mind to a provincial  breakthrough.

Radda bout yeee

How is the training going? everyone back? Our lads started last weekend with the new manager.

No word of training starting in our club - time enough yet - theres far too much pre season training done. Theres no fixtures out yet!  ;)

EC what about the appointment of your new manager - i was a bit shocked when i heard the news! Interviewed for Kildress job last year and was unsuccessful and I think Derrylaughan made him walk??
Interesting!!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on January 27, 2012, 10:37:03 AM

No word of training starting in our club - time enough yet - theres far too much pre season training done. Theres no fixtures out yet!  ;)

EC what about the appointment of your new manager - i was a bit shocked when i heard the news! Interviewed for Kildress job last year and was unsuccessful and I think Derrylaughan made him walk??
Interesting!!

whos the new errigal manager?

when are the fixtures due out?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

DownFanatic

Lads, just so I can get the picture here. Over the years have Derrytresk been consistently the whipping boys of Tyrone football? Have they always been in the bottom divisions?

EC Unique

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 27, 2012, 10:38:46 AM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on January 27, 2012, 10:37:03 AM

Interesting!!

whos the new errigal manager?

when are the fixtures due out?

Ronan Mc Guckian from Balinderry. I have no idea how he got the job and will reserve judgement but I hope he does well. Personally I would rather have appointed an internal manager but he will get my full support.

Wee Roddy

As far as I know Derrytresk have always been in Junior. It just goes to show what a bit of belief and can do. They finished in the lower realms of Division 3 in 2010.
On another note how many clubs have got internal managers? I would have thought it was the way to go at the moment but our guys thought otherwise. In recent times Monroe is the only internal manager to win a championship with Carrickmore. It took Noel Maginn to finish what internal men started, Clonoe had to get Cassidy. Coalisland bucked the trend with Herron and O'Hagan. What would Errigals record be like? Do clubs not have enough Tony McEntees within their ranks to gain the respect of the lads they played with?

ONeill

Derrytresk had a decent team in the late 80s and early 90s. They yo-yoed between Junior and Intermediate at least 3 times in that period and were a match for Derrylaughan and Clonoe back then. In the mid-90s they also won promotion but went straight back down again. They were NEVER a championship team though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

EC Unique

Errigal have had success with both internal and external managers. First Ulster title with Ball, second with Harte.

bigtogs

Derrytresk intermediate in 1995 they got relegated but got too semi final of the championship...