Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperHans

Ardboe posters,
Who got sent off for Cookstown against U??

Was Paul McGurk ne good in your recent encounters?

snappiered

Any word who win the Derrylaughlin V Kildress game last night.

King Chancer

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on June 21, 2007, 07:48:54 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on June 21, 2007, 09:38:44 AM
Fionntamhnach, I was talking to a Loughmacrory man after the ladies game in Beragh and he said that result would bring ladies football on greatly over the next few years with Carmen finished and out of the way for a few years. I repeated this to a friend of mine, who to be honest has a greater insight into ladies football and he promply offered to take any bet against Carrickmore winning the championship back next year at any odds! He said that Eilish Gormley and Lynette Hughes were only training for a short time and where not fit, Connie Fox would be back in a month, Eleanor Fox likewise, allied to the fact that he thinks the managment stayed a year to long, selecting relatives etc before people that should be starting.
As a nuetral, what is your honest opinion- are they finished or was the undefeated run bound to end?

Orangeman, who are Arbdoes suspended men at present?
It's hard for me to say something really without being prejudiced against players from both clubs concerned. I was at the corresponding league game in Dunmoyle just 10 days beforehand and I knew it wouldn't be a game to miss and sure enough others thought the same - there must have been around 700-800 in Beragh on Tuesday night. To me on a short term basis having Carrickmore out of the championship does open it up, but in reality only Errigal Ciaran, St.Macartan's and possibly Aodh Ruadh can be considered serious contenders. It will all be down to how the Carrickmore team react to this setback - they have the Senior B championship to look at now but I'd have a feeling they won't be killing themselves for it. On one hand the LMC man might be right - will the hunger be there after such a long stay at the top flight? Almost certainly their record of six straight Tyrone SLFCs will not be repeated for a long time. Also while veterans like Gormley and Hughes were not fully fit (though Gormley looked sharp in the first half), they are not getting younger and their fitness will start to edge away over time. Time will tell to see how well Connie reacts coming back. However Carrickmore being Carrickmore are like the Germans in Soccer - never write them off no matter how poor they may appear at present. No team in Tyrone would refuse to take players like Gormley, Fox, Begley etc. to boister their team. The word I got from the camp was that they simply felt they didn't do enough on the night against Errigal - an acceptance that they have to try harder. On that note, if they want to up the game where they feel they need to compete better I'm sure they can do it. However one of their biggest problems is out of their hands - St.Macartan's beat them for the league title last year, Donaghmoyne beat them well in last year's Ulster final and now probably the most important of all, Errigal have beaten them in the Tyrone Championship after they (Errigal) had been soundly defeated by them last year. It gives a physiological edge to their opponents. They now know that the Carrickmore ladies football team in its current form are now beatable, and to me the only way they can dispel this is by winning the Ulster Championship next year, bounce back big time.

I can understand what you are all saying but had carrickmore played like they did in the first 10/15 mins they would have hammered errigal. the first quarter was all carmen. maire grogan powering throught the middle and begley scoring a clinker goal. but somehow this stopped and the ball was helf up too long in midfield. siobhan mcgarvey started doing what carmen had done with errigal going in at half time in front. it was time for change in carmen to replace aideen okane with elaine coyle and dervla mccallan by sinead mcaleer. this did not happen. the second half claire gallagher kicked 3 consecutive wides and the ball straight at the keeper which to me was the turning point in the game. if it had been begley or gormley  she would had have scored that carmen were home and dry. the loss of a left footed free taker will come back till haunt them. carmen were served well by roisin rafferty, claire okane, patricia mcgurk, kathy mcaleer and gemma begley. these players looked hungry and a lot sharper than the rest.
you talk about hughes and gormley not being fit, gormley is fit and has been training and it was hughes 1st game of the year so match practice killed her althought she had a good last 10. connie fox is to return to training next week, but eleanor fox has been there and has just not been making it. maire slane was another loss in 2nd quarter. errigal had good games by claire mcgarvey, selena oguz, amy montaque, lycrecia quinn and shannon quinn.

Bensars

GAA Poll

Will Tyrone win the All Ireland?

Poll on the Irish News Site.    10.30 am 

Theres not many giving us a chance

Of course:
7%
No way:
90%
I'm watching the hurling:
1%
I'm waiting on the Premiership starting again!:
0%

Total Votes: 1724

Porky

I have heard Stephen O'Neill injured his hamstring (again!!!) at training the other night and is out for 3 - 4 weeks, also Brian Dooher has a groin injury. Both may struggle to be fit for Ulster Final.
Any truth in this??

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Bensars on June 22, 2007, 10:27:18 AM
GAA Poll

Will Tyrone win the All Ireland?

Poll on the Irish News Site.    10.30 am 

Theres not many giving us a chance

Good!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

orangeman

That would be a bad blow about Stevie O'Neill - he must have a big problem with this hamstring -

Bensars

you will have to ask the irish news, as it was a copy and paste exercise.

nrico2006

Was any reserve championship games played this week?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ziggysego

Well at least no-one is waiting for the soccer to start :D
Testing Accessibility

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: hardstation on June 22, 2007, 02:10:32 PM
QuoteOf course:
7%
No way:
90%
I'm watching the hurling:
1%
I'm waiting on the Premiership starting again!:
0%

Total Votes: 1724

What did the other 34 and a half people say?

I'd say those are 'rounding errors', which they'd be delighted to know, no doubt  ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Porky on June 22, 2007, 10:58:46 AM
I have heard Stephen O'Neill injured his hamstring (again!!!) at training the other night and is out for 3 - 4 weeks, also Brian Dooher has a groin injury. Both may struggle to be fit for Ulster Final.
Any truth in this??

Any substance to this Fuzzman?

orangeman

Has anybody any idea what the league programme will be like in July ? Will there be a break for holidays and Ulster final ?

KIDDO

E-Ciaran1.11, Dromore 0.5, in the quarter final of the Tyrone minor championship  tonight at Dunmoyle, with  Mickey Hughes the referee. Mickey,  who  has a tendancy to red card  a least one player per game in every game  he controls , duly obliged also  in this tie dismissing an E - Ciaran defender  for a second yellow card offence, 2minutes 20 seconds into injury time, no doubt being an intercounty refereeMickey must ensure that nobody escapes justice , but at this stage of the game surely  a sending off was not justified.  

KIDDO

Division 3 Tyrone   league result tonight Brackaville  0.10, Dregish 1.7.