Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

What is the Grade 3 minor side 'Michael Cusacks' an amalgamation of?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Wee Roddy on June 19, 2007, 04:33:35 PM
Mr Harkin will get no sympathy in my part of the world...

Sympathy not being asked for. It's about discipline, or the lack thereof, where a club is so out of control that an official from the visiting team is assaulted by a functionary of the home team. That the visiting team official also happens to be a well-known County official, and that this club is already effectively on probation for previous form, only serves to underline just how far out of control they really are.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

phpearse

We played Urney a few years back in an U16 championship match and beat them in their own patch. Our lads eventually lost to Ardboe that year in the semi final. We then met Urney again later on in the year in the league semi final. They beat us well and we couldn't undertand the turn in performance in the team. Urney then played Moortown in the final and beat them. However it later transpired that they field 3 illegal players in that final. Didn't hear if it was 3 overage players or 3 players from another club. In any case they had their title taken from them. Our lads were gutted that they missed the chance of them appearing in the final. Any club that allows their underage teams to cheat and field illegal players dosen't deserve to be affiliated to the GAA. You have to imagine that the chairman and committee of the club would have known that they were playing illegal players at that time, so to hear these stories is no surprise.

KIDDO

Coalisland defeated Cookstown , 3.10, to 1.9, in the Tyrone minor championship quarter final tonight , at Cookstown.

Norf Tyrone

I'm not here on a wind up, and it's a coincidence that I'm posting this following the previous thread...

Minor Grade 2 QF: Urney 0-6 Owen Roe's 3-8.

This is a very good Urney side by all accounts, so to beat them on their own patch tonight is a big boost for usons!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

KIDDO

Other quarter final  minor championship results in Tyrone on Tuesday night , Greencastle 2.11, Donaghmore2.8,and  Pomeroy 2.8 Ardboe 1.10.

orangeman

Not that it applies to us, but are the quarter finals of the SFC fixed yet ? If so, when ? Also what about IFC etc. ? Thanks.

rrhf

Theres a strong rumour of the weekend after the Ulster final Orangeman for senior 1/4 ers, but Im sure that depends on the result.   

laceer

heard that ifc is on the week after the ulster final as well

Norf Tyrone

Yip
Senior, Inter and junior to be played weekend after Ulster final. No dates released for fixtures yet though.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

amigo

the daddy,
I think you are right it will probably be aug/sep before we see the senior Q/Fs played.

Wee Roddy

Fionntamhnach, I was talking to a Loughmacrory man after the ladies game in Beragh and he said that result would bring ladies football on greatly over the next few years with Carmen finished and out of the way for a few years. I repeated this to a friend of mine, who to be honest has a greater insight into ladies football and he promply offered to take any bet against Carrickmore winning the championship back next year at any odds! He said that Eilish Gormley and Lynette Hughes were only training for a short time and where not fit, Connie Fox would be back in a month, Eleanor Fox likewise, allied to the fact that he thinks the managment stayed a year to long, selecting relatives etc before people that should be starting.
As a nuetral, what is your honest opinion- are they finished or was the undefeated run bound to end?

Orangeman, who are Arbdoes suspended men at present?

loughshore lad

Quote from: Wee Roddy on June 21, 2007, 09:38:44 AM

Orangeman, who are Arbdoes suspended men at present?

Gavin Wylie, John McConville and Martin Mckeown all got straight reds last friday night against cookstown.

orangeman

Wee Roddy  - we'll have Tommy Mc Guigan and Kyel Coney ( both injured ) as wel as the Cookstown 3 - we're really up against it on Sunday - have you anybody out / missing / injured ?